Old 12-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #1  
FB

Default Describe your fun!

We all know that losing weight is HARD, hard work. It can be so overwhelming at times, especially around the holidays.

I thought it would be a positive thing to discuss what we enjoy about this. Not the results or the rewards we reap (NSV), but the process that gives us those results. What's your favorite part about doing this?

It could be a little thing, like discovering a love for parsnips or something HUGE like winning a marathon.

Is there something you do for weight loss that you consider fun?
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #2  
FB

My fun would be rocking some classic heavy metal while lifting weights. It's sort of cool to be so burly, I'm reconnecting with my masculine side.

I also enjoy being a total food snob! I've discovered my inner-gourmand and am really digging fine cheeses, seafood and spices. Before, the choices would have been cheetos, fish sticks and iodized salt (just kidding, sort of).

I'll think of more! Your turn!

Last edited by FB; 12-10-2008 at 12:03 AM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #3  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I enjoy seeing my run time improve. I try to get a better time each time I run. It doesn't actually happen EVERY time, but usually it does! I am running a 5K tomorrow (my second official) and in January I will start running in a distance series to help train for a half marathon in March!!

Losing weight and fitting into smaller clothes is great but for me it really helps to keep the crazies away if I focus on something else, like my improving my run time. Improving my run time as I stick to plan has the fantastic side effect of making me shed fat!
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #4  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I really enjoy talking about our changed diet with my husband--about how it affects him when he eats something sugary now (he hates it), and other stuff about it. It's a point of commonality and of interest for us both now.

I like experimenting with different foods, trying new things, and seeing how the family reacts. My husband gets major points now for not freaking out when I want to try "weird" stuff.

On the other hand, I do get some glee out of describing the green smoothie that I eat for breakfast to people, and watching them get totally grossed out. It tastes really good to me, but I can understand why it sounds disgusting. Still, it's hilarious the kind of reactions it gets.

I also find it both amusing and annoying how some people react when I tell them I don't eat sugar. Many will try to argue me out of it! (My husband gets this reaction from people too, and it gives us something to chuckle over together.)

I enjoy challenging my oldest son to work on pushups and (soon) the C25K alongside me. I enjoy encouraging my husband in being more physically active to. (He's quite willing, and I just need to nudge him.)

I enjoy planning physically active things to do with my family now.

I REALLY enjoy the wider variety of things my husband and I can do together sexually now that we've lost a combined total of about 100 pounds.

I enjoy experimenting with baking healthy things that are also delicious. I love baking and won't ever give it up, and finding ways to make things like chocolate chip cookies much healthier is really fun for me.

I'd enjoy buying smaller, cuter clothes except I haven't done it much--mostly due to budgetary constraints. Also, my freakin' jeans still fit because they have spandex, so now I am bound and determined to see how much I'll have to lose before they literally start falling off me. It's like a little competition between me and the jeans, and ultimately, I am GOING to win.

I enjoy tracking my weight loss and my husband's weight loss and doing my little prediction magic, looking at the future timeline of what weight I'll be and when.

I enjoy my muscles.

I enjoy hill-walking in the beautiful place I get to walk.

Good thread. I've been kind of feeling generally deprived lately and it's good to have the reminder that there's plenty about my new lifestyle that I love.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I LOVE being in my kitchen. I never truly appreciated the process of chopping, blending, stirring and creating my meals from scratch. Before, I would have grabbed the easiest, crappiest thing I could find in a large quantity- the faster I could have it in front of me, the better. I never understood the pleasure of cooking a meal before. It has also brought my dad and I together. He's a (non-professional) vegetarian chef and his kitchen is his happy place. We've been able to bond of recipes, cooking utensils, etc...

<--------------- junebug41 and her dad

I LOVE finding fun active things to do. Before, I would have NEVER dropped in on a dance class, but now I want to try it all. I never realized how FUN dancing around a room like a 5 year old could be, which is kinda sad.

And I have to admit, buying off the rack is pretty darn fun, too.

Last edited by junebug41; 12-10-2008 at 12:34 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 AM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I love getting up in the morning and getting on the scale. I would never have guessed I would be saying this a month ago.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I have always loved to cook, and now I really appreciate the food I make. I'm hungry when it's ready, and I love all the local produce in my recipes. It not only tastes good, it is good for my family.

I like it when I notice the muscles in my arms and legs working as I do my strength training. I am proud of my shoulders and upper arms as well as the shape of my calves -- it is nice to remember to pay attention when they are "doing their thing".

Last edited by Schumeany; 12-10-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I enjoy how I feel physically when I'm on-plan...no depression, no fatigue, no irritability. No pill can match that.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #9  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I enjoy the food I eat now. If I can only have so much food each day...I want every bite to be awsome. Everything I eat is the freshest and tastiest that I can manage. No more stuffing my face with things that are just ok to fill my belly! And fast food definatly doesn't fit the criteria!

Last edited by djay; 12-10-2008 at 09:07 AM.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I love finding pieces I like at the local thrift store. I recently found a blazer (size 8, OH YEAH!) by Jones New York that I adored and matches these deep brown heels my hubby just bought me.

I love getting out my food processor and putting in a concoction of healthy things and adoring what I have made. Last night was HUMMUS burgers. OMG--delicious!

I love feeling like I have energy rather than constantly lugging around fifty pounds of extra weight with all the heavy foods I put in my stomach that day.

I love seeing my photo.

I love the way my children's little hands and fingers feel wrapped all the way around me.

I hate to say it, but I love being looked at by other men. My hubby notices too and he chuckles about it--but I know on the inside it makes him proud--shallow but lets face it, the truth.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #11  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
I hate to say it, but I love being looked at by other men. My hubby notices too and he chuckles about it--but I know on the inside it makes him proud--shallow but lets face it, the truth.
I can't wait until I notice more guys checking me out!!! I always have a couple, but I want to really get noticed. When I hit my goal, I'm going to buy the sexiest red dress I can find, and go out!!!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #12  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I love being active. I love walking everyday, and I love looking forward to other exercises I will be able to do soon: walking outside near my new home in the country, ice skating, horseback riding on my own horse (when I can afford to stable her down here). heck, I am looking forward to running.. running! Seriously, I have always maintained that I will only run when chased... and now I am looking forward to being a runner... I blame the Demon... you know the one in the back of my head that takes my body over and makes it want to go to the gym.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

I love my wii. Like today - it snowed really bad last night and it's really icy here. I didn't want to drive all the way to the gym so I hopped on my wii and worked out with that.
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Beautiful Ace, I recently read an article saying there was a study done regarding men's preferences and what they consider sexy. Men chose women in red again and again even when all other factors were considered equal. So you go girl!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #15  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I'm enjoying:

Listening to music while working out. This often includes dancing!
Noticing my workout progress.
Looking at myself and seeing the changes in my body, including my newfound collarbones!
Noticing that my "belly barrel" is getting smaller...
Finding new recipes to cook.
Discovering new foods that I like, such as sweet potato fries and pesto.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote