Old 12-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/or Accountability/or Planning - Week of Dec. 8-14

Need a place to post your menu... is accountability helpful , or want some extra support? Then this is the place for you! Come on over!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #2  

I chicks...Yesterday I struggled...but, I am hopping back on today. I did my program at the xmas party and it was so much fun and very well received. Having DH push me in with the wheelchair was very humbling. But, I don't care - I'd rather do that then not work.

Today I have PT - then I need to have a Cat Scan on my lower left abdominal quadrant where I've been having a dull ache for a while. Always something going on it seems.

Also, today, wrapping and working on a dinner/silent auction/performance fundraiser.

breakfast - waffle,ICBINBS, sf syrup, 1/2 banana
lunch - open face turkey ham and lite cheese with mustard, speghetti squash with parm.
snack - apple
dinner - not sure - depends if DH is in town or out of town.

MJ - seems like you're ready. Glad you had fun with your niece.

Lyn - so glad you could check in. Hope things are going well.

Cfmama - glad your spirits are brighter. We all have those gloomy days. Having the xmas shopping about done is great.

Everyone have a GREAT day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-08-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for getting right back to it today. Sounds like the program yesterday was a hit! Oh dear, hope the CT turns out ok! Let us know.

Feels nice to have an extra day off this week! Just running some errands and decorating today.

Have a great OP day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends,

Beverly - I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some abdominal pain. I hope the Cat scan shows nothing major.

I'm back to work today after a very busy weekend. Paul and I finished up the Christmas shopping Saturday evening. Now, I just need to wrap everything. Oy vey! I don't like the wrapping part. Someone wanna come over and wrap for me? I'll brew a pot of coffee and keep you company.
Yesterday, I tackled my youngest DD's bedroom. What a mess! That child must take after her Daddy as I don't remember ever being that messy. Today, youngest has a Brownie task where they learn to feed and groom and care for a horse. She is a major horse lover and is very excited. The oldest has her chorus Christmas program. There's nothing like a busy Monday to start the week off on the right foot.

Today, I'm back on-plan and making an effort again. Sometimes, you just have to get to the point where you're sick enough of being fat that it's worth the effort to do something about it. Well, I'm at that point. Money is a bit tight and the cabinets/freezer are full, so I didn't go grocery shopping. My plan for this next couple of weeks is to do the best with what I have on hand...veggies, meats, 1 or 2 whole grains a day, limited fats...and, No Sugar! I've fallen into the sugar lake again and I'm drowning! I'll also concentrate on moving my rumpus again.

Have a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-08-2008 at 09:09 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday chicks, I am ready to plunge into what promises to be another busy week. We had a nice weekend, DD had lots of activities and parties, and she was in the town Christmas parade Saturday night. DS started not feeling well Saturday evening, and I think he's got strep, so we'll get him in for a throat culture today. DD has dance class after school. At least I've got beef stew going in the crockpot for dinner.

I have been hanging on by my fingernails lately and I finally made myself weigh, which I have been cleverly avoiding, since if I don't see it on the scale, it can't be so, right? I have gained a few pounds back, hopefully some of that is water, but it's just a bit and will be easy to turn around if I can get my focus back. I'm going to wait a few days before I change my ticker - maybe I won't have to.

My close friend called last night after spending the day at Urgent Care. She has had a very stressful year, is carrying at least as much weight as I used to, and she's been having some health issues lately, self diagnosing and self treating and it's had me worried. She had such a miserable night and was so swollen that she got herself to a doctor yesterday, and she's got fluid in her lungs, which is what I was worried about. She'll be seeing a cardiologist this week. I'm so relieved she's going to see someone. She's got three young kids that need her around and healthy.

I went through my Christmas list and I think I'm just about done. I'll need to run out once this week to pick up a few things, and I'm going to send DH out with a list of electronics items. Then we should be good. I will bake a few things at the last minute (don't want all that around until the day), and that's going to be about the extent of my holiday efforts this year. Some years you just can't do it all...

Here's today's plan:
B: oatmeal, hardboiled egg, coffee with milk
S: edamame, tomato juice
L: taco bake, salad, fudgesicle
S; skim latte, bean brownie
D: Beef stew squash, warm spinach salad
S: yogurt with slivered almonds and agave nectar

Have a great on-plan Monday chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #6  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

what is icbinbs?
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #7  

I think that's I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #8  
There is no try...only do

S/C/G: 282/265/200

Height: 5'9"

This week is highly stressful for me, personally and at work. My daughter turns 9 today...AVOID CAKE AND ICECREAM!!! (Sherbert)
Thursday my oldest has an appointment with her neurologist. (she had a tumor removed from her skull in August) So im STRESSED about that. At work Im hosting a tumbling competition for the whole state.
So, my goals for the week are...dont eat out. PERIOD. Dont stress out and eat...if I feel stressed...GET ON TREADMILL!!!

And breathe....just breathe.
dizzybizzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:29 AM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

dizzybizzy- I'll be breathing over here for ya too (((hugs)))
Beverlyjoy- I hope the ct is okay and I am glad that you had fun at your party!
Girlygirlsebas- it's so nice to have it all done is it not? I love horses and I hope your daughter had a wonderful time!
Schmoodle- get back in the saddle and ride. A couple lbs is nothing Probably just water anyways! (hugs)

I'll be back later with my plan. Gotta input in fitday and make any changes.

Plan for tomorrow (Day 73 on plan if you're counting ... which I am )
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #10  

Hi chicks - yesterday was just horrible. I have got to get this back together. Today will be better - I just know it.

I did my cat scan and hope to get the results this week.

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, applesauce, pnb toast
lunch = spaghetti squash with cheese and olive oil, garlic toast
snack - apple
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, applesauce
snack - oatmeal, fruit, skim milk

cfmama - 73 days OP is awesome...go girl!

dizzybizzy - just breath is such good advice to give yourself and a good reminder for us all! Hope all goes well at the doctor's office and the meet!

schmoodle - try and hop back on plan. Two pounds is a little warning...but, not the end of the world. I know you CAN do this!

Rhonda - sounds like a good plan. Sometimes it takes just plain being 'tired' of it all. Hang in there...you will succeed.

MJ - hope you had a good day yesterday.

Everyone - have a GREAT OP day!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! I am starting to get stressed over going to my ils this weekend....I KNOW it will be ok, but dh was telling me all of the food that will be at the party on Sat, yea, I very much need to plan ahead for that. Other than the salad we are bringing, it is all high fat/high calorie stuff. I may want to bring some fruit too, or something. Not that I need to avoid everything, I just know I won't eat just salad....
Rhonda--Wow, you aren't kidding about a busy Monday! Sounds like lots of fun stuff, though! Good for you, I know you can do this!

Schmoodle--Busy at your house too! How is your friend? Glad to hear she is getting herself some medical attn. I hope you don't have to change your ticker, but if you do, you do. I know you can do this too! Yea for for being almost set w/ holiday stuff!

dizzybizzy--How are you doing?

cfmama--Of course we are counting w/ you! Great job!

Beverlyjoy--Here's to a good day today! Yesterday was good....until the tree tipped over. Yep, NOT fun. No major casualties, though...

As I said to Beverlyjoy, last night as dh and I were watching tv and enjoying our decorations, we heard a crack and then......the tree tipped over!!!!! I think it scared the dogs more than anything....a couple ornaments broke (we have them glued together in the ornament "hospital" in our kitchen). Dh was able to secure the tree. The tree skirt is drying. We re-decorated what fell off....it's kind-of funny, now, but in the moment...not so much!

Hi to everyone else!

My plan for today is to go to the gym right after work, as long as they roads are ok. They were pretty sketchy this am (ice and snow), but should be fine by tonight.

Have a great OP day!

