Old 11-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #1  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Default Thanksgiving Confession & Forgiveness Thread

Okay, I knew I was going to a buffet for Thanksgiving but somehow I wasn't too worried and didn't give much thought to it.

Well, what happened was after two plates of mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn and turkey (I'm 99% vegetarian), I thought my belly button was going to bust open. I can't remember the last time I was this full--it actually hurt. The positive is that I couldn't eat as much as I would've been able to a few months ago. The last time I went to a buffet, two plates would've been perfectly fine. I did stuff in two bites of pumpkin pie too. I realize everyone has the excuse "but it's the holidays!" but really... in Korea, mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing and pie are just not available.

So I thought I'd make this thread. Let's confess: we ate it! All of it! Too much of it. WAY too much of it! .... and move on.

In the past, eating this way was the easiest way for me to fall off the wagon. But I actually feel more motivated to eat on plan, workout harder and still get a loss this week.

In the meantime... I've got a liter of water at my side to flush out those carbs.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Good idea!! Hopefully i wont have much confessing to do lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #3  
I will do this.

Yup - I am going to confess even before I eat. I am know I am going to be bad and enjoy every minute of it and then back on track tomorrow!

I am, however, going to get 45 minutes of elliptical in before hand!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #4  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

LOL I agree, this is a great idea for a thread. So far I'm at least resisting the french toast casserole thing that my mom always makes for breakfast on holidays... It is soooo good, but so completely terribly unhealthy, heh, so I decided it just wasn't worth it, since I'm already going to be eating unhealthy stuff for dinner. I'm going to try to keep it light until then--I'll probably have a small bowl of cereal with sliced banana for breakfast. And we usually eat somewhere halfway between lunch and dinner time, so maybe I'll count it as both, LOL. I don't intend on holding back too much... I'll try to limit myself to 1 plate, maybe, but I'm having everything I want! Including tiny slivers of both pumpkin pie and cheesecake (if my stomach doesn't burst before then, in which case I guess I'll just have to survive without it, heh)!

Good luck to all you ladies with sticking to whatever kind of plan you made for today! See you all later for confessions!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #5  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

I have so far had nothing to eat and I will be having no thanksgiving dinner as the person who was going to cook is out partying with old friends and eating and I'm stuck with her dog...

But I have no one else to blame but myself for saying it's ok... even when it's not.

About an hour later:

Well, here I am about to eat a large chicken nugget meal from McD's... Can't be as bad as a whole turkey dinner...

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 11-27-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: A bit later...
Arthwen1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

We haven't had our dinner yet. Although I made two dishes of corn casserole, one big one and the other in a tiny pan that was left over. I've been sneaking bites of that one. It's so good.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #7  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Apparently I really WAS forgiven: I lost weight today. I've been on a plateau and after yesterday's food blow out + no exercise, the scale finally relented and moved down a lb. I guess the true test will be if when I'm back on track and exercising if it will not go back up.

Anyways, see... this thread works!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #8  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

this is the first year ever in my life that i am not having thanksgiving and perhaps i'm feeling a bit left out. so i've been a bit homesick and feeling deprived. needless to say, i overate twice on foods that are definitely off plan for me. le sigh
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #9  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I ate not one but two pecan bars. Sigh. I was doing well until they cracked open the pecan bars.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #10  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I ate an entire turkey's skin as I picked meat off the carcass.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #11  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Let's see... I didn't do too awful, today, actually... As planned, for breakfast I had a very small bowl of cereal and an apple! Mmm! Not even a bite of that french toast casserole, heh. For the dinner itself I had 1 plate with not-toooo-huge portions of: my tofu "chicken" strips (which were the healthiest thing on the entire table, heh ), green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and oh yes, stuffing! Plus some seconds (small ones, I swear!) of the green bean casserole and the stuffing... BUT I didn't have ANY rolls - I was actually grossed out by the idea of having stuffing AND rolls; too many carbs! lol - or sweet potatoes, or cranberry sauce, and I drank LOTS of water with my meal instead of the sparkling grape juice/wine/soda/etc that the rest of my family was having. After dinner, my sister and I went for a walk... Not a very long one or anything, but it felt good not to be totally idle after having such a big meal, heh. And I was planning on waiting until later to have dessert (pumpkin pie and cheesecake, AAH! ) but so far I haven't had any yet, and it's getting relatively late... My stomach's starting to get a little gurgly, but I'm thinking about grabbing another apple or some other healthy thing, and maybe saving the sliver of cheesecake to have tomorrow instead. I dunno though, because I made the cheesecake so I know exactly how ridiculously unhealthy it is, hehe! But it's sooo tempting!

So, am I forgiven? Hehe. Tomorrow is one of my 2 weekly weigh-ins, so I'll get to see how much total damage I've done since Monday. I really hope it's not too bad, or if it is, that I'll be able to lose it right away and not have to report a loss at the BL weigh-in this Monday!!

Last edited by Star2Be; 11-27-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

wolf - that sounded so gross! lol

I had half a piece of french silk pie, 1 plate of food, but i snaked on chex mix and cheese and crackers ALL morning. I only ate 1 meal though. I think over all I did alright. Plus I did 2 great work outs the last 2 days. And tomorrow - i'll do another one!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

I did OK. Not great but not terrible. I snacked on some munchies before dinner such as guacomole and shrimp cocktail. Dinner I had one plate full that was not even close to heaped with food. I had small portions of mashed potatoes and stuffing and larger portions of the turkey and green beans. I did have one piece of cornbread. YUM. Dessert came out and thats when I really couldn't resist. I had a piece of Banana cream pie and some chocolate rice krispie brownie thing that was AMAZING. I got full really fast which was great. But I still think I'm going to pay for the meal when its time to weigh in!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #14  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I ate some of everything. It was delicious. I was stuffed and it was fun. I am fine today though and I am so GLAD that I don't have leftovers since it wasn't at my house and I just didn't bring them home! Today I am going to run as scheduled.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 8"

I really didn't do THAT bad considering how much food I used to be able to pack away, but it wasn't great either. At dinner I had a little bit of everything that was fixed (And I really do mean a little bit), but before hand I snacked on crackers and a cream cheese dip I made...ugh. So, that probably was the most of my calories for the day. I then a very small piece of strawberry pie after dinner. Oh, and I also had a small bottle of chocolate milk...ugh again.

Oh well. I'm back on track today, but I am scared of what the scale will say tomorrow for my weekly weigh in. Especially since last week I didn't lose anything!

Last edited by Moonlight Mistress; 11-28-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote