Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #178

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #178

Mima
11-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Post here

kaplods
11-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Good Morning everyone!

My husband just left to take a friend without a car to work. My head feels like it's going to explode. I'd be in bed, except I think being upright takes a little of the pressure off my head and will maybe allow the sinuses to drain.

It's only 14 degrees outside, and the thermostat says 75 in here, but I don't trust it. (Why do you think the temperature OUTSIDE always affects me so badly regardless of the temperature inside - how do my bones know it's 14 degrees outside?)

I think my husband is "catching" fibro. He has his own pain issues - a bad shoulder injury, osteo arthritis, ad a degenerative bone and joint condition put him on disability about a year after me. If he continues to follow in his mother's footsteps (he inherited the bone and joint disease from her), he's in store for multiple joint replacements before he's 60 (his mom has had 3 hip replacements, a wrist replacement, and both her knees need to be replaced - she's in her early 60's and looks at least decade younger. Just another one of us who "doesn't look sick.")

Anyway, the reason I say my husband is catching fibro, is although he's always had pain issues, season and weather change never bothered him any more or less than any other time, but a lot of the things that bother my fibro are now bothering him. I've been weather-sensitive (with my sinuses at least) all of my life, and I'm not sure if it's barometric pressure changes or temperature and humidity changes, but hubby says I'm more accurate than the weatherman when it comes to predicting a storm 24 hours in advance. Now hubby has become just as accurate a weather predictor, and on my weather flare days - he's flaring too (You can imagine how pleasant two people in severe pain and fatigue are, especially with no one able-bodies person to help out).

Sorry, I'm starting to moan and ramble. My point in posting here was to ask if everyone else is this weather-sensitive and if you've found anything that helps you get through weather change and winter itself. Generally, once it gets cold and stays cold, I feel a little better, but winter is generally **** for me.

Hubby (since he now understands what winter and weather changes are like for me) and I have been talking about selling all of our stuff and moving into an RV full time to follow our comfort zone, or ride around and experiment until we find a place we're semi-comfortable all year. Any snowbirds or RV full-timers out there, what special challenges does the fibro have? Are we nuts? (Well, the general answer to that is an obvious yes, but I mean specifically about the RVing).

This fall/winter has been so horrible, I'm ready to leave today (not happening, but I'm getting desperate. I used to enjoy winter and now I'm dreading for the first snow to stick - we've already had several days of snow, but no accumulation on the ground yet).

Kate53
11-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes, kaplods...my FM is very weather sensitive. I am fortunate to live in Florida right now but even when we have a cold spell, such as we are right now, I get achy all over...especially the outside area of my hips, shoulders and neck area and ankles. The only thing that helps me is to maintain pain management (Tramadol and Advil) on a regular schedule, stretching, and keeping the areas warm with a wrap up in my down comforter at night. Not a fun situation but I won't let it get the best of me. I should make a visit to my chiropractor but hate to spend the money for short term relief. Good luck...Kate

kaplods
11-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Kate, I don't know where I'd be without my tramadol. I'm at the maximum dosage of eight 50mg tablets a day. In the summer, I can get away with 5 or 6, and occasionally 4. I can't take any NSAIDs, so I take tylenol and fish oil capsules (I started taking the fish oil when I found out I couldn't take NSAIDS because they were causing asthma symptoms - going from prescription relafen. Fish oil has some anti-inflamatory properties, so I figured it couldn't hurt. It's helped alot, but it took time to get used to being off an NSAID).

My husband and I are sharing an electric throw. I go to bed earlier than he does, so I get the blanket until he comes to bed, and by that time my comforter is warmed enough, I'm pretty comfortable. Still, tomorrow is payday so we're going to buy me my own electric blanket. His legs and hips bother him, so the throw is large enough for him, but since my whole body hurts, the full electric blanket will be an improvement.

I try to stay active, but in the winter it's a lot harder. The warm water therapy pool is great, but finding the motivation to go swimming in the winter is a challenge. Being in the pool is wonderful, but getting out, getting dressed and going back out into the cold to go home is daunting. If I ever won the lottery (not going to happen, since we don't play, but maybe once a year), I definitely would get a heated infinity pool - and live in it.

If I can keep myself at a comfortable temperature, I can stay pretty comfortable. But the difference between comfortable and too hot or too cold is so small, finding that comfort zone is a challenge. If my bed gets to warm, I have to get out and let it cool down. I feel like Goldilocks, except trying to find "just right," isn't a matter of only three attempts.

Did you see the movie Twister? I told my husband that if we could use the RV to follow my comfort zone - we'd probably have to become weather experts, and instead of storm chasers we'd become storm evaders. I can just see us with all of the sophisticated equiptment the stormchasers in the movie had - "stormfronts moving in, no time to waste, we've gotta go."

Sleep deprivation, weather changes, and refined carbs are my three biggest flare triggers, in approximately that order. Diet is the easiest (at least in theory) to control, sleep I can control somewhat, but weather is the only flare trigger that's completely out of my control. Sometimes I feel if I could control that, I'd be able to get the fibro into remission, or at least under control to where I could go back to work (of course finding a job that allows me to travel to good weather might be a challenge - maybe I could become a travel writer).

Happy Canuk
11-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Good morning Kate and Kaplods. RVing sounds like fun, but I don't know if I would like to live in one 24/7. My brother and his wife did that for a few years, leaving Alberta (Western Canada) to go to Arizona for 6 months of the year. Now, they have bought a condo at home, and have a modular home in Yuma, and they spend 6 months still in each place. Following the weather could be quite a journey, as it seems there is NO perfect place.

I am very weather challenged as well. Every since I had back surgery, 30 years ago, I can tell when the weather is changing. Both OA and FM do that for me. OA causes my joints to hurt terribly and my lower back and FM causes my body to feel like it is encased in cement and it just does NOT want to move. Also, of course, all the aches and pains that come with both. I usually do wonderfully well in the winter, as here in Alberta, it is cold and dry. However, we are still in the transition, and today my hands feet and arms are very achy, and my lower back is killing me. It is foggy out, so there is moisture in the air and that = pain. I don't mind 20-30 below zero, because the pain levels stay low, and of course, being raised here, I do like winter.

Mima - glad your feeling better and getting back into doing the things you enjoy. Also, happy you found the clothes you were looking for. That could be a real challenge.

Joanne - I hope you get to go to your daughters for Thanksgiving. I have never NOT seen my kids even for 1 month - hmm, I think they or us, are spoiled :lol:

I have never had a colonoscopy. They don't normally do them here unless they suspect something is wrong. We are stuck with doing the Occult Blood test instead. That's the one with the little card, and you have to diet for 7 days, and then give a stool sample for the next 3 days. It is a smelly card, to say the least. I guess I did have one 30 years ago, but it turned out to be an diagnosis of IBS.

Hi Candice - hope your feeling much better now.

Meme - where are you? Hope you are also doing better.

I have a slight sinus headache going on here today. I hope it doesn't escalate. I hate allergies!

Everybody have a great day.

Joanne D
11-18-2008, 02:25 PM
R.V. living would not be a place for me.. I need my space. My brother and daughter have one. He travels more than she does. He is retired (army)and she is a teacher. She can only go in the summer or weekends.We need our own bed and living space.
I ache more as the weather changes..
Joanne

Kate53
11-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh big time, Anne, on the non-movement and cement body cast! The cold weather makes my body feel like it is frozen...kind of like your hands and face feel after walking when they are cold. The body just doesn't want to function! The warmth is a definite plus where I live but the downside is the concrete floors. No "give" here in Florida...everything is concrete, no cushioning, and it wrecks havoc on the joints. You have to be mindful of wearing good shoes all the time or suffer the consequences.
Kaplods...when I was first diagnosed with FM back in 1980's, they thought it was directly related to my sleep disturbances. Not only do I have sleep apnea (which I now sleep with a CPAP machine at night) I also owned and operated a specialty bake shop and was up every morning at 3 am to "make the donuts" so to speak. The doctor thought perhaps I was interupting a crucial part of my sleep rhythm and that was a key factor in my FM. I compensated for this for 5 years by having massages 1X a week and being faithful to osteopathic manipulations. I did really well for a number of years but since moving to Florida 5 years ago from a New England coastal town, it came back with a vengence. I had hoped that selling my business in New England after 25 years of 3 am baking and being on my feet 15 hours a day would alleviate the problem...nope....worse than ever and now I take the meds to keep me sane. I wish I could say that the South Beach Diet has helped with some of the symptoms by eliminating the refined stuff from my diet, but alas, not so. These past few days of cold weather here (40's) have been brutal and we have one more night of real cold in the forcast. Hopefully after that, things will warm up and I can find some relief. I also take fish oil caps, 4000 mg a day, to not only help the FM but to stabalize my cholesterol. This dieting is hard work, yes??? I hope we all get to that "comfort zone" soon. Off to wrap up in the comforter, folks! Have a great evening everyone!
Kate

Kate53
11-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Joanne, I missed your post....good luck tomorrow with the colonoscopy. My husband says it's a piece of cake!!! And he's a big baby with that stuff so be assured he's telling it straight. I wish I could just make the appointment and get it over with but being the wimp that I am with doctors and tests.....next spring.....next spring......next spring.

kaplods
11-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I really wonder whether the fibro for me is a result of years of accumulated bad habits, especially regarding sleep. I always worked more than one job, years of swing and double shifts.... While there are signs that I might have even had fibro as a kid, the burning the candle at both ends in my 20's and 30's, probably did the most damage, and ended me here on disability.

One thing I found interesting is the research on fibromyalgia and alpha EEG anomaly. Basically, this means that deep sleep is interupted with brain waves that are associated with being awake (and yet sometimes the person seems to still be asleep). All of my life, from earliest childhood, I've been able to control my dreams to a certain extent (what they call lucid dreaming - knowing you're dreaming and controlling the dream while you're in it). I didn't know what it was until I learned the term in college - but even dreams that should have been nightmares didn't seem scary to me as a kid because I would "redo" the ending. I also had one experience with sleep paralysis (where you continue to dream as you're awake and usually feel someone is in the room with you - this is a possible explanation for many alien abduction experiences - or visits by dead relatives or demons).

My husband suggested that this might mean that I have ALWAYS had the alpha EEG anomaly. I'll have to ask my neurologist, because his specialty is sleep disorders. His theory that many, if not most cases of fibromyalgia are primarily a sleep disorder. He said in studies of sleep deprivation, sleep deprivation causes fibro symptoms in normal folks. Sleep dep studies aren't done very much with people, because in animal experiments, sleep deprivation causes immunity and autoimmunity problems and ultimately death (I have immune and autoimmune issues - so I find this pretty scary - if we can't "fix" my sleep issues, could it cause my death? I also had apnea, but since it was resolved most of my immune issues seem to be resolving).

I find fibro fascinating, although since it's happening to me it's not as much fun as if I were studying a disease that happened to somebody else (ideally no one I knew).

Mima
11-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi-What is Tramadol? I have an appt with rheumo in a month-neeed some meds. My back hurts so much.
I just love living in FL in the winter-I do think my pain would be worse in MA.
And the pool and hot tub is next door.
Prep day for colonoscopy-had dreams about it for the last 2 nights. Nightmares.
Foot is getting better.
Anne-did you add the sticky? I didn't know how to do that.
Hi to all. Mima

Kate53
11-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Good morning all....and Mima, Tramadol is a codeine based analgesic that is less habit forming than some of the other heavy duty pain meds. Sometimes it is dispensed with acetominephen (Tylenol) added to it and called Ultram. I take mine with a side order of ibuprofen (Advil) because Tylenol doesn't work for me. While it doesn't knock out the discomfort totally for me, it does offer some relief when I take it with advil. I was given Gabapentin (Neurontin) in the beginning which is an anticonvulsive but is also used to treat certain types of nerve pain. It has the same components as Lyrica but has not been approved by the FDA for use in treating FM. I didn't like that medication at all....I became very agitated on it so my option was the tramadol. I'm not sure if rhematologists use this in their treatment protocol...I would be interested to know what yours says about it when you go, okay? Just for comparison Kaplods, how many "trigger" spots did they find with your diagnosis of FM? They found way too many on me...probably even some new ones for the books! On another note, the temps went down to low 40's here last night with a wind chill of 38. Enough is enough, thank you....it's time for some balmy breezes and sunshine!! Hope everyone is having a good week so far, especially Joanne who is, at this moment , probably in la-la land with her colonoscopy. Will check back later.
Kate (p.s. The big white dog avatar is my Great Pyrenees "Queenie". What a character she is.....rescued her 3 years ago.)

Kate53
11-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Am I getting these colonoscopy posters mixed up?? I keep thinking today is Thursday and it's only Wednesday so it is Mima I should be offering good wishes to for tomorrow!! Sorry Joanne, do forgive my confusion and Mima... Good luck tomorrow!!

Joanne D
11-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Hello Everybody- Today is prep day. Tomorrow is "D" day..
Chilly here today. Hubby complaining about heat running.. He sees dollar signs..
Joanne

kaplods
11-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi everybody. For me, today is a low pain day, and a high fatigue day (just can't wake up, so hard to think straight). As much as it's great to not hurt much, I much prefer the pain to the cognitive stuff - pain I can "suffer" through, but I feel so non-human when I can't stay awake and can't think. It just seems like my life is slipping through my fingers on these days.

Kate - I've had several doctors diagnose or suspect the fibro at different times and usually score on 16 or more of the trigger points. I clearly remember one appointment. It was a cold and rainy day, and I had gotten three late night and early am calls for work (I was working a job with 24/7 on call responsibilities), so I hadn't slept much at all the night before - and everywhere the doctor touched (even the skin itself) hurt like mad. She said that I had severe reactions to ALL 18 trigger points (she was pretty rough, though). She did mention that she considers the lower back (the small of the back) another set of trigger points - and that I had a reaction there also.

The hip trigger points are not always sensitive, and I would say give me the least amount of trouble. The neck and upper back are almost always sensitive but to varying degrees, and the knee and elbows are usually the worst. I don't know that my elbow joint has ever been pain-free in the last ten years. I don't remember the doctors ever handling those joints without intense pain (some doctors really squeeze so hard the joints will burn the rest of the day). I do notice that some doctors try to be really careful and press slowly and carefully just enough to know when you feel the ache and others want to see you jump - I guess to make sure it's a real pain response - I hate those guys, because I end us the rest of the day feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.

Have you ever had the whole skin hurt - sort of like it sometimes does when you have a really terrible flu or are starting to heal from a sunburn? When I'm hurting, it often helps if my husband will rub my back as a distraction (it's not really a rub, because he has to run the fingers ever so lightly over my back with no pressure at all, his fingers barely touche my back at all, it's more like running a feather over my back), but more and more, I can't let him even do that, because the skin hurts too much. It really seems to scare him - I think because it makes him think of me as so fragile I'm going to break.

The rheumatologist that spoke at our local fibro support group, said that she doesn't believe in using trigger points as a diagnostic criterion, because the people who developed the trigger points were doing so not as a diagnostic criterion, but to decide who to allow into the research studies. In other words, they knew that if the person had 11 of the 18 trigger points it was unlikely that they didn't have fibro. People with fewer than 11 could have fibro, but they wanted to err on the side of including only people who would be the best examples of a moderate to severe case of fibro. She says she's met people with fibro who normally had few of the normal trigger points, but had only the "sun burn" skin feeling or the sore, overworked muscle feeling.

I wonder whether these are subcategories of fibro, or different manifestations.

The thing is some of the fibro symptoms, I seem to have had since childhood. I was diagnosed with nonspecific colitis in high school (which would today be called IBS), and had very severe monthly menstrual cramps from the very start at age 10. Also from the age of 10 or 11, when my grandmother would hold my arm for support (she was shorter than I) I would experience severe sciatica (although at the time, I didn't know what that was - all I knew was that I hated having my grandmother hold onto me when she walked, because it hurt and my mom didn't believe that it hurt, she thought I was just embarassed).

JulieJ08
11-19-2008, 04:02 PM
The rheumatologist that spoke at our local fibro support group, said that she doesn't believe in using trigger points as a diagnostic criterion, because the people who developed the trigger points were doing so not as a diagnostic criterion, but to decide who to allow into the research studies. In other words, they knew that if the person had 11 of the 18 trigger points it was unlikely that they didn't have fibro. People with fewer than 11 could have fibro, but they wanted to err on the side of including only people who would be the best examples of a moderate to severe case of fibro. She says she's met people with fibro who normally had few of the normal trigger points, but had only the "sun burn" skin feeling or the sore, overworked muscle feeling.

The diagnostic criteria for a lot of illness are exactly like that. They are taken from the inclusion / exclusion criteria of studies. This is particularly true for illnesses with diagnoses that are otherwise rather subjective or inconsistent across different physicians and regions. It's quite a valid caution. But there's often not much else to use. And they do provide some place to start from. The bigger problem with any guideline, regardless of how it's derived, is that the physician still has to be able to approach each patient individually. Guidelines can't cover every situation. In particular, they can't cover all the endless combinations of comorbidities and medications that real life patients have. Sometimes it's the physician who isn't making that effort to individualize. Sometimes it's outside pressure to conform to accepted guidelines (from insurance companies re: payment of patient bill and compensation to the physician; and fear of being considered substandard in a lawsuit).

Kate53
11-19-2008, 04:42 PM
A quick check in before feeding hubby so he can scoot off to work for the night! Uhgggg! Kaplods, I was diagnosed with IBS 40 years ago by my quaint little seaside community doctor. He was surely ahead of his time as I was just 15 years old. I have had IBS all my life along with another now-known-symptom...Bruxism. I grind my teeth like there is no tomorrow. I usually have to wear a special night guard to keep my teeth from getting loose. crazy, huh? I have included a fiber regimen at night for my IBS for as long as I can remember and surprisingly, being on the SB plan has helped enormously. I am almost "normal" following this diet. Works for me!!
Hi Julie, I agree that the diagnostic criteria was developed to protect more the medical profession rather than help the patients. It is unfortunate that we can not find doctors in all geographical areas who specialize in these criteria-type illnesses. Too many unknowns about this condition to get involved with it. I signed up at the NFA website and searched for someone in my area for FM and not one doctor to be found. Most of the primary care physicians in my area are not up to date on the treatments or current study information. The pain management specialist I went to gave me the most bang for my buck education wise but still could only offer help in the way of medication. We are our own best advocates and need to educate ourselves.

kaplods
11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
My doctor probably was behind the times (or just used the diagnosis he was most familiar with rather than the "new" term of IBS), because I was also 15 or 16, but it was in the early 80's.

Crazy though - I've also got severe bruxism. I've apparently always ground my teeth at night, because my mom would complain about hearing it from their bedroom down the hall. It wasn't until I was in my mid twenties that I got a mouth guard though, (I didn't know it was going to cost me almost $250 AFTER insurance paid their share). I really need a new one, because I ground throgh the plastic on one side, but I don't have dental insurance - has anyone had experience with the OTC mouth guards - it was hard enough getting used to the one that was custom-made for my mouth, I'm hesitant to pick up the one size fits all models.

A South Beach style of eating really helps my IBS and fibro too. I need added portion control so I try to choose SB friendly foods, but use an exchange plan to control portions and calories.

It is weird that their are so many "associated" odd health problems with the fibro.

JulieJ08
11-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi Julie, I agree that the diagnostic criteria was developed to protect more the medical profession rather than help the patients.

I don't think I would actually agree with that. In the specific case mentioned, the criteria were developed for the purposes of conducting medical studies, and then adapted or adopted for use in the clinical (office) setting.

Most guidelines are developed not to protect physicians, but to ensure a certain minimum level and quality of care for the patient.

I think the guidelines may get used inappropriately if a care provider is either lazy or practicing defensively, but that's after the fact. The guidelines weren't developed for defensive reasons.

Guidelines can actually work against protecting physicians, and be part of the reason that physicians fail to individualize management options. It's very easy, simple and direct for a lawyer to belabor the point that a physician didn't follow a well-accepted guideline. It's much more difficult to get a jury to understand the complicated and subtle reasons why a patient needed to be managed outside of the guideline.

Tammy
11-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Ok. I'm back. Sorry I've been missing again. I just find myself so busy, and I just don't take the time to get on here and read your posts and post myself. I went away last weekend, so that's my excuse for then. lol

Big changes. Tim is moving home 2nd semester. He's still planning to take classes 2 or 3 days a week by commuting. He said he's just feeling overwhelmed with things, and he was ready to quit school. We reached a compromise, and he is still going to take classes. He admitted that Bob's death is affecting him more than he let on. He didn't want to worry me.

I'm still busy with classes at the Y, so I am staying active. Also doing so much reading, and I'm enjoying just hanging out with the puppy and cuddling up with a book.

Joanne, my BIL called last night and was telling me about the chilly temperatures. It was below 20 here yesterday morning, and I know that I am not ready for this!!

Mima, last Feb. when Bob and I were in southern GA and then FL, I didn't have any pains. It totally amazed me. We planned to spend more time down there this winter, but you know the rest.

Anne, the dry cold has to be easier to handle than when there is moisture in the air. I keep thinking that I'm cold, and then I think about where you live, and I'm sure you are colder.

Kate, I was reading about your bakery, and I was sitting here drooling! Oh my!!

Julie, I am so proud of you weight loss! 50# since April is fantastic!! Any advice??

Kaplods, friends of mine have talked about living in an RV full time. They haven't made the jump yet, but it won't surprise me if they do. Before I was diagnosed with fibro, I was online researching anything I could find about so many different things. I haven't done much in the past few years.

Kate53
11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Goodmorning all...another cool but sunny day in Florida. Feeling fairly energetic this morning and not aching too badly ...must be the dry air?? I'll just enjoy the moment! Any good recipe forums or websites out there I should know about? Getting bored with the same old and hubby is getting tired of chicken...:)

And Julie, I understand now what you are saying about the criteria being used to as guidelines for the clinical setting. I guess I should have directed my comments to reflect on those lazy and defensive practitioners who do not utilize these guidelines beneficially. Unfortunately, and I know this may sound unfair, I think most physicians do practice defensive medicine today. Perhaps this is one reason they want to have every test imaginable done so they can cover their butts! Good for patient diagnosis but bad for the health insurance companies. Ultimately the cost trickles down to us, the subscribers. What a scenario..... don't even want to go there.

Hi Tammy, yes, I spent many years bent over a pastry bench. I specialized in pies...savory and dessert along with a large assortment of baked goodies. I've always loved cooking and am finding it challenging to change the way I look at and prepare food. I've always done the "old fashioned like Grandma" kind of cooking with lots of meat, butter and potatoes but now trying to revamp my lifestyle to a low carb, healthy way of eating. I'm looking for some new ground beef casserole recipes to satisfy my husband's red meat needs.

Hope everyone has a great day! Regards to Mima and Joanne....hope the big event goes smoothly.

JulieJ08
11-20-2008, 11:12 AM
And Julie, I understand now what you are saying about the criteria being used to as guidelines for the clinical setting. I guess I should have directed my comments to reflect on those lazy and defensive practitioners who do not utilize these guidelines beneficially. Unfortunately, and I know this may sound unfair, I think most physicians do practice defensive medicine today. Perhaps this is one reason they want to have every test imaginable done so they can cover their butts! Good for patient diagnosis but bad for the health insurance companies. Ultimately the cost trickles down to us, the subscribers. What a scenario..... don't even want to go there.

I think there is a lot of defensive medicine, and in the U.S., it's no wonder why ;). That's really sad. Maybe it will change ;).

More and more diagnostic tests are not truly to the patient's benefit. Because all tests have false positives. That's unavoidable. For many tests that are based on a range of normal values (for example, potassium or sodium levels), the normal range is often defined as that which will cover 95% of undiseased people. So, by definition, about 5% of normal people will be labelled abnormal by the test. Those false positives can mean a lot of mental anguish, for one thing, and certainly additional costs (a big deal in our society), but also generally mean further testing. Those further tests often involve risk (reaction to dyes, exposure to radiation, injury from invasive tests, and so on).

You're right that the cost of all that is bad for insurance companies. I'm no fan of medical insurance companies in general, but they have done a lot to make physicians more carefully choose and justify their diagnostic and treatment options. That also swings both ways - when you're pushed out of the hospital as soon as possible, before you feel ready - that is because of insurance companies, not your doctor. They hire people (generally nurses) to go around and look at charts and tell doctors they need to discharge people.

JulieJ08
11-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Julie, I am so proud of you weight loss! 50# since April is fantastic!! Any advice??

Be ready, and *know* that this isn't another *try*, this is just the rest of your life. The other stuff is *done.* Not that I was perfect from that moment on, but it was pretty much one of the "click" things. And it's so much more pleasant to base your choices on health, instead of on being disgusted with your body or willpower.

Eat healthy :). I have lots of produce, almost only whole grains, little sugar. I use oil, nuts, avocado, full fat cheeses. Exercise (I do yoga, and have been running a few months now). Don't restrict too much or be harsh with yourself, it has to be maintainable. Good sleep, very important! Plan, and have backup plans. Individualize for you! Always keep going.

Learn new, "normal" portion sizes ;), really, you totally adjust to this and it isn't hard anymore That is really a pleasure.. Hunger and satiety are great cues once you start paying attention to them. It's harder than it sounds, and I'm still working on it.

I started out calorie counting, but stopped (not really intentionally) at the beginning of September, and I am very happy with that. Much more pleasant. But I'm glad I did it for a while, it taught me a lot.

The rate of loss has slowed way down. Which is OK. I'm at a good weight now, so I'm not as impatient, and I feel better about my metabolism if I lose slower at this point.

I am still learning new things and adjusting and tweaking all the time :). As I approach a final weight, I'm have plans to really put all this in writing, to really lay out for myself what works and why. I think that's important for maintenance.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread!

Candicej
11-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Sleep, weather, stress, (mental or physical), and food (things I ingest)...all affect me and I wear a night dental splint.

I do not get involed in the "political" aspects of FM..too complicated for my brain fogged mind. I just have learned over the years that we can say "no" to the docs for any meds or tests we do not want to take. My whole forties I was over tested and over medicated....just decided on my own to take charge of "me". I do not like docs and do not like meds or tests....but sometimes they are necessary.

They do not teach alot on FM in med shcool..they skim over it, most docs do not want to take the time to learn and there are still some who do not believes it exits.....and some just think we are hypochondriacts...go figure...if they could only live in our bodies:)

The PT(on foot) is time consuming and I am getting behind on unpacking and holiday stuff. Can't really decorate untill the workers are gone and no furniture to put anything on! Everyone seems to think we are all moved in and living normally...that won't be the case for a very long time...so no entertaining here!

Got some good buys at Kohl's and Penny's for my boys so that is done but have to get my familys stuff sorted and wrapped and mailed before to long. I do not think we will be going there this holiday so gotta mail everything..but I Have to find it all!LOL

Today is our 32 anniversay...............

kaplods
11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I've had some excellent doctors and some horrible doctors, and unfortunately it isn't always easy to tell the difference at the first or fortieth appointment. I have to say that the fibro and the autoimmune disorder, at least taught me to be a much better informed consumer of medical services. Some doctors do not like well-informed patients, but I avoid those doctors. I won't say all of them are bad doctors, but they're bad for me. I've been very lucky here in WI, because I have a group of doctors, and each understands fibro very well, or are willing to allow me to educate them. If you can find a doctor willing to learn from a patient - do not let that doctor go - that's a priceless quality in a doctor.

Tammy - I definitely can relate to interests shrinking. It seems like my very world has been shrinking since the fibro started interfering with not just comfort, but functionality. I have no doubt that I had fibro a full ten years before I was diagnosed, but because I kept "pushing through" the pain and other symptoms, I ended up in a downward spiral that was difficult to stop.

I am afraid that life on the road could be more difficult than life in a house, which is why we're going to buy something very affordable and our alternative plan (if full-timing turns out not to be feasible) is to use the RV to find the best place for us to settle: evaluating the climate, the state's medical services, the quality of doctors and services... We're not going to be doing any boondocking, because of our physical limitations, so we're probably going to be going from RV park to RV park. Our RV is going to have to be modified in some ways, and we're going to have to pay for services most RVers do themselves, but I've been reading alot on disabled RVing, so I think it at least has the possibility of being a workable solution.

Mima
11-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Wow-nie to have so much chat.
That was my 3rd colonoscopy in 5 years-same old diagnosis-lots of diverticulosis and now some internal hemerhoids. But no polyps-hope you do ok Joanne.
I am 70 and came down with fibro in my 40's but had symptoms way before that. For 2 years, I was extremely crippled. And I was working full time with 3 kids-what a nightmare.Now my stomache is more of the problem-IBS-and my back-spinal stenosis. They told me I was taking too much tylenol so I will cut down. Hoping the rheumo can help me. I sure do miss the antiinflammatory.
Wow for making your house look nice for Christmas, Candice.
Tammy, are you still going to GA? I am sure Tim is very sad too-when my husband-their stepfather died-it was such a bad time for them.
It's so good to be home-I took a nap and sat in the sun. Mima

Kate53
11-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh Mima, I feel for you on the 'rroids!! External for me, sweetie!! I am glad you are all set though for another 5?? And hopefully your IBS will calm down enough for you to enjoy the holidays. I am so fortunate to have found the foods I need to avoid and that the SB diet is working so well for me in that regard. My pain management doctor specializes in spinal stenosis and though I have some low back areas that are getting very narrow, I have remained able to function well. My chiropractic adjustments help in that department...keeps things moving.

Candice has made my day as another doctor-phobic FM veteran. Like I said in my earlier post, you have to be your own healthcare advocate when it comes to FM. Most of us who have had this condition for so many years know when to say enough....need that breathing space form the pokes and prods, right? And happy anniversary, Candice. I just had 30 years on 9/11. Crappy anniversary date, huh?? We will obviously never forget, now will we?

I am surprised that so many people are preparing for the Christmas season so early! Even here (FL) people seem to be gearing up. I usually do a big decorate around the house starting the 4th of Dec to the classical "Nutcracker" CD. With the economy falling apart the way it is all over the country, I thought the Christmas spirit would be dead and buried....and I am happy to see it is not so, at least in this forum! Not spending money this year but will be baking my butt off...and hopefully not doing much in the way of "quality control!"

Julie, for some reason I feel you may be associated somehow with the healthcare field? Just a feeling :)...and kudos for doing so well with your lifestyle changes. I am convinced that "weight control" is as much about "portion control" as food choices. Portion control has always been my downfall. Even on the SB plan I have to be very careful with these "good carb" portions. You have encouraged me to look forward to eventually controlling this issue. Right now, my exercise routine consists of walking a few miles daily with the "Queen" and I have recently started back on my elliptical. Wiil take a week or so to build up my time on that again.

Off to do my kitchen duties. Enjoying these chats with all of you! Hope everyone has a great evening....Kate

Candicej
11-21-2008, 05:01 AM
I just like to to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I have been counting pts for WW since I turned 50......and it is a weigh of life now but I pretty much eat anything and sometimes too much:D

Very tired not much sleep and off to PT again...MIma did you get the shot in your heal???????? HOw painful was it??????? OUch! Glad your butt is ok too!LOL

Mima
11-21-2008, 06:42 AM
The shot was painful but very beneficial. I am going to research to find out best IBS diet-my problem is that I can't eat so many foods-wheat, milk, raw veggies and fruit-I laughed at the sheet doc gave me for diverticulosis. I will look at the South beach diet .
Hope you are ok Joanne. I was so happy to get up and have a nice cup of coffee today. Eventually i will go back to bed-we have this wacky routine of getting up early and laying down again.
There is a nice Nativity scene at Walmart with lights-I want it to go on sale. It probably will.
I think Christmas will get our minds off of what's going on. We are so fortunate that our 4 kids have not been affected so far-except that their 401 K's are way down -but they are young. Mike says that even his baseball card and computer business are ok. And we have Social Security and my pension.
Bye for now-Mima

Kate53
11-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Good morning to the other early risers! (Candice and Mima) I'm killing a little time before I walk her royal highness in 40 degree weather.....brrrr. At least that is cold for us Florida folks! FM is brutal this morning....even after taking the meds. Hope the walk loosens things up. Hubby got home at 5 am from work and is off to bed for a few hours. Stay warm folks. Will check back later.

Tammy
11-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Kate, I make the same things over and over. I rarely try new recipes, but maybe it's time that I start. In fact, I really haven't done much real cooking in ages.

Julie, I started doing Yoga at the Y a few weeks ago. It has really improved my flexibility and balance. I know I need to stick with it. I'm getting ready to leave for my aerobics class right now that meets 3 mornings a week. It sure was tempting to stay in bed. It's 23 degrees out there!

Candice, good for you on getting some good buys!! That always is a good feeling.

Kaplods, you'll have to keep us posted on the RVing!!

Mima, good news about the polyps! Tim and I leave for GA on Dec. 22. We'll head back north on Jan. 2 I think. We're taking Maurice with us, so that should be interesting!!!!

Hello to everyone else!!

kaplods
11-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks Tammy, I will. It's going to take months just to sort through our stuff to sell/donate/store in preparation. I bullied hubby to take me on errands with him yesterday (it was very cold and damp, the kind of weather I really should know better than to go out in, but I was bored stiff from having more bad days than good - and just needed to get out of the house). Of course, I ended up very irritable and unpleasant. Hubby's "I told you so," wasn't well received (though he did try to be nice about it).

I'm just so tired of the fibro symptoms keeping me from doing things. Sometimes I just get so mad about it, I force myself to do what I want to do, and consequences be damned. Yes, I ended up in bed with the electric blanket, but what's the alternative - hibernate until spring? (If I could find a way to do that, maybe I'd consider it - but staying in bed watching tv, just doesn't cut it).

Maybe it's just pure fantasy to think that seeking warm, dry (but not too hot) climates will dramatically improve my function, or at least my attitude, but part of me says if I'm going to have just as few good days in a warm climate - at least I'll be in a warm climate on those good days. Nothing is worse for me in the winter than having a good day and being afraid to go outside for fear it will turn into a bad day. Of course, the claustrophobia I feel during a flare in a two bedroom apartment isn't going to be any better in a 30 foot trailer, but I'm not sure it would be that much worse, either.

Kate53
11-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Well Kaplods, sounds like you need to head to the southwest when you start RVing. Great warmth and dry air there! Are you and your husband making this permanent housing on wheels or are you just spending a few months on the road? Sounds like you are emptying a house and not returning to it? Some friends from up north are here in Florida now with their 5th wheel(?). It's roomy inside with most of the amenities but they store it here after March and return to their home up north for the summer. They travel from Vero to Key West for the next 4 months staying at camp grounds near/on the water. They make reservations year to year so they have it all planned out. Not sure if that would appeal to me. I understand it is a life all in itself. Florida is way too humid for my liking but being from coastal New England, I'm used to it. The summers here can be trying though. Wish we could find the perfect climate somewhere that offered fabulous income potential and great neighborhoods! I know, dream on....
Tammy, I made a great dish last night (but not something my husband will eat). Mediterranean Cod fish. It's a SB recipe I modified and it came out great. It's an orange & olive accented tomato sauce over fish with sauteed onions, garlic and oregano. If anyone's interested I'll post the recipe. It calls for a firm fleshed fish such as haddock, cod, halibut. Having my husband work nights does allow me to indulge in my favorite foods without extra cooking. I'll serve him something he likes from the night before. I'm having guests for T-Giving so I'm working on a suitable SB menu for that. I will indulge in mashed potatoes (1/2 cup!!) that day but need to find a way to lighten up the gravy and sweet potato casserole.
Enjoy the day, folks. Need to get something accomplished around here. Kate

Happy Canuk
11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow, has this thread ever gotten busy. Great stuff.

I just have a few minutes as I am heading off to work and I still have to go make some oatmeal.

My pals, FM and OA, go with me everywhere. I rarely stay home for them. Even those days, when my body doesn't want to move, I make it go and do something. The fatigue, however, is a whole other issue. It does stop me in my tracks as I wouldn't even consider driving my care, and it is just too much effort to put one foot in front of the other. Over the years, the FM and the OA have gotten better. I have a wonderful chiropractor who does Upper Cervical Chiropratic and never does manual manipulations. That was when I started to get better. Actually for me, the OA had me disabled for 10 years, and at the start of that time, my pal FM arrived. It hit me in the sternum area and it was difficult to walk because I couldn't seem to get enough air.

Anyway, enough. I will pop back after I get home. Have a good day ladies.

Joanne D
11-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Hello Everybody - For the hubby who said that having a colonoscopy was a "piece of cake",I wish he had taken my place for the past 2 days.. I have had 4 of them and this was the worst..NIGHTMARE!!!!!I have a ulcer along with some other things.The golden years are RUSTY. They will check my gallbladder in a couple weeks..
I don't want to think of Christmas right now.. It will be a slim Christmas I feel sure..
Back later.. Joanne

Kate53
11-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Joanne, that was my hubby and I am so sorry you had a hard time with yours. Don't they knock you out with that "twighlight" anesthesia? My husband said he didn't know a thing after they knocked him out. Everyone I know who has had their colonoscopy (except me , of course) has said the same thing and that the worst part of the whole procedure was the fasting and the prep. I feel bad that you had a terrible time and hope your gallbladder test goes more smoothly. I may be taking that date off my spring calander now!;) I do hope you feel better soon.
Anne, what does your chiro use besides manual manipulations? I don't understand upper cervical chiropractic I know it is the neck and base of skull but does he use an activator or something? Would like to know about this method as my DC still does the old "snap, crackle and pop" thing....not as brutal as some I have gone to but still a manual adjustment. Time for the Queen to have her afternoon walk....hubby just got up and he has 2 days off so we need to get some "manly" chores around the house done. Have a great weekend all.

Happy Canuk
11-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Kate. I was disabled for 6 years before going to him, and after I started with him, I just got better and better. I am now able to work, casual 2-3 days a week, doing drug screens. I feel so much better when I can be busy. It took me 10 years before I was able to get going again, but I am now going :lol:

www.Nucca.0rg is the website, but it says it is currently under construction. This is done by exact measurement. I think, in the USA, the ATLAS treatment is much the same. We don't have anybody who does that, but I know of people who had that treatment and it helped their FM.

Joanne and Mima - glad that it is all over for you.

I am tired, as I just got home from work, and I needed to sit down for a few minutes. Time to start dinner.

kaplods
11-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Kate - We're looking to make it permanent, at least in the "until further notice," sense. We don't own, so that makes it easier. Converting a small
two bedroom apartment into a smaller one bedroom apartment on wheels isn't that large a stretch. We're looking to buy a recent model, but used, so it retains as much resale value as possible, so we'll be ready to move into permanent housing again whenever we feel like it. If this ends up being a six month, six year or thirty year adventure, we're prepard for it.

Mima
11-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Kaplod-you don't have to stay in the camper-the nice thing about FL and other places is the abundant sunshine and warmth.
I am glad you are over that-it's not the colnoscopy-you go into lala land and then it's over/ it's the prep. Yesterday my body thought it was still prepping and I had to take 3 Immodium so we could go out.
I think it helps to be involved with something. I went to Art class with my limpy foot and sat next to a lady who had her leg amputated. There were 3 other people with canes and Marlene has heart failure that they can't do anything about. It puts things into perspective. I believe God will give me another body after I die and I will eat lots of icecream with nuts on top. Don't want to get too preachy but I am not staying here forever.
Got great shopping done last night-Dick's Sporting Goods had 25 dollars off a 100 and I got really nice stuff for my grab name=my dil. She's into kickboxing and running so I got her $12 socks and an outfit etc. And she can return anything she doesn;t want.
Gotta go to walmart today. Going to get Evan Wii Music, And get the car serviced.
Bye for now Mima

Kate53
11-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Good morning all....and wish I could just bail into a motorhome myself and head off into the sunset. This economy is making me nuts and by the time I get to retirement age, there probably won't be anything left in the social security system to collect! Just had a "tune-up" with our finances and sure does bring on the reality check! If we could stand the cold weather again we'd consider Canada......always loved the wilderness part of it but not the 11 month winters:) Kaplods, I hope you enjoy whatever time you spend in your moving home and that you get to see some beautiful places in the U.S. Are you bringing a laptop and wireless connection??
Anne, I will check out that sight and hopefully get a better idea about this ATLAS thing...never heard of it.
Mima, I felt the same way when I worked for Hospice for awhile as a CNA. Definitely keeps you grounded when you are around people who have nothing to lose, so to speak. That was one of my favorite jobs though. I might even think about doing it again here in Florida. As for the new body....I am an "old soul" and I don't think I'll be coming back again unless something really exciting happens to make me want to go through yet another life......Off to do my T-Giving food shopping to get all the good sales. Enjoy the day folks. Kate

Joanne D
11-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Mima- You got that right. IT'S the prep. I too had to take immodium to get it stopped the day after..I am still not feeling good.. When I can't control my life ,I don't like it.
Kate I was a nurse for over 30 years when one day I said ENOUGH.. Although I retained all that I learned I wanted no more of it..Burn out.
Over the years I watched and helped so many die that I became numb to it.. That is not how life is supposed to be.. Now my G/daughter is a RN and I pray she doesn't get into a area where there is only the end.
Kaplods West Fl. is not as busy as East Fl. There are a lot of retirees over here..
Hello Happy, Meme, Candice.
Have a good weekend everybody
Joanne

Happy Canuk
11-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Good morning.

Kate - you make me laugh. I still have no snow here in Alberta. Wouldn't live anywhere else. Yes, we do have winter, but it is cold and usually clear, and no humidity. Actually, pain wise, winter is the best time of the year for me. I can go from Jan to April without having any chiro. treatments at all. Spring is a beautiful time here, and summers are super good with long days and nice warm weather. Fall is another spectacular time of year. I love the change of seasons. Hey, I am still wearing my summer jacket here.

I was in Florida last year in February, and it was darn well colder there than it was at home. One day of hot weather, our first day, and then it rained and was just plain miserable. I much preferred mid Florida to the Ft. Lauderdale area. As I have said before, I don't do well with humidity. I would probably do well in Arizona.

If you can get and Atlas treatment, you should give it a try.

Our economy here is changing as well, but I believe our banks are more stable. However, they also invested in some of the mortgages that the banis in the US had available. So they lost money and we ALL know that banks HATE to lose money, so you know who pays :lol:

Mima and Joanne - hope you are both doing well today.

kaplods
11-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I think finding all of the places that are just as nice as any of the popular tourist spots, but "off the beaten path" is going to be the most fun. Visiting popular spots "off season" is also going to be a treat, I think.

And Mima, you're so right of not having to stay in the RV. Our apartment is shrinking, but WOW the back yard, we're going to have.

Kate - Yes, we will be taking a laptop with wireless. So I'll definitely still be a 3FC regular. I've met some RV full-timers who sell their crafts on ebay and etsy, so that's something I'm looking into also. I've never made any money with my crafts, but I sell just enough to make crafting affordable. Full-timing, I'll either have to cut back on the crafting, or find ways to keep selling (I'll probably be doing some of both).

The hardest part is getting ready for the move. I can't go much past a "putter" in terms of getting stuff sorted. Luckily my husband's best friend lives in our apartment building. And in exchange for feeding him occasionally, he does most of our heavy lifting.

Mima
11-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Good morning. Well, Alison lost her job answering the phone and placing ticket orders. Her Spina Bifida affects her remembering things , so that may be the problem. Needless to say, she is upset. I also bought her 3 ourfits for work so I will return 2 of them-she doesn't need dressy clothes for college.
We are going to a play at her old school and Brad is watching Evan.
I feel fine now-think I reinjured my foot=ouch.
The economy will turn around-I lost half of my investments the last time it was slow but now it's in a fund that doesn't make much money but never goes down. And cd's. Can't believe how fortunate we are,
I got up too early-bye for now Mima

Kate53
11-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Well, it's Sunday again....and football graces the TV in the other room. Had a set back last night on the SB plan....went to dinner with neighbors to a local pub and I ate some pub fries. You know, they didn't taste all that great for some reason! But I'm sure that might account for only one pound lost this week. Need to focus on portions next week just to make sure I'm not over doing. Middle spine area is acting up today too. I checked out the ATLAS manipulation but like you Anne, I'm having trouble accessing the NUCCA website. I did check our phone directory to see if any of the chiros in my area offered upper cervical services but no luck. Once I can get into the website, I can do a search through NUCCA. I do appreciate the info you passed along and will be sure to follow it up. Thanks. Hope Joanne and Mima are feeling better today:) Will probably check back in later this evening after hubby leaves for work. Gorgeous here today...windy and sunny.

Joanne D
11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Hello Everybody- I think I will live!!I feel better today.. I see my primary Dr. on tuesday. Maybe he will give me more information.
I lost 6 lbs due to the prep. CRAP! I got it back. It was all fluid I know. It was good to see on the scale for a couple days though. Now if I can lose it for real.. That is about all I need to lose .
Sorry to hear Alison lost her job. She will find another one.
We are going to our daughters on Wednesday for Thanksgiving.. I am looking forward to seeing them..
We went to the church our son goes to last night. There was a Thanksgiving dinner there. We met some nice people there. I would like to go there if it was closer..
Joanne

Kate53
11-23-2008, 10:04 PM
I wanted to let Anne know that I have found a chiroprator about 28 miles north of me that does upper cervical adjustments but he was not listed through the NUCCA directory. I will be calling to see what his practice is all about. He also was not listed in my health insurance directory so that might be a concern as well. I will know more after I make the call. Having guests for Thanksgiving so I will be doing some early prepping and baking. Found a wonderful recipe for a pumpkin roll made with splenda, pumpkin, angel food cake mix, and fat free cream cheese. Hopefully the only issue I will have for the big feast day is staying away from the Polish stuffing my husband just has to have every time we have turkey. I'll make a small whole wheat stuffing with "funny butter" for my enjoyment. The chocolate decadent pie will be for the guests. Can't wait to see how I manage with the Christmas cookies!! I have so darn many to make that hopefully I will get sick of looking at them before I have a chance to want one.
FM is getting to my neck and upper back today so off to bed early tonight. Do enjoy your evening....bonne nuit chacun.

Candicej
11-24-2008, 02:33 AM
I am very tired............carpet goes in MOnday so we ahd to move all the stuff out of the way and I cna[t find anythinhg!

My kids want to come her for Thansgivng so I silll gook light..a pie a roast, veggie and dressing and pot with gravy. I'm too tired but they are never here together any more, Can't finde my recipes yet also. it will all work out. I'm jusr tired and sore.

Mima
11-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Boy=Candice. I hope this is over for you soon.
Yummy, Kate. I bet dh watched the Patriots which I also did. Good game.
We went to see the Producers -what acting for high school!! Especially for the lead.
My stomache went again but this time food may have been the culprit. Spaghetti sauce and risotto with mushrooms-not at the same time. Glad I made it through the play. we went out to eat after church with 3 other couples=Macaroni Grille. we went there 2 weeks in a row,
I m making a sweet potato casserole with Splenda and Brad is making turnip.for Thanksgiving at DIL"s mother's. We are going to a dinner at church tomorrow night. At least it will be turkey and mashed potatoes-no problem.
Joanne-wish you could go to your son's church-it sounds nice.
Hi everyone. Mima

Kate53
11-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Good morning all....unusual start for a Monday for me. Phone call at 6 am from an old friend (and employee) who is now working for the new owners of my old bakery. The shop seems to be doing very well considering they changed some of my time honored recipes...but very busy with pies for T-Giving. Then while walking her "royal highness" this morning, I came across two very young pit bull puppies (7 Weeks "ish") wandering around all by themselves in a neighborhood along my route. I can't tell you how disappointing it is to live in an area where local law enforcement is so...inept? Yes, that's the right word...inept. (I've witnessed their performance on more than one occasion.) Thankfully after several phone calls, someone finally showed up to take over babysitting those little guys until an animal control officer arrived. These kinds of incidences really test my faith in the human race....All God's creatures, right?
Very warm and breexy today with a warm front coming through this weekend. We are having record low temps for the past two weeks. Makes me feel like nature is up to something....not to sound doomsday"ish" or anything but between the crappy economy and weird weather I think we might be screwed! Off to brush the "Queen" for her big bath tomorrow. Got to get her fresh and fluffy for the holidays....she's smelling a bit gamey lately. Regards to all ! Kate

Tammy
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Hello ladies!

Kaplods, my friend moved from Ohio to Arizona years ago, and she does much better managing the fibro there. It's not perfect, but better than here.

Kate, your recipe for the sb fish sounded good. I've considered doing volunteer work at hospice. When I was doing the grief group session, the leader asked if I would consider it possibly after the first of the year.

Hope you colonoscopy ladies are back to "normal" soon!!!

Anne, I should check about that type of manipulation also.

Candice, did the carpet arrive ok?

I took Tim and his gf out for lunch at Red Lobster yesterday. We had a nice visit.

Candicej
11-24-2008, 02:17 PM
The carpet is being laid now.....they are very noisey and messy! NO sleep much for me, they came earlier than expected. Put a big pot of chicken soup on made two pizza's and some roasted eggplant to have later. Doing laundry too and cleaning. I am really tired and sore. Got a gal coming at two to help move furniture back and mabe scrub some tile floors, we will see on the time... I can't do much more I am in so much pain from not much sleep and over doing....just not in the Christmas mood much here..but need to get in one I guess to get things done. Not a good year for holidays I'm just too tired!!!!!!!! OH they scratched up our newly painted wall on the stairs too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Tammy
11-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh Candice! I wish you felt better! I wish we all felt better!! I still think we should all meet somewhere in a warm climate with no humidity. Sorry to hear that they scratched the wall! That happened to us when we had our washer delivered.

Yoga is getting easier! Well, not actually easy, but more doable for me. I can honestly say that I enjoy going to the class! I think I am going to drop the water aerobics class next session and just keep doing the aerobics in the morning on M-W-F and yoga on M afternoon. I have a commitment on a couple Tuesday nights a month, and a commitment every W night after the first of the year. I think I'll stay busy.

Kate53
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Hand them the paint brush, Candice! Don't you just hate the below standard services of these contractors? Half the time they have sub-ed out the job and no one wants to take responsibility for the screw-ups! We built our house here in Florida less than two years ago and it was a project from ****! I would never build another house here if my life depended on it. And we lived across the street while it was being built so what the heck happened?? Our contractor was an a**hole, that's what! Thank God I am an "assertive" woman! (another term for royal bit**!) And I am darn good at it too. Lot's of practice.....got the job done for sure. Well, that felt good...feeling better now thank you. Sorry for the rant but I think I'm still feeling the effects of dealing with inadaquate and inept county professionals on my puppy issues from this morning. When it comes to animals, I can be quite inconsolable.

Ah....yoga! Well, Tammy, I tried it for a few months, didn't do so well. It was that "salutation to the sun" or something like that ....did me in. I loved tai chi and qigong though. We do have a huge yoga retreat here where I live called "Kashi". It's a community all in itself and open to the public for classes and such.
Well, off to la la land. I don't sleep well when hubby is on the night shift. Hopefully will get 5 hours in tonight because I'm tired from cleaning the house from top to bottom. Wishing everyone a peaceful night. Bonne nuit, chacun.
Kate

Candicej
11-25-2008, 05:25 AM
Kate sounds as if you are a woman not to be tangled with!LOL I could have used you here. Most of the people DH hired were friends or church members that he does business with and he will not complain to them but will to me and will not let me speak up since his mother was a pain in the btt that way and everyone talked about her terribly. I try to correct as much as I can myself or just leave it and hope noone notices. This house is really nice now but the previous owners did not take care of it so it had a lot of work to be done from top to bottom. I think it would have been easier to build since we left some and changed some and had to match their colors. Everything is beigh or off white now... They had grey and blue everywhere. All that is left now is furniture..any suggestions? I hate decortating.........

Tammy..boy you sure are keeping busy which is a good thing. WE sahould all meet at Meme's...that is pretty centrally located but the weather is nopt much good, it is too much like here. I do not do a youga class but do some of the stretches and moves and when I do not do them for awhile I can tell.

Mima...sorry to hear abougt Allison, isn't there some kind opf dissability act for that????? GEt some rest you sound like me! LOL

Joanne..have fun at your daughters:)

Our FMS support group is tonight and it is their cookie /gift exchange, I made something but DS will have to drop it off for me..I am too tired to go!

Mima
11-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Good morning-wow for 8 hours sleep. Alison would get some help if it was a full time job.I think that job depended too much on her weakness-memory. Funny thing is that her brother -4 and a half-has this incredible memory. But then Alison won the spelling bee in middle school 3 years in a row. Her brain is funny-the right and left side are actually not connected.
Art this morning-no more complaining about my foor. Funny it was really good all morning and then really bad in the pm. Then a dinner at church.
My virus protection was off yesterday-did a chat with Raheesh at Norton and he fixed it. Wow!!!
Sending a box to Afghanistan-Suzanne says to send sausage and cheeses-great idea. You can send a box for 10.95 and it doesn't matter how heavy it is.
Candice-if i were you i would give myself permission to just stay in bed. Ha-like you will.
Tammy-I did yoga for years but I overstretched and tore my rotator cuff so watch out for overstretching. I absolutely loved it. And the meditaion was awesome. Glad your spirits are better.
Bye for now Mima

Candicej
11-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Staying in bed sounds like a great idea:)

Candicej
11-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Trying to get some color here.......

Candicej
11-25-2008, 10:19 AM
and size..........:dizzy::carrot::D

Kate53
11-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day in the sunshine state. Fm terrible this morning...must of over did yesterday. I'll just keep moving and it will hopefully work itself out. I don't mind using that as an excuse to be lazy today either:)
Yes Candice, I can be heck on wheels....but never unless it's warranted. It comes from being in business for so many years dealing with vendors and salesmen. It was considered a man's world in business where I started out and I had to really put myself out there to get my needs met. It gradually got easier as relationships grew with my purveyors, but you had to be tough to keep from getting walked on. I am happy to see women are beyond that in today's business world. It does follow you in your everyday life when dealing with the service trades.
I'm a color person when it comes to decorating. If your home basics (walls, carpet, drapes, etc) are predominently beige/white, why not add a splash of accent color? I don't know what area you live in but that might play into your color scheme as well. Throw some ideas out here and we can all let you know!
Got to drop the "Queen" off for her bath....which means her shedding will increase two-fold! Warm water does that to double coated dogs....oh well...she's so worth it! Have a great day all. Kate

Happy Canuk
11-25-2008, 12:15 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/snagssept/9434333.gif http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/snagssept/claudette_turkey_thanksgiving.gif

Hi. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. A month from today is already Christmas. Time goes so fast anymore, I can hardly keep up to it.

Candice - Sounds like you are still having problems. I hope that your house is almost finished. Renovations are the very worst; hubby has always says it is far easier to just build. We have built a few houses and it wasn't so bad. Sometimes getting a trade out to do the work, is a problem, but mostly it all went well. We hired good trademan to come and do the job. You know I wouldn't put up with all this stuff if it was me. You are paying these people good money to come and do a job that you expect to have done right. I guess it does come from being in business for yourself!! I hope you have decided to take some time for you and just rest. It is not wise to put yourself beyond your endurance all the time.

Kate - I hope you can go easy on yourself today as well. It is sooo easy to overdo it and it takes sooo long to get over it. I was feeling good on Saturday, went out shopping, then my son and his family came for dinner and the night. In the middle of the night, I woke up with my feet and hands throbbbing. I had a hard time falling asleep, because I had hubby use a menthol rub on my back, and then I got the chills and couldn't seem to get warm enough to sleep. When I did get up on Sunday, every muscle in my body was screaming at me. Gotta love FM.

Mima - I hope your foot gets better soon. You did get a shot of cotisone in it, didn't you? Poor Allison. She will have to look long and hard to find the perfect job for her, but there will be one. One of my friends was born with Spina Bifida. She really is a wonder. They told her (she was born in Denmark) that she would never walk, but she does. A Dr. here told her she walked really clumsy and boy did she let him have it ! lol She told him she didn't care, because she was never supposed to have been walking. Now she is almost 70. She had a uniform store for years here, and did all her own alterations.

Tammy - keep busy, but don't run away from it. I know it is hard, but it is the reality. You just make sure and not wear yourself out.

I have to work today, from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. and then all day Thursday and Friday. That should do me in. I think I also need to run out and see my chiro this morning, as my mid back seems to have a muscle spasm in it and it really hurts.

Everybody have a really good day.

Joanne D
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I hope all of you has a really nice Thanksgiving..We are out of here early Wednesday morning . Going to N/Fl. to our daughters. The son and his wife and her mother will join us there. There also will be a few family members of the new G/daughter-in-law.All total around 18 of us..Lots of cooking..
It is going to be cold up there..
Bye till next week...Joanne

Tammy
11-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Kate, I am glad that I gave yoga a try. I really do like it even though I'm not as limber and able to do what the other members in the class can do. I hope to stick with it as long as I can.

Candice, meeting near Meme would be a great idea! Wonder what she would think of that?

Mima, OUCH to tearing your rotator cuff doing yoga! I'll have to be careful.

Anne, there are times that I don't make it to all of my classes at the Y and I also miss some of the other commitments that I have. Tonight was a monthly gathering of the local Emmaus community, and I stayed home. I was able to get laundry caught up, balanced both checkbooks, watched a football game. Ball State Cardinals won! Now 12-0!!!! That's where Tim goes, and David Letterman graduated from there. It sounds like you are working an awful lot this week. Don't overdo!

Joanne, have a safe trip and enjoy the time with your family!

I have class in the morning at 8. When I get home from that, I need to make deviled eggs for family dinners (one on Wed. and one on Thurs). I have a chiropractor appointment at 2:30. Tim should be home early afternoon for the weekend.

Hello to everyone else!

Candicej
11-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Got PT on foot today and some quick shopping and then home to get a meal rady for my sons and DH..just a simple meal I think........... I hope..........is all I can at this point.

Gonna go throw some tapes in and lay down and rest and maybe fall asleep early!!!!!!!

Kate..I like green....they have burgundy type window treatments but I do not like them so they will adventually go I think.

The basement has a blue counter in the kitchen and that is all the color there and we have the family room to fill with at least two recliners and a love seat and sofa. Maybe a wall unit for TV and stuff.

The master bath is in blue grey and white so am using blues and off whites and navys in the bedroom. Some green accents in the new kitchen and would like to follow that into to living room entry but not sure how to do it with furniture or accent pillows and chairs????? It's an all open area from when you walk into the front door through the living room to the kitchen ...all open! With a corner fireplace......and a railing down the stairs to the basement. Let your ideas flow !:D

Mima
11-26-2008, 06:00 AM
That.s what I love most-decorating. I am good with color-got it from my mom. But we have everything done down here-green, yellow, beige walls-love that new green. Painting a picture for my gf's bathroom in her new condo. It will be wild.
Evan is coming. We need to go to Walmart but I won.t make the sweet potato casserole til tomorrow.
We saw the funniest comedian at church-Mike Williams-haven't laughed that hard for a while.
I do believe all this pain is making me depressed. Yesterday, my son was putting his blind, arthritic dog to sleep and I burst out crying in th afternoon because it was my dog too=I took care of him for 2 years while Bob was away at school. But that was not from being depressed-just grieving.
Find of the day-Amazon-no tax or shipping. Evan's Wii Music game.
Fillimg a box to send to Afghanistan. Bought a dvd of the comedian last night to go in it. O know I already told you about the box.
Everything we do seems to cause a fibro reaction. I hurt myself doing a video-we had a yoga class for fibro back home. I have some good dvd's here. Maybe Evan and I will do them. He does yoga with his other Grandma.
Bye for now-Mima
WHERE IS MEME!

Kate53
11-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Catching a quickie here as my pumkin pie finishes cooking. Hubby has the next 5 days off....don't know whether that is a good or bad thing yet! Will let you know in a couple of days :) FM really acting up last night which didn't do much for sleeping, but hopefully will get my medication in early tonight so i can function tomorrow for the big feast with guests.
Mima, I had a full tear in my rotator cuff back in 2005. I think I did it cleaning my pool....over zealous brushing. After the MRI, the doctor decided to do surgery.....I would never go through that again. Talk about discomfort and immobility! And for a good six-eight weeks, too....not just a few days. The PT was almost as bad as the surgery! Nope, if I had to do it over again, I would think about it for a long while. I hope whatever you choose to do, it works out okay for you.
Candice, maybe go with a light shade of a sage green with hints of gold and rose for accents. I would definitely stick with a neutral shade for the furniture like beige or light brown. Mix the textures too, perhaps fabric sofa and chair w/ottoman and add a leather recliner. Dark green is a great accent color.
Tammy, my favorite, deviled eggs!!! I just love them. Off to walk Queenie. She had her bath yesterday and she looks and smells terrific...all white and fluffy! 100 pounds of fluff is what I've got!! Imagine the dog hair flying around the house....(hope I can keep it out of the turkey!) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Kate

Candicej
11-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Baked a Pumpkin Pecan pie...house smells good....need to go lay down and do the rest when I get going.

Mima
11-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Just lost my post-Evan was here yesterday-so good.
Tenant has no heat because of circumstances beyond our control-he called Brad's brother instead of us so we called oil burner man who can't get the part til Friday. I can see Brad going back there to get him out of there. Every thing makes Brad think we should sell the house. that's good.
Foot is better because I take 10 mg of prednisone which also wakes me up. But i have to do something.
Going to make sweet potato casserole and turnip.
Have a wonderful day everyone. Mima

Kate53
11-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just getting ready to throw the bird in the oven and make the "Polish" stuffing. I'll have a manhatten about an hour before dinner just to get the ton of bricks off my neck...at least that's what it feels like this morning. One of my guests is ill with a terrible sore throat so we may be eating alone. I'll send them over to-go plates if that's the case. I'm preparing for the scale to read a pound or two more after today. Even with good intentions, I know I will have a tendancy to overdo it. That pumpkin pie is calling to me even as I write this! Hope everyone enjoys their day with family and friends and remembers to give thanks for all that we have.....(and please don't let me slip backwards after today.)

Happy Canuk
11-27-2008, 10:48 AM
lHappy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope you all enjoy eating that turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie! I am glad that our Thanksgiving is in October. I could never do 2 major holidays in less than 1 month, and then all those get togethers in between. No wonder everybody gains at this time of year :lol:

Kate - enjoy a few bites and then STOP.

Candice - I hope you finally got some sleep. Are both your boys home for Thanksgiving? I am with Kate on the furniture being neutral, and then adding spashes of color with cushions and accessories. It is fun, and easy to decorate. Pick colors you love and go with them. I am NOT a burgundy lover, so I would get rid of them. If not, burgundy and some shades of green are good together.

Mima - Too bad about your furnace. We don't use oil here, only natural gas, so I never have to worry about that running out - UNLESS, I don't pay my bill! When the furnace breaks, that is a different story.

Joanne - hope you are feeling good. I know you are now at your daughters and having a good time.

Meme - where in the world are you???

Mima
11-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Dennis said he didn't press the button too many times but..........I am trying not to be angry because it only hurts me.
We had a lovely dinner and I ate the inside of the pie-not the crust.Then i came home and went swimming and in the whirlpool-it really helped my shoulder pain.
Kate-my rotator cuff hurt for 2 years-I couldn;t swim and it would wake me up early in the morning. Getting the surgery was a blessing. I finally went to the orthopedic doc who did an MRI -and I healed fast.
Well-I am going to shop online today and maybe go to the PO to mail Jim;s package .Maybe got to the outlet store -Bealls. For me!!! And Brad I guess.
Mima

Candicej
11-28-2008, 10:41 AM
yum, everything turned out great....yes both sons were here and one even thanked me for cooking. It was really hard on me this year being so unsettled.l I told them we were ordering out for
Christmas! I'm barley gonna get stuff wrapped by the time it rolls around this year.

Nope Happy didn't get musch sleep again...when I know I have to be up for something I get anxious and can't sleep even if take something. I just need a few days of doing nothing, but this PT is keeping me hoping. Will try to take fall decor down and get some Christmas out when I get up if IO ever fall asleep.

Kate and Happy.l.I was thinking of nuetral with adding a touch of color then I thought maybe I would like shades of green in two wing chairs and a sofa..just not sure. I like the nuetral look with a splash of color but do not want it to be too drab. The burgundy will probably go.....

Mima..I would get rid of the rental.........glad your relaxed in the whilrpool. I hate to lose my post..agravating:eek:

Tammy
11-28-2008, 11:02 AM
I am not good with decorating at all. I like to go to places and browse areas for ideas, but then when I think of how I'd do it here, I'm at a loss.

Mima, so sad about your son's dog. It's never easy even when they are hurting.

We had a nice time with my brothers and their families on Wed. night and then yesterday at my aunt's house. We played dominoes and Trivial Pursuit yesterday, and we were laughing so hard we were crying. Tim would just shake his head at my cousin and I. We are the same age, went to school together, and our minds think alike so much. Scary!!

Not sure what are plans are for the day. I do know that my niece wants to get her 2 dogs together with Maurice sometime today before she & Hubby head back to Pennsylvania tomorrow. Should be interesting!!

Happy Canuk
11-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Candice - In mny living room, I have 2 love seats. One is a Taupe color and the other is sage green (I love that one). Then, I have 2 recliners that are in a dark green (that is my favorite chair in the house, or anybodies house. It is a Stressless Chair and it is amazing). I then use different textures and colors to accessorize. I have a cream/green afghan on the taupe one, or yes, I have a neutral chair as well, and I put a red wool throw on the back of it, and set a sage green cushion in the front of it. Get different shapes and sizes of cushions as well, for interest. The walls, are either taupe or a light brown/green color (can't decide lol) but I really like them. To me they are green, but others say taupe.

Mima - what do you mean he pushed the button to many times?? I don't understand. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Tammy - sounds like you also had a wonderful time. That is great to have somebody that you are close to.

Well, I have to run off to work. Everybody have a good day.

Mima
11-29-2008, 07:18 AM
That would be the reset button but he's off the hook because it was something else. It's not fixed yet so he doesn't have heat yet. But we told him he could take blankets from upstairs. This is going to cost big bucks-I will take it out of rental acct which is not going anywhere but south.-meaning down.
Talked to my stepson about his daughter who has obsessive compulsive disorder-asked him to make getting her on medication a priority. She's had the signs for years but it's gotten worse. She's had a horrible life. Now she has a baby to take care of, Love that girl-Jessica.
Beall's outlet 75% off markdowns and an extra 15% at the register. 12 items for 45$. 7 for me.
Took me all day to shop online at walmart.com. Sent stuff for Debbie, Keith and Becky -then Webkinz clothes for debbie. Almost done.Lots of gift cards.
Taking Evan to the train show. And Brad too.
Bye Mima-Love sage and burgundy.

Mima
11-30-2008, 06:57 AM
Good morning-quiet today-hope everyone is sleeping,
Took Evan to the train show and out to eat, We didn't see Santa because there was too much of a line. he hates lines so that was not a problem.
Well, the heat is back on at home-just in time because it's 21 there.Our house could have burned down=have to concentrate on that instead of the money it cost. You never really own a house-it owns you.
Hope your trip was good, Joanne. Hi to all. Mima

Candicej
11-30-2008, 09:18 AM
WE have snow for the next two days so I am in, maybe I can sleep. Put up outside lights last night and am very sore..did too much as always. Will probably cancell my two dr. appt on Mon.......

Happy you must have a big room if you have all that in there! I love those colors, our walls are a beig/taupe int he livingroom. WE were going to put our recliners down in the familyroom.....not sure yet what we are doing I just need to go look but no time untill after holidays.

Tammy, I love playing games like that, glad you had a good time, laughter is so good for us!

Mima, sounds like you and Evan had a good time..Sounds like you got some good deals on the shoppping. I gotta sotar sorting my stuff and get things wrapped and my cards finished, I am so far behind this year.

My neice sent my son an email, her sister(20) was pulling out of their lane and got hit by a truck, she is in the hospital and needs surgery. Not sure how bad she is. My sister and her DH have been at the hospital since Friday and I don't want to bother them.

Tammy
11-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Our house colors are pretty boring.

Mima, you got some great deals when you were shopping! Glad you enjoyed the train show with Evan.

I have a few gifts bought, nothing wrapped. I guess I should do some of it when I get the chance. Tim and I will be in GA over Christmas. I want to make sure I take things with us.

Anne, your colors sound beautiful!

Joanne D
11-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Hello Everybody- Back from our daughters and glad to sleep in my own bed although the bed we slept in was good too.
We did a lot of cooking and gave away a lot of the leftovers. Everybody went home with some.. The stay there was not long enough but she had a lot of school work to do and the hubby just wanted to get back.. He does not like to be away from home.
Tammy -I am glad you had a nice time . laughing is a good medicine for any of us.I hope your trip to Ga. is nice.
Mima- I know it is aways a worry when you leave your house with a renter. Maybe you will slowly just stay south.. Going back and forth must be hard..
Candice - I hope your niece is soon well and out of the hospital.Snow I can't relate to. But when it is cold and damp here in Fl. it is not a lot of fun..
Hello Happy- Sounds like you have a large living room.. Mine is 14 widw 20 long. I thought that was large when we first moved here 48 years ago.. Now it seems small.I wish my house was a little larger. I need more closet space..
Hello Meme. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
Joanne

Tammy
11-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Welcome back Joanne! I'm sure it was good being with your daughter. Tim and I ate leftovers part of the weekend, and then said ENOUGH! We ended up going to Texas Roadhouse (one of our favorites) yesterday, and today I made spaghetti when we got home from church. He did end up taking spaghetti back with him and I teased him about more leftovers. He said he could eat my spaghetti anytime. Made me feel good!

The husband of a friend of mine passed away yesterday. He had cancer, and he had really gone downhill the past couple of months. I'm not sure how old they are, but I've known them a lot of years.

It has been raining a bit, and it sounds like it is turning to sleet. I can hear it on the skylight. Maurice keeps looking up to see what's making the noise.

Candicej
12-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Joanne, glad you are back, my DH is the same way.....we ahd over 7 in of snow so far it was pretty..wet and heavy and now we are geting light fluffy blowin stuff. Glad we awere not on the hyway coming back form a trip!

Tammy, Jazzie barks at the wind and allthe funky noises here too! Sorry to hear about your friends DH, you will be acomfor t to her I am sure.

Got two appt MOn and the weather in relentsless, cold blowing snow...with our outside lights up it looks so pretty. WE shoveled twice already....DH is gonna vcall a snow removal service but they only do the drive, better than nothing. I love doing it but it hurts me too mcuh and hehas a bad back.

Neice is holding her own.

Mima
12-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Sure hope your niece is good=what a scare!!!
That's why we are here-to escape the snow although we had tornago watches for a while. And we have some much needed rain.
I love to go back home-we have 3 kids and 3 grandchildren there, But it's the house we need to get rid of.
I sent brad to look for a nativity set at Walmart-for outside. he couldn;t find it.
WE went last night-another box was on it and there was a different picture on the back. He can't find things if they are UNDER something. Most everything he needs is under something so I have to find it.
It's not that I got bargains-it was the low cost shipping. Needed when you buy big toys.
Glad you are going to GA Tammy.
There is one week less this year, Candice. That might be why you feel you are behind. I do too. What did I do when I worked-go crazy!!! I remeber one year sewing Cabbage Patch dolls on Christmas Eve because you couldn't get them in the store.
Calling the doc today because my foot still hurts.
Bye for now Mima

Kate53
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Hello all! Sounds like we have all been pretty busy! Had hubby home for 5 days and we managed to get the Christmas decorations up. I don't do much in the way of decorating down here in Florida because I am not crazy about a snowless holiday. I was raised with those beautiful white Christmases and can't seem to get in the spirit surrounded by palm trees! I put a large wreath with a huge red bow on my front door, another larger one on the outside peak of the garage, a small silk tree with all my collectible bird ornaments and red bows in the livingroom, a lit tree and lit presents on the front lawn, silk potted poinsettias on the side board, dining table and entryway, and holiday table linens. All that's left is to get my baking done over the next few weeks and distribute my cookie tins to friends and such. No entertaining this Christmas.....it's someone elses turn for a change. Gained 1 pound back over T-Giving (which I am obsessing about) and need to get my butt in gear to finish cleaning the house....I'm exhausted thinking about it! And....my FM just doesn't want to subside this week! We've had wind, rain and a tornedo watch for the past day and it's humid and ickky out. There, that just about covers it!! Sorry to hear of the accident of Candice's niece and the death of Tammy's friend's husband. Sometimes the holidays can be so stressful with these kinds of events. I do hope everyone is okay and manages through all these happenings. Off to finish my chores....enjoy the rest of the day folks. It looks like the sun is finally going to peek through here today...at least for a little while.
Kate

Mima
12-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Boy-I would love to see that tree with the bird ornaments and red bows!!! I am a big bow fan.
I sure know what you mean about Christmas-I am getting used to it but it feels different. We did go home one year but it was too much and I got really sick after.
I did an exercise for fibro dvd-The Grove approach-probably shouldn't have done the back ones but it did feel good.
Theory about my foot-there is tightness somewhere else so my foot hurts-been massaging my leg and calf. And my foot feels better.
Art today-then massage. Not a bad day.
Have had horrible stomache pains. It never quits. Mima

Candicej
12-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Mima..my tummy hurts too, past 3 days..... Men can't ever find anything..makes me so mad!

Kate..your decorations sound beautiful, and you said you didn't do much!

I shoveled and shoveled and there is still snow and more wed.

Gorilla glued my hair, ouch..doing a snowman repair.

Tammy
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Candice, any update on your niece? Keeping her in prayer. Where do you live that you are getting all the snow? We've been having snow, but not that much.

Mima, maybe a reflexologist could help with the foot pain? Just a thought. I go to mine again on Wednesday morning.

Kate, you have really been busy with the decorating!!

This has been a terribly lazy day! I have done nothing! Well, I've slept, eaten breakfast and lunch, read a little, and been on the computer. Later I will go to the funeral home and then I have a Christmas dinner to attend for board members of our Emmaus Community. I'm the new secretary after the first of the year. (yikes!)

Kate53
12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Honestly, that is not much in the way of decorating for me....I used to do the whole thing in New England with garlands, bows, wreaths and lights outside and all nature scenes (moss, fake quail, nests, ribbons) on my fireplace mantel with garlands and bows and baby's breath on stair railings and the tree inside....some pointsettias around the hearth and a santa collection displayed on the built-in. (I may even be able to find some old pics of this to post if I can figure out how to do it.) Now it's just some simplicity to get through the holidays with. I don't even have an area to display my santa collection so they sit in boxes in a closet....such is life in Florida. Don't get me wrong, I would never go back to the cold but I will admit I miss those special White Christmases...especially the live trees that smelled so good.
The weather here has been very chilly with a low tonight of about 40...and damp which is wrecking havoc with my body! I feel very stiff and sore last few days...need extra sleep so I'm off to bed early tonight. Did a lot of cookie mixes last night and will start baking off tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday spirit in spite of being in an "official" recession, according to the news this morning!.... and hope we all can weather this economic storm! Regards to all,
Kate

Mima
12-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Good morning. I used to decorate a lot-we are bringing th e tree to the dump=it causes me to wheeze.I am so allergic to dust mites.
Now I have a manger scene and I am going to put up my favorite decorations.
A good day is Art class and a massage, I am not walking straight. I will check into a reflexologist. I was much helped by the physiotherapist??? I don't think that's the right word.
It's cold here too. Bobby and Pam are flying down today-they better bring their winter jackets.
Brett lost his 10 hours overtime. Brad's son. Hope they can survive and pay their mortgage.
Going to pick up Gaither tickets for the Sunday schoo; class-and bring shoes back to penney's for a different size. I bought them 2 years ago but I never wore them and they still carry them . They fall off my feet because they are Wide.
Byerr for now-I will be going back to bed. Mima

Kate53
12-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Brrrrr...can hardly type it is so cold in here....refuse to turn on the heat in Florida!!! What is going on with this weather? Need to run errands this morning before starting in on the baking. Christmas stamps are first on the list. Need to sit down and start Christmas cards...I do a few every night until finished before mailing all. Cutting back on those this year too. My area is being hit terribly with this economy....so many foreclosures and job losses. My hubby is lucky to have his job right now....he said his company has started laying off people in the West Palm Beach area. Only five of the long- time drivers were offered positions here if they choose to commute (90 min one way) or relocate. Hope this doesn't have a trickle-down affect!! Guess I will stop bit**ing about him working nights, huh?? We need some sun and warmth here, folks....maybe even some divine intervention too! I am sorry to say that I think the American economy will be affecting all of us adversely in some way and I hope we can hold out through the worst of it. Our parents managed during the '30's so I guess we can, right? Okay, enough of the doom and gloom....let's have an online party! Whoo-hoo! I'm going to try and figure out how to scan and post some holiday pics! Bye for now,
Kate

Happy Canuk
12-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Good afternoon. Sounds like some of you are way ahead of me in the snow department, because I don't have a single flake here! It is cooler out today, about 20F and I think I may need to get out my winter coat. It is going to get cold tonight, and get down to 5Belowzero. Glad I can stay around home if I want to.

I joined ww 2 weeks ago, and am down 6.8 pounds. I am happy about that. It has been very easy to follow, and seems easy enough to stay within the points. Haven't needed to use the extras.

I hope you all are having a good afternoon.

Joanne D
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Hello Everybody-
Well I spent Monday cleaning my carpet.. I can barely move I hurt so much.
Tuesday I put up the little tree our daughter gave us last year. It doesn't need lights . The base has a revolving colored lights wheel in it.. I put up a some lights around my picture window in front. Thats it..
Today I have been making pillows for the daughter for Christmas,.I should have started these projects sooner.
WW is a good group to join .I lost a lot of weight with them. I still try to maintain with the points.
I turn on the heat when it is less than 65. I don't like to be cold.. I ache all over when I get cold..
Tomorrow it is Dr. appointment as well as Friday.. I hate going to Dr.'s.They do all these tests and tell you nothing..
So as to not bore you, I'll check in tomorrow...Joanne

Mima
12-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Darn-lost my post.
Joanne-I sure hope everything is ok or that they can help you. Seems they test and test and do nothing. Aubtie has every test under the sun for her low blood and they bnever give her extra b-12. Duh!
Bought expensive shoe inserts yesterday but still going to call the doctor.
Hubby gets his blood checked today-his sugar is high-he eats way too many carbs but ignores me. And we haven't been for our nightly walks because of my foot.Maybe he will listen to the doctor.
Going to Chinese restaurant tonight. Hope that works out-they have so many food choices at this one.
Got Gaither tickets for my class-Feb 12 is the concert. Country Gospel=love it.
Wow-most of the stuff has been delivered by walmart and the PO.
Decorating lightly. Just remebered that I can put shiny ornaments in a bwl for a centerpeice. Got plenty of those. Bye Mima

Candicej
12-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Mima....do you go to a foot doc. They recommend orthotics, I have had them for years but need new ones. What tree did you take to the dump?

Kate, your dcorating sounds wonderful, I used to do more to, we did put lights outside alsoobut not as many as I wanted, but it snowed too soon before we could get it done! Would love to see your pics.

Happy, I'm movin'g up there if you don't h any snow! WW is great I still do the points butwith the move I forget to write stuff down and try to recap my pts in my head but know I am leaving things out!

PT and then shopping and home just as the snow began again, more shoveling so sore. Got my mantle decorated and our tiny tree out, looks funny without furntiure and a decorated mantle!

Candicej
12-05-2008, 03:40 AM
How do post a pic..I can't seem to remember??????

Mima
12-05-2008, 06:04 AM
I think you have to go to advanced when you post.
We brought our old tree to the dump. And all the dust mites with it. Put my favorite ornaments on the entertainment center, I will put some lights on it.
We went to a Chinese restaurant with another couple. It was good-only ate a couple of things I don't usually eat.
Wow-my foot is better from wearing the orthotics. I go to an orthopedic doc.I have an appt on Monday.
Sent some cards with a pic of us at the Grand Canyon. had to order more.
Big day shopping at Walmart ! Bet you all are still sleeping. Mima

Candicej
12-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Hey Mima..send me your address and I will send you a card pic...your tree was artificial? WE have a small one all decorated I put up and have two more small ones, 3 ft and 4 ft....but no where to put them with no furniture! I wear orthotics but the doc thinks they might be too old...I thought PT was working but today my foot hurt afterwards it ....might be due to shoveling snow and not taking the time to put the orthoics in my boots! Then spent 4 hrs in the grocery strore..cart was way to heavy and it was so cold in there! There was a bake sale for an employee's family so I bought some really good stuff that I don't need!

Got a big pot of chili on.....need to get gifts sorted and wrapped and mailed....just to busy, gotta get some sleep too.....

My niece is better but still in the hospital.

Candicej
12-06-2008, 06:13 AM
here

Candicej
12-06-2008, 06:31 AM
I like last years better but didn't want to dig to get the stuff out....here is last years....I like simple country stuff.

well..now it won't work.... I need to rezize it.....

Mima
12-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Good for you posting the pic, Candice, It's beautiful.
My post didn't post yesterday.
Art meeting this morning,We went to the clubhouse last night and they gad a beautiful party put on by the management. You should have seen the desserts-I ate the frosting off an orange cake. Too much sugar for fibro. They even had an orchestra.
Bob and Pam coming tomorrow-we have to clean the house. Brad can do the vacuuming while I am gone.
I walked too much at Walmart-foot hurts again-doc on Monday. Mima

Candicej
12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Where is everyone?????

Walking gets me too MIma and pushing those big carts! Brad can come do my vacumming too! DH has a bad back so he will not help.

Kate53
12-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Good morning all! An eventful weekend so I had no time to post....hubby home for his two days off and he goes back this evening at 5pm. Looks like he will be getting a few weeks off around Christmas as the plant he works out of will be closed for the holidays and reopening after the first of the year. Of course you realize he doesn't get paid for this time off so we will be scrambling for enough money to pay December's bills...such is life....at least he has a job! We're thankful for that at this point.
Haven't had a chance to pull out my pictures of past Christmases and scan them into my computer. Hopefully I will get to it. We've been having company dropping in all week and last night night they didn't leave until 11pm...I had made whole wheat pizza and cooked it on the grill with caramelized onions and several different cheeses. Delicious!! I am slowly but surely getting the pounds off but it is more slowly than I had hoped. I still think the SB diet is a great lifestyle though. Hope everyone is feeling okay especially with the stress of the holiday season. It's still chilly here which is very unusual for this time of year...we usually don't get this weather until Feb. I'll be checking back in later....need some rest and relaxation today so the computer is all mine for the day!!
Kate

Joanne D
12-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Hello Everybody- As we all are, I have been really busy.. With going to Dr. appointments and trying to tie up things here at home ,well you get the picture..I am making some pillows for the daughters gift. I quilt them by hand so that takes a good bit of time. I finished a afghan for my son and his wife this week also. Christmas gifts this year will be mostly gift cards. Since everybody is grown and I can't decide what they would like,I think this is just easier. It is not easy getting around here at this time of the year. I probably won't go to the mall more than once.
Everybody is coming to my house for Christmas dinner. At least that is the plan as of now. I have asked everyone to chip in and bring something.. I will make Fela(stuffed grape leaves). It is simple but time consuming to make.
As there will be 11-12 of us it will put out the food and let everyone be comfotable where they sit. My dining room is just too small to really have sit down in comfort.
The tests say that I have ulcer lower stomach and my blood is really low. No bleedind found but I am not making blood cells.Diabetic, Hi colesterol and Trigleserides,and oa. So special diet and supplement iron. I try so hard to eat right and take care of this old body ,but, I guess as we get 'younger' things go haywire..Otherwise I really feel fine..Hope you all stay well.
I sorta like the cool weather. Just don't like to be cold. So I wrap up good when I go out with Christie 4 times a day..I live between two bayous so the breeze off of them makes it seem colder.

Kate53
12-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I managed to scan a couple of older Christmas pictures of my mantel and gingerbread lighthouse but can not figure how to attach them to my reply. I've gone into the advanced section and clicked on manage attachments and tried to download from my desktop. It's not working. Any suggestions?

OOPS!!! Guess it did work.....not very big pics though, sorry.

Candicej
12-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Kate if you click on them they get bigger...... did you make the light house? Did you eat it or stilolhave it? I can't really see what is on the mantel but it looks nice and woodsy , I saw some candels and a clock? Is that your nature stuff you were referring too?

Joanne..that does not sound good, please take care of yourself. Are you not tired with loow blood?

Mima
12-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi!! Joanne, can't they give you b-12 shots. Auntie's blood is low too and they never do anything.
Pretty pics, Kate. Beautiful lighthouse.
I will post a pic of my lights outside.
Everyone here yesterday-we squeezed 9 people around our small table-Evan sat on a stepstool. Bobby and Pam visited for a while -went to mike's and came back with the kids to go to Perkins-it was great.
They had a 3 hour ride back to Orlando and then a day at Universal and back home. To the cold and snow. Pam would love to live down here but economy is worse than MA.
I took an angel from tree at church to buy gifts for a child whose father is in prison-lost it. I will have to call the person in charge-they did write my name down.
Going to Doc for my foot-it's sure not getting better. Was better after massage but can't afford $70 every day.
Wonder if I shoul go to chiro?? Insurance pays for that.
One of our Sunday school members went into the hospital with excrutiating pain in her head and double vision but they haven't found out what. She and her husband are in the pageant but that is not going to happen.
It's good to have a quiet day-hope you enjoy yours Kate.
Are you sure you want Brad to vac-he talks quite a bit. But I love him-he's a good guy. Mima

Kate53
12-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone! Yes, Candice, that is a gingerbread lighthouse...one of many I made when I owned my shop in New England. We also did gingerbread houses with stained glass windows made out of Jolly Ranchers candies. We either sold them or donated them for auctions to some of the animal charities like WildCare, Inc. They take in injured or abandoned wildlife, rehab them and then return them to the wild. The mantel scene doesn't show up well in this picture but it has reindeer moss covered branches and quail with nests and eggs nestled in there along with preserved cedar boughs. I usually gathered poinsettias along the bottom, in front of the hearth. I don't have a decent digital camera to take current pictures...maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas??
My FM has been doing fairly well lately..I am assuming it is because I have been diligent about taking my meds regularly, keeping the pain managed. I too have been having trouble with my feet, especially the top of one foot. I am good about keeping my sneakers (walking shoes) fitting properly and change them out regularly but still have an issue with what feels like a sore tendon going across the top of one foot. I just don't want to go to yet another specialist to find out what's wrong. It comes and goes so I think it might be the way I walk...over pronating or something. If it gets any worse I will have to break down and get my butt to a podiatrist I guess.
A quiet day here today as hubby is sleeping...he's still on nights at work. Hopefully he will be switching to days after the holiday break. Have to finish my cookie baking today and get the rest of my tins filled. My sister may be visiting from New England the last week in Feb. I'm not sure if I shoould be happy about that or not yet! Love her dearly but you know how family visits can be.
Joanne, do you make those stuffed grape leaves with a lemon sauce??? Why do I want to call them "Dolmades" ? Is there a difference in the way Felas and Dolmades are prepared?
Mima, I am only about an hour and 15 min. from Orlando but still haven't been to Disney...can you believe that? Never had the desire to go but maybe some day would like to see Epcot.
Hope everyone is doing well....and enjoy the rest of the day!
Kate

Joanne D
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Mima- I asked about B12 but Dr. said that wouldn't work with me.. I got on line and tried to educate myself. There is so much the Dr's don't tell you. I went to grocery and bought some iron rich foods. They are limited too. I did find out that I may have done this to myself with all the low fat/low cal. foods I have been eating in the past 5+ years,trying to keep my weight under control.
Candice- Yes ,I have been really tired and cranky because of it..But due to the fact that most of everything around here is up to me,it has not been easy. The hubby is getting older and does next to nothing anymore. Watches TV and sleeps a lot during the day..
Kate- SB is a good diet ,but, be careful. My colesterol went way up on it..
This cool weather is really as it should be for this time of the year. In the past years we have had some warmer weather and that is not normal. It is back to warm and cold as it used to be. I have lived in Florida my intire life so when it isn't steaming we are content.
Hello Happy ,Meme...
Joanne

Candicej
12-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Kate you paint the picture very well with your words....I do not have a digital camera either, but snapedthe last shot with my cell phone which does not do a very good job. I can't decide what kind I want, need two I guess, a compact one and a really good one. I sned my to a photo palce whrere they put them online for me right now.

Mima...as long as he can sweep and talk at the same time! Your get together sounded nice. My foot still hurts too, the more I am on it the more it hurts..and when she massages it and hits the heel...ouch!!! DR. Appt is wed to see what else he will do..new orthotics I'm thinking.

Joanne....I think we are married to the same old fart!:D Why does sugar busters raise your cholesterol? Hope you get your blood built back up so you will not be cranky anymore!

I'm cranky toooooo! Too much to do and not emopugh sleep...going to PT 3 times a week has been too much and has not helped. The dog got into some christmas decor while I was gone, ate a basket of berries but he seems to have pooped them all out..we hope he did anyway, he does not seem sick. They were on a stick and it was full of wires..ouch..now I have to think about dog proofing the house! WE new he would eat paper towles and kleenex toilet paper and stuff (his previous owners told us that) My son says the dog has issues!LOL

Mima
12-09-2008, 05:02 AM
Oh boy-dogs!! Mike's could open the refrigerator and ate all the chocolate-was he sick.
Kate-massage your foot. Mine get tight=a different problem than the plantar fasciitis.
Went to doc=plan B-another shot=a boot at night, and 12 therapy sessions. The boot made me wake up all night-Got up at 3 and will go on the couch soon. But the boot worked. But I can't afford not to sleep.
Art today.
Joanne-hope you feel better. What are they doing for your cholesterol. Brad takes lovastatin and zetia-I take zetia, Had the triglyceride problem and cut out sugar and walked-got it down. If I don't get to walk. I will be in trouble. \
Candice-SB is South Beach but I guess it could stand for sugar busters.
Going on the couch-Mima

Kate53
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone! Sounds like we are all a little rushed and stressed lately....I'm sure it is the holidays and it will calm down after New Years. The day after Christmas, all my decor gets packed away, the house gets cleaned and ready for any guests (that usually start arriving the end of January). It was a lot of fun having old friends visit from back home the first few years we were here but now it feels more like a chore....not that I don't love my friends but I guess I love my privacy more at this stage in my life.
Still baking off these darn cookies. Today should be the last of them and then they will be out of my sight. Had a short bread cookie after breakfast this am. If the scale doesn't move down this week I will know why! Need to stay focused on my diet....
I used to get massages every week when I was a business owner....kept the aches and pains at bay. Definitely can not afford them now but would if I could as they really do make a difference with treating FM.
Mima, is plantar fasciitis on the bottom or top of the foot? For some reason, I thought that involved the ball area of the foot. My discomfort seems to be across the top of the foot...kind of feels like I tied my shoes too tight but I didn't. (That's the only way I can describe it.) I'm going to check out the symptoms on WebMD and see if they can point me in the right direction. It comes and goes so I have a feeling it has something to do with my walking habits. I do about 3 miles a day with the "Queen". I still need to get my butt back on the elliptical though. I just can't seem to get motivated....
As for my cholesterol, my ratio (hdl/ldl) isn't so bad but total was 280. I will have my lipid profile done again in a couple of months just to check it I'm sure.
Hubby got home 6 this am....really tired and went off to bed. Things will stay quiet here until he gets up. Good time for me to do all my computer stuff and download all my bank stuff. Love doing all my banking online...makes life so much easier. Wish I had those online advantages when I was in business....would have been a great time saver. Weather has gotten warmer here and a bit more humid today. Rained to the north of us (Cocoa Beach area) off and on all night but nothing here. Sunny and breezy today.
Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Kate

Mima
12-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Every Thursday, I check the acct to see if tenant put his rent in the bank!!!
Physical therapy at 8=didn't wear the boot because I needed sleep. And I slept 8 hours-swam yesterday and went in Hot tub. The pain is in my heel and you need to keep your foot flat in the boot. Don't know about the top of the foot.
Going to get my wheat free cookies at health store on way to church, Paul Newman makes the best!!! But I should be careful because I am not walking.
I am not stressed about Christmas but I need to wrap-send more cards and get gifts for Brad. And make something to give away next week-think I wull make breads.
Bye for now-Mima

Candicej
12-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Kate my MIL usedto have pain acrosst he top of her foot, was told it was arthritis, she wore orthotics..what kind of shoe are you wearing? I could not stand company all the time..too much work.........and I like my privacy too. If I havd and eliptical I would be on it all the time, the treadmill is pretty pounding on my joints. YUmm cookies..I have not mbaked any this year..no time and can't find stuff! Send me some!!!!!!!

Mima...tell me very slowly in detail how this heel shot went......the doc todeeay said I need one but they are very painful and you cannot drive for a few days and you have to wera a waling boot. (since it is my gas peddal foot)
My foot doesnot hurt int he morning if I get plenty of rest, it only hurts when I am up on it for a time and then it throbs and shots up my heel. He is making me new orthotics, be a few weeks. PT did me no good for the pain but did learn a few good stretches, just have to remember to do them.

I will see if I can private message you all some pics.....of the outside of house and snow. It looks tiny from the front......

Mima
12-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Not sure if this will work to have a new thread.
Yes, the shot hurts.But it really hlps. Boohoo that it is your driving foot. I am driving but it;s my left foot. The boot helps but not good for sleeping.
Went to pt and they put on the bike for 5 minutes-I kept telling them about my other problems but I am not sure they understood. Back hurts today-wish the would do electrical stimulation on my back. Also did some great stretches-I don't care if they hurt because it is the tightness of my legs that is the problem.
Found my angel. To buy presents for child of a prisoner.
Salad party tonight with people from Sunday school. I am bringing fruit.
Could not get my wheat free cookies-going to try Amazon.
Bye for now Mima

Kate53
12-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Good morning everyone! Thanks for the info Candice. I tried to open the pictures you sent but it disappeared....I think I may have a firewall that blocked it. I wear New Balance walking shoes (sneakers) with a SL2 last, meaning they are extra deep toe box and extra high instep height (I have high arches). It's the top of my instep that gives me problems and I think it might be from over-pronating. I'm sure orthotics would correct it but that would mean another doctor and more time and money. It only hurts once in awhile so I think I will live with it for now. I wear Birkenstock sandles most of the time when out and about....I do like comfort above all else!
As for the elliptical, when I do it, I feel great and it is an efficient form of exercise....using both arms and legs aerobically. But when I had a bad spasm back in August in my thoracic spine area, I got out of the routine and am now finding it difficult to get motivated again. I have stenosis in my lumbar spine along with some scoliosis and sometimes I get laid low with bad spasms. That's why I should see a chiro regularly but it is hard to find one in my insurance network. The one I am seeing takes no insurance at all and I just can't afford to keep going on a weekly basis. I only see him when I am desperate. I am looking into that upper cervical procedure but there is only one chiro near me who does it because it is such a specialized service and he is about 30 miles away. Again, he doesn't take any insurances. So, I'll plug along and hope that my weight loss will help alleviate some of the symptoms.
My energy level has been low past couple of days, mostly from not sleeping well. Hubby will be back on days next week which should help. Cookies are done!! Thank God! I am so sick of looking at them.....
Weather here is very humid, warm and windy. We have a severe t-storm forecast for this afternoon with heavy rains and high winds expected. Oh joy! Glad I didn't wash those windows yesterday....
Mima, I love e-stim!! If I could attach those electrodes to my own back, I'd live with it going all day!! They used one on my rotator cuff surgery site after the procedure and it helped a lot with the pain. It was a portable unit I got to turn on every 10-15 minutes and adjust my own level of stimulation. I used it for about a week and it was a great help. They used it after every PT session too.
My Christmas tree pictures didn't come out very well so I won't be posting them. I hinted to hubby that we need a digital camera for ourselves and we agreed to look at them after Christmas when they go on sale. Hope everyone enjoys their day....Kate

Mima
12-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Post on the next thread