I maintained this week, which is fine. We have had ham the last couple of nights, so I may have actually had a small loss, but w/ the sodium from the ham it isn't showing up yet. It's ok, though. I'll take maintaining!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #12  

I decided to give myself until Saturday to flush out my system with lots of water and get a handle on things. I'll weigh that morning and change my ticker if necessary.
I'm doing better, but not perfect (yet). I had a couple of starlight mints after lunch, and I am trying to detox from sugar so that's no help.

Otherwise, here's today so far:
B: oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee with milk
L: frozen South Beach meal (meat loaf with green beans) - gross, NSA fudgesicle, handful of starlight mints
S: skim latte, bean brownie
S: 2 Wasa crackers with Laughing Cow Light Cheese

The kids wanted toasted submarine sandwiches for dinner, so I'll have leftovers - baked acorn squash, oven fried chicken, and I think I'll make a 3 bean salad

Snack later: yogurt with agave nectar and toasted almonds

I had DS to the doctor yesterday, and it is strep throat. He'll be back in school tomorrow. DD and I had dental appointments this morning. Just trying to catch up on work now, but my weekly scheduled security scan on my laptop just kicked in and I decided to let it run. I'll need to change the schedule in the future for a more convenient time. I just got it back from the IT guys and I guess this is something new they set up.
My friend is having an echocardiogram today. I'll be anxious until I get some news from her.

mj, I agree, maintaining this time of year is an accomplishment. Most of the rest of the country will not be able to say the same! I'm putting off getting the tree up. I'm not sure how the new cat will be with it. The others don't bother it much.
cfmama, I wish it was water, but I don't think so... I've already accounted for that. Thanks for the encouragement.
dizzybizzy, you are halfway through your stressful week! Hope all is going smoothly.
Rhonda, my DD just finished her horse lovers and horseback riding badges for Juniors. She is doing a service project at the farm where she rides for her Bronze badge this year. I think she'll be raising money to sponsor a disadvantaged child to ride in the spring.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-09-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:47 AM   #13  

Hi Chicks - yesterday I stayed OP - I am so grateful. I weighed today and amazingly - I've lost 4 pounds. I am sure a bit of it is water weight...but, I'll take and I am glad to change my ticker. It's been a long time since I could change my ticker down.

Today:

breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, applesauce
lunch - beef barley soup, veggies
snack - apple
dinner - ham sandwich, salad
snack - oatmeal, raisin, milk

Schmoodle - you are one busy lady. Hope DS is feeling better. Sounds like you have a good plan.

MJ - goodness - a falling tree!! Sounds like you are thinking ahead for the party. That's important.

Shout out to everyone. Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-10-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #14  

Hi chicks!

Hooray for on-plan days BeverlyJoy! Here's to another!

Nothing much going on around here but work. At least kids are all in school today. DD has basketball practice tonight, but it's the neighbors turn to drive. My dear friend was admitted to the hospital yesterday and is in cardiac ICU, so I want to get over to see her tonight during visiting hours. Her heart pumping capacity was down to 20%, so she was definitely failing. I'm so glad she's where she needs to be to get better.

Here's todayL
B: oatmeal, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: edamame, tomato juice
L: 3 bean salad, NSA fudgesicle, WASA crackers with LCLC
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: boneless pork loin chops with sauerkraut, 3 bean salad
S: yogurt with agave nectar and toasted almonds
Old 12-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #15  
mj5

Hi everyone!

Schmoodle--I've never had a cat, that could make having a tree interesting! How scary for your friend! I hope everything turns out ok. Like you said, at least she is where she needs to be to get better.

Beverlyjoy--That is fantastic! Great job!

Hi to everyone else! Hope things are going well!

Plan for tonight is to hit the gym right after work. With our tree 'balancing act' at home, I have decided it is probably best not to do any watp dvd's until we take the tree down--I don't want it crashing down on me!!!

My latest reward--which I should earn by Friday (and some future ones) should be at home waiting for me today--some bubble bath, lotion, stuff like that. I can't wait to try them!