Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy I've fallen off the wagon and I can't get up...

DANGER DANGER - HELP!

It all started Friday after I weighed in. I lost 6 pounds last week which I was very happy about. After I left WW my Mom and I went shopping, and she decided to treat me to lunch. I had a BLT sandwhich on multigrain bread, garden salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, and a diet pop. I know there was butter on the multigrain bread.
Then later Friday night, I was out with my friend and we hadn't eaten supper yet, so we went to subway, and I got a 12 inch turkey on whole wheat...

Then Saturday, Me and some friends decided to go to a club. Before we went there we went to our friends apartment and I had 2 beers. Then we went to a parking lot to meet a bunch of our friends so they could follow us to the club.... Well when everyone was there, a few people said they were hungry (in my mind I was like OH CRAP). There was a restaurant in the plaza of the parking lot we were in. So everyone agreed to grab some "dinner" before we go (It was 12am). I was a little hungry to. I ordered a chicken shwarma and a diet pop. Inside the chicken shwarma was some white garlic sauce or something. My friend kept trying to feed me fries, I was like NOOO. She finally gave up.

Sunday, I had chicken, with swiss chalet sauce, and baked low fat french fries for dinner. Not TOO TOO bad.

Then LAST NIGHT ...... I was with some friends... it was like 2am by this point, we all decided to go to this arabic cafe thing. My friend is muslim, and he smokes shisha (it's like flavoured tobacco you smoke from a big pipe and hose thing). So at this cafe they serve yummy arabic/african food and you can order shisha. My friend orders a HUGE plate of chicken covered in white garlic sauce, hummus, salad, and yellow rice. I have nooo idea what was in the rice, it was DELISH though. I ended up sharing the plate of food with her....
I went to bed at like 5am, woke up at 1:30pm, and all I ate today was a bowl of oatbran, fried egg sandwhich(with REAL butter on the toast), and an apple. I don't think I should eat anything else today. I'm probably wayyyy over my calories.

What's wrong with me? Why am I doing this to myself all of a sudden? I've been doing so well.
I haven't weighed myself this week and I don't want to. I'm getting weighed in Thursday at WW and I'm nervous to see the damage.

I'm sorry. If you managed to get through this, thank you!. I just needed to vent my frustrations somewhere. Arrrrrrrrrrghh!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #2  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

Can't be that bad! I had 1300 calories in one sitting (not knowing it) and I still lost 4 pounds in 12 days... Just get on that scale and learn from your mistakes... That's what I'm doing.

I think you'll be fine.

Plus! If you eat right all the time your bound to fall off the wagon. Just take one day out of the week to on purpose eat something you wouldn't normally on your "diet"... I think... Right?

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 11-18-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Arthwen1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #3  
Workin' It

Not 20-something, but I have read a lot of your posts, and you have given me some great responses to a lot of mine, so wanted to respond to this one.

First, way to go on the 6 pounds, and all of your success so far! You have made great progress!

Don't beat yourself up - you have been on plan for a long time, and an occasional slip isn't going to be the end of the road for you, as long as you pull it back under control now. Though, I don't think not eating anything else today is the way to do that. If I did that, I would just find myself starving to death right before bed and would end up making another over the top food decision that I would then be beating myself up for tomorrow morning.

There isn't anything wrong with you, you aren't trying to sabotage yourself, you just found yourself in some unique situations and made some choices that might not be the most consistent with your goals. Take this week and what could be a rough weigh-in, dust yourself off and get back in the game. You are human! We all are!

Good luck sweetie.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #4  

Thank you for the replies, ladies. Sometimes it's all I need to get back on track. I don't have any other support systems.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

i fell off today too i had like 3 huge cookies!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #6  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Well, you know where you are screwing up, you need to come up with a plan to get back on track. May I suggest avoiding late nights? Since it seems to be an issue with your eating. If you're sleeping you can't binge, right? Just MHO and know you can get it back together, look how far you've come girl. You've come to far to take orders from restaurant food!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Well, you know where you are screwing up, you need to come up with a plan to get back on track. May I suggest avoiding late nights? Since it seems to be an issue with your eating. If you're sleeping you can't binge, right? Just MHO and know you can get it back together, look how far you've come girl. You've come to far to take orders from restaurant food!

I know, IT IS the late nights that are screwing me. But, this particular group of friends are night people. And at the moment I'm only working from home. So I'm bored...BORED!.
I don't want to give up my social life because I'm dieting, but I also don't want to gain all my weight back. I'm in a pickle!.
I think I'm going to have to bring my own snacks... like a granola bar or something, if I know I'm going to be out late.

Last edited by luvja; 11-18-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #8  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Social situations are always sticky for the dieter. I always plan for late nights out with my friends by not eating very much all day long. while this isnt' the best thing, it helps me stay within my calorie range. Although some of my friends are less of late night eaters as they are weekend binge drinkers...
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #9  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I understand...I gave up my social life for like two months this year to get on track. For example, when I went out with my friends on Saturday, while we're eating at one restaurant, they were already planning on where we would eat once we caught our next wind. They plan to eat while their eating. It's crazy. I'm still trying to find a balance but it's hard. Knowing where you're going wrong is half the battle. I think bringing your own snacks is a great idea.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #10  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

It doesn't sound like the best of weekends . But we are all only human... I think most of us wouldn't have made the best of choices in those situations. You didn't do it that bad! I have read a lot of your posts and to me you come across as a person who is... well... quite sensible towards dieting. Meaning that you tend to look at the bigger picture and not at the individual slip up or scale quirk. Go on doing that and you'll be all right. And you have until thursday to repair the damage done during the weekend. Good luck
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #11  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I give myself one completley free day every week...I think it is good for weight loss so your body doesn't get too comfortable with one range of calories. It has definitely helped me not only control myself during the other 6 days, but lose weight as well. It helps jumpstart your metabolism
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #12  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Every now and then I think you have to fall off the wagon. I think it's unrealistic to expect ourselves to stay on plan each and every day of our lives. A big puff of for you! Dwelling on it isn't going to do any good. You lost 6 lbs last week! Thats amazing! Focus on the positive!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 PM   #13  
Carelessy Creative

S/C/G: 211.5/164.3/145

Height: 5'4"

We've all been there. Last week was my bad week. I ate so much white rice and white bread plus for three days I didn't even get close to my calorie limit, I ate so little. UGH. I didn't lose any weight last week but I didn't gain any either. I try not to beat myself up over it because I know that tomorrow's another day and I can always get back on track.
shaunabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

We have allll been there!!! (And more times than I like to remember!) It is extremely extremely hard to get back on track after a slip. I don't know what it is but I have similar problems. You do have a few days to make up for thur and I bet you thur won't be as bad as you think!!! Good luck!!!!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #15  
Progress, not perfection!

S/C/G: 132/118/110

Height: 5'0

DO we have to be 20-somethings to post here? Cause I'm old. lol.

Well, I have nothing of a social life, as I have no "real-life" friends that live near me, but I am a night owl and that tends to mess with me. If you're awake, you get hungry. If you're sleeping, you sleep those hungry hours away and wake up with permission to eat a hearty (healthy!) breakfast. My goal (along with losing weight) is to get more sleep, which not only will allow me to unconsciously pass through the cravings, but also it really does help to lose weight. The less sleep you get, the higher the chances are of maintaining pounds.

I don't think you should give up your social life, you're lucky to have one! But it's good you're seeing the red flags so that you can make a plan for what you can do next time.

And yes, we all eff up once in a while. What's past is past.
offmyfranny is offline   Reply With Quote