Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Smile End-of-year reflection, goal-setting

We have just under a month left in 2008. 2009 is almost upon us. With the start of a new year will come a massive influx of people to Weight Watchers and support sites like 3FC as people decide they need to make some changes in their lives. I was just thinking about how grateful I am that I chose to start losing weight 11 months ago, instead of putting it off and putting it off as I have done in the past, only to come to this point in the year and think "gee, I sure wish I started back last new year's!"

It may be a little early for end-of-year reflections, but I think doing this a little in advance can help you make the best out of the next holiday-treat-laden month. Keeping your goals in sight and remaining aware of your achievements may help keep you away from that tray of Aunt Gertie's holiday fudge, you know I know I am more likely to stay OP when I remain keenly aware of my successes and know just what I still need to accomplish - I am less likely to compromise my plans with over-indulgences and junk food.

So here are some questions:

1) Reflect for a moment on all you have achieved this year. Are you happy with your progress? If you haven't made as much scale progress as you would have liked, what about non-scale achievements?

2) What do you plan on doing this month to make sure 2008 goes out with a bang?

3) What is the thing (are the things) you have learned that has been most important to your journey this year?

4) What are your goals for 2009?

5) Do you have a plan for achieving your goals?

6) Do you foresee any obstacles between you and your goals? What can you do *now* to plan for tackling these obstacles?

Congrats on having started on your journey already, and not waiting until "tomorrow." Don't let the holidays be a reason for you to give up and try again January 1st. Keep sight of what you want to achieve!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I will answer my own questions

1) Reflect for a moment on all you have achieved this year. Are you happy with your progress? If you haven't made as much scale progress as you would have liked, what about non-scale achievements?
I have lost about 30lbs. At times I get discouraged by this and think, "I could have lost more! Some people lose 70lbs in a matter of months!" I have to remember I am not those people. I have to own my own rate of weight loss and all the factors that go into it. And dangit, and the end of the day, I am *thrilled* to be 30lbs lighter than I was Jan 1st, wearing smaller clothes, in better shape than I ever have been.

I will continue to exercise every other day, though running may be out for the next few weeks as whatever got messed up with my foot heals. I'm going to see what the stationary bike feels like. I am also not planning on having a huge Christmas meal, and any sweets I get will be allocated to my husband promptly.

3) What is the thing (are the things) you have learned that has been most important to your journey this year?
Patience - patience - patience.
Even when the scale says you're not making progress, you are. In some small way, every week, whether it's mental or physical, you are making progress. And if you stick with it, the scale will show it eventually. Also, don't take the scale too seriously. It is but one measure of our progress, and it's such a moody little thing. Periodically take stock of how you feel, how your clothes/rings feel, what your measurements are, how you are eating. Learn to see success in other ways.

Well, my loftiest goal would be to make my weight loss goal, which is another 43lbs or so from here. It's possible, but I won't lose too much sleep if it doesn't happen, either. Maintaining my current loss and moving down further will be enough for me. Fitness goals include increasing my stamina while running so I can eventually run an actual 5k.

Consistency in sticking to plan and exercising - that's really the only way.

6) Do you foresee any obstacles between you and your goals? What can you do *now* to plan for tackling these obstacles?
I'm sure there will be obstacles. Any stressful period in life will throw off my eating and exercise if I don't learn to deal with it in another way. So that's basically my plan - actively seek out things I can do to relax and distract me from the stress eating impulse.

Now to hear from you all!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Well i am really proud of me , i just star 4 weeks ago (Nov 22 whit a star wMwmwwewkwtNWSWWAWIWVWYkWowntwowas 171.2 ) now i am at 163.4 . so it a total of 7.8 down ,my exercise is improving too.

I will try my hard on be on points , and exercise at lease 3 tomes a week for 1 hour

That the scale goes little by little , but always down...

I will like to reach my goal of 38 pound to go , but in June is my 10 aniversarynecessaryanisesanothersneveramidesamines anileaniseaniseedsamitiesanimasanodesanusesanimosi tyeasier so I will like to be in the same weight that when i get marry , that will be 136 pounds .

Be on point at lease 5 days a week

exercise at lease 3 times a week .
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I dont know what happend whit my post sorry
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #5  
Michele

S/C/G: 215/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Smile

What are your goals for 2009?
Control my food intake, not my food intake control me
Eat Healthier
Exercise 3 to 6 times a day
Stay in my calorie/point range
Work on my Self Affirmations
Take at least 15 minutes a day for ME time

Do you have a plan for achieving your goals?
Take it one day at a time, change one bad habit at a time. Not to feel like it all has to be done overnight.

Do you foresee any obstacles between you and your goals? What can you do *now* to plan for tackling these obstacles?
Stress, the holidays, the addiction to food kicking my butt. Taking it one day at a time, Finding ways to destress myself, turning away from all those trigger foods.
moonrosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Refecting on what I have achieved--I am healthier than I was six months ago and am learning I can continue this as a lifestyle not just a fix

What do I plan to do this month to make it go out with a bang?--One do my best not to go off points but if I do then not beat myself up for it. Enjoy my family and friends

What is the thing(s) I have learned this year--my body is a very efficent machine and if you treat it right you will feel better. And my weight loss is not a race I will lose when I lose

My goals for 2009--To continue to eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis and continue to lose until I reach my goal

Do I plan on achieving my goals--I want to say yes right now the answer would be yes of course but that leads into the final questions

What obsticles do I forsee in my way--I am my own worst enemy and have been know in my past to sabitage myself. This year I need to learn to be patient with myself and not be so critical when I mess up. I need to remember I am human
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #7  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

1) Reflect for a moment on all you have achieved this year. Are you happy with your progress? If you haven't made as much scale progress as you would have liked, what about non-scale achievements?i have to say this year has been the toughest i have seen in a long long time and plan on focusing and changing things so it does not happen again...i'm mainly referring to the non scale things but i am also not happy that i let the non scale things interfer with the scale things...lol. if that makes sense.

2) What do you plan on doing this month to make sure 2008 goes out with a bang? i plan on spending my time quietly with family and just enjoying things as much as possible.

3) What is the thing (are the things) you have learned that has been most important to your journey this year? you can't depend on something to be there just cause it always has been, so you need to control the things you can cause life can get out of control at times.

4) What are your goals for 2009?a good job, catch of on bills and stick to a program i can live with.

5) Do you have a plan for achieving your goals?i am the type of person who does better if i journal everything and i mean everything...i need to write it down and be able to go back and reflect on the changes i have made or not made but learn from them.

6) Do you foresee any obstacles between you and your goals? What can you do *now* to plan for tackling these obstacles?the only obstacle is letting other people and things have priority over me and my health. i am a giving person and like to give to others first.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote