Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/142/110

Height: 5'1

Unhappy Will I always be a "fat girl"???

Ok I'm just gonna be honest and vent a little. I apologize in advance for being a little bit of a downer today.

I HATE my body.
I've lost 20 lbs, I'm 5'1 and I don't feel any better about myself.
About 2 years ago I weighed 10 lbs more and I remember wearing shorts and feeling ok about it.... no way in heck would I be caught dead in a pair of shorts today.
I feel so jiggly and fat, I look at pics since I've lost weight and still all I see is the double chin and chunky arms.
I've had 2 kids, breastfed them both.... I'm only 21 and my boobs look like I'm 50... my stomach is sooo stretched out... and my hubby wanders why I have ZERO interest in being intimate.

I have a bad feeling that this isnt going to change from now 136 lbs to my goal 110 lbs... I think I'll always in my mind be... a fat, stretched out, saggy girl.
Luckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yes, I think you could use some perspective. I'm sorry you're feeling that way.

If you think you're all that ugly at your current weight, given that your start weight was about what I weigh now... well... you'd probably think I'm a real hippo! But I'm proud of my weight loss, and I think I look a lot better now than I did at my highest weight. You could feel that way, too.

Please keep in mind that many, many 3FC members are a great deal heavier than you are, and to have you calling yourself a "fat girl" seems, well, kinda silly!

Maybe you should look into some counseling to help you with this. Perhaps your view of your body isn't quite right--some kind of "dysmorphia." If so, then it's possible you might never be satisfied with it. And where would that leave you?

I hope you feel better...
Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 11-04-2008 at 02:20 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/142/110

Height: 5'1

Oh didn't mean to offend anyone.
I hope I didn't and I am so sorry if I did.

and no, I wouldn't think you're a hippo.
In fact I have several friends who weigh more then me but when hey say they are fat, I dont agree... its weird, I think they're beautiful.
Maybe I think I looks worse becasue I'm much more critical of myself then others...
Luckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Body dysmorphia is SO common. Society makes us feel like we MUST be absolutely PERFECT. The celebrities and models set an ideal that is impossible for most of us to achieve unless we have plastic surgery, a 24/7 personal trainer, and airbrushing.

On top of that, if we once were quite a bit heavier than we are now, it often takes us a bit of time for our body images to finally lose weight with our bodies. When I look in the mirror naked, I STILL vaguely see some of the things on my body that I didn't like at my highest weight... and this is after maintaining 50 pounds lost for nearly a year! I still feel fat sometimes, too, but in reality, I know very well that I am NOT fat - I am fit, athletic, toned, and yes - a big boned gal - that will never change, BUT I've never seen a fat skeleton, have you?!

I'm sure you look great now and at 110 pounds, you will undoubtedly be someone most people consider thin.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #5  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Luckymom, it sounds like you're having "one of those days." Maybe you can go outside, get some fresh air, a change of scenery, and perhaps a new perspective.

If these feelings are ongoing, is it possible there are other issues that are playing a role here. Could you be depressed?

good luck. I know how it feels when things seem hopeless. but they're not

Last edited by kittycat40; 11-04-2008 at 03:48 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote