Old 12-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #1  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Default Why do I always try to sabotage myself?

So I was dong great with my WL, just trucking along. No, not every weigh in was successful but I understand that WL has its ups and downs. Then, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I was down to 255. Sunday morning comes and BAM! 260. WTF? 5 lbs? I knew that it wasn't fat and I thought it would go down. No such luck.

Needless to say, I decided that I didn't need to exercise as much because it wasn't doing anything for my WL anyway. Oh, and how bad could one extra piece be? It couldn't hurt. I put on 5 lbs in one day! So here I am just making it harder on myself because of a bad encounter with the scale. Was the past months of hard work that easy for me to just throw away? At that moment, it was. But why? Why would I let a number get me down? Why would I throw months of discipline away? Why would I throw real progress and me being at my lowest weight in recent history?

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!! Thankfully, and accountability friend read me my rights and kicked me in the rear. So, I am going through the motions of getting back on track. But, sadly, my heart isn't it like it was before the 5 lb increase. I used to be so gun-ho! I was the one motivating others. How can I get that drive back? How can I regain the determination that I had once before?

Thanks girls. I will not quit this journey but I need some advice to get my mojo back!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Hey girl! Your mojo is what you make it. I have found, as you know , that's it's hard to keep going even when you see results in inches but not on the scale. Sometimes, it's hard to keep going even when you see results on the scale b/c it's just hard. But what you do in those moments even when you don't feel like working out or eating right, is what this journey is about. You do things in secret that people will not see. At the end of the day, it's not for anybody else but yourself. If YOU want a healthier you, than you will continue. I don't know if it's the winter season or what, but it's hard to keep working out! I do b/c I want to my, heart is not in it like it was. But you know? it still counts! You still are burning calories and you still are whipping your body into shape! Who cares if you don't feel it, right? lol Feelings are so trivial and at the end of the day it's about what you did not how you got there.

You are doing so good and I'm so proud of you! You've been such a constant force for me!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

I know what you're going through!! I felt the same way after Thanksgiving. I gained weight and was depressed and ready to throw in the towel. But you can't give up. The best advice I got on here was, "if you tripped on one stair would you throw yourself down the rest?" One of the hardest things I had to accept, was this its not gonna be a perfect WL journey. Some weeks are gonna be better than others and as long as the general pattern of you WL is going down, you're doing a great job!! You ARE gonna have bad days and you ARE gonna splurge. You're human. Accept last week and move past it. You wouldn't have gotten this far if you didn't already have great will power. So be thankful you enjoyed all that great food on Thanksgiving and get right back OP. You can do it!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Ohhh, honey. You're not allowed to quit. I won't let you.
Something that Meredith said to me recently really made me think...

You're 260 lbs. That's up from 255, and that sucks. However... when you were 317... would you not have KILLED to be 260? ****, when you were 317, wouldn't you have killed to be 270 lbs??

Bad days, bad weeks, bad months... they're the killers of motivation, they drive you nuts, and sometimes make you weaker. But they shouldn't. They should only make us stronger. You see a bad number on the scale? FIGHT BACK! Go for a run, pound a bottle of water, throw out a box/bag of junk food as a f*ck you! to the scale. You're strong, we've all seen what you can do, we've seen how much weight you've lost so far, and we all know how much more you're gonna lose. You're gonna get to your goal, and you're gonna do it, because you stick through it even through the rough patches.

Keep going baby. I have nothing but faith.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Stick in there! We are all here for you and want you to succeed. You and I have started at the same weight and I can't wait till I'm 260. Be proud of what you have accomplished because it's awesome!!!
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Wow! This thread could have been written about me today! I haven't WI'ed in in almost 2 weeks (T-day and I was sick). Well I went on the scale today and am up about .5 lbs. Which makes no sense b/c I ate crappy only 4 days in the past 2 weeks and was OP every other day. I couldn't believe I had a gain after all the work-outs and good eating! I almost threw in the towel today and if it weren't for the BL challenge, I would have. I did the treadmill and 30DS and made good food choices today despite all the temptations I had and thought about when I made my menu selections.

Not a day goes by where I don't (even for a split second) consider getting a candy bar or an ice cream, etc. And in the past I would always give in, esp after a disappointing WI. Which is why I have been yo-yo dieting for years now. I am sick of it and am really trying to break that way of thinking. I like everyone's posts, esp Here We Go Again. This weight loss journey for me is more than just dropping pounds. I am trying to relearn how to eat normally (instead of unhealthy diet, binge, repeat) on a day-to-day basis.

Good luck and let us know how your weight loss journey continues!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #7  
New BodyBugger!

Thank you girls for the great insight! You guys are right, at 317 I would have cut off an appendage to be 260 or even 270. I will keep pushing through. I just wish that there was a surefire way to get the burning desire back!!! Maybe, I'll buy some when I'm out shopping today J/K
Old 12-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #8  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Nothing makes me feel more in control than taking control! If you feel discouraged, plan your meals and workouts for the week and let that determination carry you through your self-doubt.
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #9  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Ow, baby, I'm so feeling for you . It's so demotivating when the things don't come along as we'd like them to, and pounds are sticking like they're coming out of thin air. That is the time the stayers are separated from the stoppers. It does not depend on the scale. It does not depend on inches. It depends on you, keeping going, despite all evidence of the contrary. It is hard, but the reward will come. Look how far you've come. Would you let that all slip? I don't think so. It's not easy, and it isn't quick, but it will be so worth it in the end. Think of all those little motivating things, stick pictures in your house, write motivating claims on blackboards, whatever works for you. That motivation will come back, I'm sure of it. In the meantime - you'll have to sit it out.

I have faith in you! Your weight loss journey inspires me. You can do this
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #10  
New BodyBugger!

Update: Desire SSSLLLLOOOOWWWLLLLYYY returning...
Old 12-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #11  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

glad you got your desire back, I was going to post some motivation but what everybody else said is what I was going to say. Just keep your head above water and the rest will come in time.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote