Old 10-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #1  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Question I have a crush on a skinny boy ((OT))

I think I have a crush on a skinny boy… oy! Let me just start out by saying that I am 25 and haven’t had a serious boyfriend since I was 17… Sure I have gone on a couple dates since then but nothing developed. I’ve spent the last 7 years convincing myself that I didn’t want to date… that I had too many issues to deal with to add another person into the mix. Now part of me still believes that, and part of me thinks it is an excuse not to put myself out there.

So… back to the skinny boy. He is cute, tall, thin, and geeky. He is my best friend’s new husband’s best friend… The wedding was on Oct 10th. I was the MOH and he was the BM in the wedding. We met on the rehearsal night... The next day at the wedding I was walking by and he asked me to dance to one of the slow songs. (Though, I think the best man is supposed to ask you to dance at least once so I am not thinking that means anything.)… Something happened with a family member at the wedding that night that I won’t even go into but I had to leave the reception near the end without really saying goodbye to people.

Since then we have emailed a couple times about generic stuff (but most of the bridal party have been emailing since the wedding)… and all of us got together again this past weekend to go to a Halloween Haunted Maze and out to dinner. I thought he might be flirting a couple times but couldn’t tell. At one point I accidentally (Accidentally!) touched his bum while standing in line. I apologized profusely and he just smiled and said he wasn’t offended… Later he asked if he could ride with my friends and I in my car to the restaurant (even though he rode to the Halloween thing in a car with the bride, his best friend- the groom, and another friend.) He asked if my car had ‘more leg room.’ He is tall though so that could also mean nothing. So yea…

The thing is… he is really shy. I can’t tell if he is being polite or trying to flirt. Heck, I don’t even know if I am flirting. LOL… it has been so long I am not even sure if I know how to do it. I am just trying to work on myself right now and I didn’t expect to maybe get feelings for a guy… The insecure part of me thinks he won’t like a fat chick.. and the improving part of me thinks there may be a chance.. but can I really take the blow to my self esteem right now if it turns out to be the prior… Hmm… Thanks for reading my long rant; any advice is appreciated.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #2  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Not sure I am in a position to give ANY dating advice now, but I will say just relax and go with the flow! Good Luck
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 269/249/150

Height: 5'3

Hi Kae! I'm someone that is prone to being attracted to the tall skinny guys so I completely understand! And it looks like, by your ticker that we're in the same boat weight-wise!

In your paragraph you said "The insecure part of me thinks he won’t like a fat chick." Dont let your insecurities keep you from living! He just may be interested and wondering if you'd be interested in him! It's crazy how we dont give ourselves a chance because we're too afraid to put ourselves out there.

It sounds like he's a great guy who is fun to hang out with! Maybe get a smaller group together and invite him. Smaller groups are a bit more intimate and will give you two time for a connection.

Good luck and remember, you are WORTH it!! Put yourself out there, you just may be surprised by the outcome! And if it doesnt work out, then that just means that someone even better is intended for you!

Good luck!!

Katherynn

Last edited by kitkatkitty; 10-28-2008 at 02:38 PM.
kitkatkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I always found myself attracted to the tall, thin and geeky guys. I even married one.

You may perhaps ask him out individually. Both my husband and I are shy people and it took him to ask me out.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I prefer chunky guys, so I personally dont get the tall skinny thing ... but I've always hung out with more guys than girls and I've heard a lot of talk. I've found that you really can't tell what kind of girl a guy is into by looking at him. Every guy has different tastes. And even though guys will talk about being attracted to thin, barbie-type girls when they're with their buds, you can't take that at face value. They usually try to impress their friends.
Just go with the flow. No sense in rushing things. Just assume he thinks your smokin' and flirt! Good luck!!!
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Go for it. It might or might not work, but that isn't about your weight. Unless you make it about your weight. If you worry about that, it will become an issue. So let that go! Give him a chance
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #7  
Kae

Thanks for the advice ladies.. I'm going to do my best to follow it.. just chill and have fun and see what happens.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #8  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Kae- I think you will get him . You are a very pretty girl!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/240/167

Height: 5'6

How exciting! A new love interest!

First of all, don't get insecure. I know easier said than done, but try not to feel bad or that you are not good enough. When you start hearing that lousy undermining voice, just say "Who says so?"

Kitkakitty has some good advice about going out as a group. That will help you better gauge how he is feeling towards you and if you like him.

Keep the e-mailing up. If you are up to it, after you have gotten to know him a bit more, ask him out. Go for it. He might be too shy to ask you out. If I would not have asked my man partner out, he never would have asked me out. I liked him to much that I just put my insecurities aside and asked him.

I love tall, nerdy, geeky, skinny or fat men.
aliciag57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

definitely go with the flow, just spend more time together, keep emailing, all that jazz. it sounds like he might be interested from what you are saying. if it were me i would definitely be thinking he was interested. don't let weight get in the way! most guys prefer women who have some curves! keep us updated!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254 / 229 / 154

Height: 5'6"

He sounds really nice, and maybe a bit shy. And you're cute as can be, so keep on flirting!!!
SeaSideSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

I'd say from the post it sounds like he is interested! Keep communicating & see what happens!
ClydieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #13  
Kae

Thanks ladies.. yr very sweet. And you've really helped to get my head back in the right place.. relax.. have fun... and screw the insecurities! I rock!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #14  

Height: 5'9"

Awww thats EXCITING
I remember that "new crush" feeling, it's been a while!.
I'm also one of "those" girls who prefer skinnier guys, over chunky guys.
Not boney skinny, but I'm just not into "meaty men". As if I should talk right? ha ha. Nah, we all have our preferences.
Ask him out for coffee or something!
I think the fact that he asked to ride with you in the car is a GOOD thing!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #15  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Oh! How cute!!!! I remember those feelings. I met my hubby online and was SO worried he wouldn't like me cause I was fat... I needn't have worried obviously

He sounds totally into you. I'm crossing fingers!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote