Old 12-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #1  

Default Daily water intake

Ok i'm new here and I tried doing a search for this but i couldn't get any results. How much water should I be drinking daily. I was a soda junkie now that i've quit it I want to make sure im getting my daily water intake. Thanks in advance.
stewartsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173.3/166.7/135

Height: 5'2"

I personally try to drink as much water as possible, but I love ice water and probably drink between 3 quarts and a gallon a day.

I've heard anything from 6 8-oz glasses a day to taking your body weight in pounds, cutting that number in half, and drinking that many ounces. (Like I weigh about 175 lbs, so I would drink 87-88 ounces a day.

There are places that will warn you about water intoxication, but that's only really a danger for athletes doing extreme workouts (like a triathalon) and drinking too much water and not getting enough electrolytes.
janal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I've heard the same thing as janal14. Anywhere from 64 ounces, to half your wieght in pounds in ounces. I personally drink somewhere between 60 and 100 ounces, depending on how thirsty/hungry I am during the day (or how many diet sodas I've had).
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #4  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

this whole ounces thing is so bizarre.

i try to drink 2 litres a day in FLUIDS, half pure water... the other whatever i fancy...
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #5  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

i try to drink at least a liter of water every day. sometimes 2. i'm dangerous.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #6  

I know it might be tmi but what about peeing I drink 2 bottles of poland springs by noon and im running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. Is this going to go away or should i drink less?
Old 12-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #7  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by janal14 View Post
There are places that will warn you about water intoxication, but that's only really a danger for athletes doing extreme workouts (like a triathalon) and drinking too much water and not getting enough electrolytes.
Don't forget about people with kidney problems or heart failure. And it's important to also count tea, milk, coffee, fruit juice whatever as fluid intake.

I try to drink 1.5L of fluids a day. Ain't I mediocre? Many sources say to tell by the colour of your pee. We recently had a great topic about this *digs to find it* ... This one!
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #8  

Thanks I just wanna make sure i'm doing everything right this time. I don't wanna fail again.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #9  
Saving Myself

S/C/G: 199.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I drink 8-10 cups per day of water. I don't drink anything else except an occasional diet root beer. Sometimes I drink tea in the evening if I'm anxious (I'm a very anxious person), but I usually forget. I used to drink 12 cups but that's hard to remember to do. So I go for 10. I'll up to 12 if I feel like I need it. My body tells me when I need extra water. If I don't get 8 cups a day, I'm tired and thirty and feel...dried out. Sounds weird, but that's all I can say to describe the feeling. I like to feel hydrated...like a plant.

EDIT: Having to pee every 5 minutes will go away in a week or less or more. Try slowly going up or drinking half a cup every 45 mins or something if you can't get to a bathroom often.

Last edited by Angel's_Dust; 12-04-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Angel's_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote