Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default Ever have one of those 'I can't seem to get full' days?

Just have to ask, for the first time in the 10 weeks I have been on ww I can't seem to get enough to eat. I am not hungry, but not full, just--I don't know. Frustrating, I keep asking myself am I bored, restless, depressed, anxious? Just in a funk?

The last few days I have not been planning a entire day for my meals and that is not good, and as a result i have kept to my points but not eaten well. tonight I actually went over by 2 pts and since I am doing the wendie plan I will have to adjust tomorrows pts to compensate.

Ok I will get down off my chair, quit pulling out my hair and do something different.......Go in search of 0pt food LOL
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Yes, I have. A cup of coffee or tea does the trick for ME.
Fill up on raw veggies
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #3  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Yes, I have, too. I try to get out of the house and go do something else. Usually, though, I am craving something I am denying myself. If find I am tempted to overeat, I just have a nice generous portion of it (without bingeing) like mac and cheese. Get it out of my system and move on. It doesn't happen too often though, so it doesn't impact my weight loss. My carbs per week have a little room in them for one of those day.

Could it be that you have stepped up your exercise? Perhaps you are not getting enough calories? Is your WW diet a low fat diet? I cannot stay on a lowfat diet. I end up with constant cravings and have never been able to stick with a low fat diet. But, we are all different and that is why there are different diets!

Sometimes I am looking for crunch...I need the satisfaction of chewing and crunching. Carrot slices dipped in salsa works pretty well as a substitute for crunchy chips. And, I like the coffee or tea idea. There are some amazingly tasty herbal teas on the market.

Good luck with your craving! Trying to pin down that elusive thing you want can be so irritating, especially if the inclination is to work your way through the cupboards until you figure it out.
Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

It's tough when you have one of those insatiable days but have already planned your menu. When I can tell I'm going to be in a desperately ravenous mood all day, I eat nothing but raw veggies and a little fruit all day until dinner (I can't change dinner plans because I cook for boyfriend). I usually end up eating fewer calories than usual those days, but my tummy is satisfied.
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will try tea the next time since I am not much of a coffee drinker.

I did end up putting some small dill pickles in a cup and just munched on them while I watched a bit of tv, it helped but it was not what I wanted (I think lol) anyway I got thorugh the crisis and I am glad it has not plaqued me often.

Quix, I am not on a low fat diet I follow the ww guidelines except....for the past two days...hmm think that could have been it. I allowed myself to eat foods I would not normally eat but still stay within my points or close to them. I think it is time for me to take a look at my food journals and evaluate some of my choices and modifiy and see if that helps.

The trick is always that balance of foods you can live with for life in a routine you can stick to without a lot of thought. As for exercise I am sure my weight loss would be much quicker if I moved a bit more than work and home.

I have been in a bit of a quandry about exercise. two months ago I started having a bit of a medical problem that left me without energy to even get through the day then the decision to have surgery to correct which has left me recovering ..so still no exercise for me except walking but not to over do it (I am in week two of six week recovery)

I think I have whined enough LOL
Old 10-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #6  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Nancy,
Bravo for you for sticking with it through surgery recovery! I hope that goes well for you and that you can get moving more soon, or at the end of six weeks! Perhaps your surgery and the recovery are affecting your appetite. Surgery, if it is moderate to major, puts extra demands on your body and there are some vitamins that people need extra amounts of during a period of recovery. Perhaps you need to take a good supplement?
I am no doctor, but there is lots of research to support certain nutrients as good for healing and recovery. Take care of yourself and get better soon!

Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Ah, I think I'm starting a few days of that "I can't get full" business right now . I find it's usually TOM related. But it is weird to eat dinner and still feel completely empty. I actually find fat helps me feel more full. I'm going to have a square of dark chocolate a little later.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #8  
=D

I hate it when this happens but it does. I try to combat it with fibre and water.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

Quix thank you for your insight, yes it has been a rough few months but I know I am learning a lifetime skill not a diet so it has been easy to stick to the plan. I am curious and now will do some research on vitamins and supplements that would help in the healing process.

And Julie, you could say this was sorta TOM related LOL the 60 day period was the big clue for me....so glad it is over but still the surgery was the last option
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Nancy, I hope you feel better now! Sounds miserable.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

oh btw fiber one bars are great for these times too lol

Julie it is uncomfortable but the end result will be so much better for me health wise..or so I am told...will know in 6 weeks LOL