PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #1  
Kittyno

S/C/G: 212/190/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Metformin and jittery feeling?

Hi all,

I just had my dose of met upped from 500 to 850 a day. last night I took my first dose of it and I felt so jittery! This happened a little bit when I first started met, but nothing like this. I couldn't sleep, and I had a couple of heart palpitations, which were more like little "flutters." I think perhaps I had some type of hypoglycemic reaction. I got up and had a glass of milk and a mini peanut-butter cup, and felt a little better after about 20 minutes. I don't know if it made much of a difference, I was very nervous still but I was able to get to sleep finally. Anyway, I am still feeling jittery 20 hours after having taken the pill, and I have to take my next dose in 4 hours, and I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse than it was last night. I read that this is my body adjusting to the meds and the insulin differences, but I haven't read anything on this forum from people who have experienced similar symptoms. Has anyone else experienced something similar on Metformin, and, if so, is there anything I can do to alleviate these symptoms?

Knowing myself, I will feel a million times better if I can just get a few replies from people, saying they've had the same experience on Met and they lived to tell about it :-D
kittyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

not me sorry. Maybe you should call the doctor just to make sure you aren't having some type of reaction? Just a thought.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #3  

Red face Oh the wonderful side effects of met!

Hey Kitty

I had a similar issue when I increased the mg of Metformin I was taking. It felt the same as when I first started taking it originally, just really jittery and like my heart was beating too fast. I gave myself a few days and the feeling went away, as my body adapted to the new dosage. I'm pretty sure it is just a normal side effect...but listen to your body, and if you really feel like something is wrong, definitely call you doctor - better safe than sorry. Take care, and good luck!
Katiedid203 is offline   Reply With Quote