Snacks - Phase 1 - cheese crackers

View Full Version : cheese crackers

rdw1
10-25-2008, 11:52 PM
SO, if you are craving something crunchy here you go!
If this has been posted before sorry- I just saw the garlic bread one under here and it is similar but this is a bit more simple
Take a ppiece of parchment paper and take 1 string cheese and cut into 8-10 slices. space about and inch apart on parchment paper and microwave for 1-2 minutes till they brown and stop sizzling quite as much. let cool and munch away!

I found that it seems that 1 cheese stick is more filling this way :) and its great if you are craving a crunch!:carrot:

wonderlin
03-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks for this idea! I was SOOOO craving something crunchy today and this was so easy and hit the spot! This is going to be a regular for me (and it really does make one cheese stick last longer and seem like more!)

Linda :)

Midnight Heart
04-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks so much for posting this, so simple but so satisfying!! - a great snack for those on phase 1 - I've just started the SB for the 3rd time and i am so greatful for these shared ideas, it makes it more interesting! :)

I eat cheese strings for snacks, but would much rather eat them this way after just trying them! :)

jlh88
06-13-2009, 01:01 AM
omg this is the BEST recipe EVER! I'm such a cracker person and this satisfies the salty snack lover in me

kleo
08-01-2009, 02:50 PM
These are amazing! Way better than I expected them to be even after reading the good reviews. I made them last night when I was watching a movie and dying for popcorn. Thanks for sharing!

TinaTiny82
09-22-2009, 09:28 PM
A....MAZ....ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crunch factor is hard to find in this diet and these were perfect! I sprinkled a tiny bit of creole seasoning on them before putting them in the microwave and they were awesome:) Thanks so much!:D

KDHW
09-22-2009, 10:59 PM
these sound amazing and I cant wait to try them!!!

Me Too
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
tried it, love the crunch, i sprinkled them with garlic powder, would be great with a salad too.
thanks

tigerkt2007
01-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I made these, and they are great! I cooked them too much, but now I know for next time! I love the idea of putting some seasoning onto them!

Mmckellen
01-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Unbelievable. I was literally searching for the how-to on these about 15 minutes ago. Yay!!!! Definitely having some of these with my wine tonight!

tigerkt2007
01-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Unbelievable. I was literally searching for the how-to on these about 15 minutes ago. Yay!!!! Definitely having some of these with my wine tonight!

That sounds like a GREAT pairing!! Too bad I am under the legal drinking age for a few more months! We'll see if my Dad will give me some haha. Also, I'm still on phase one...so bummer.

I was thinking how handy these "crackers" will be during the school day. I don't have time to eat a real lunch, and I could make these quickly in the morning and pack them with me, along with my celery and baby bel cheese. :chef:

tinkin3
01-30-2010, 10:32 AM
These sound fantastic. Has anyone made them in a traditional oven? I live in the dark ages, without a microwave OR a dishwasher. The horror!

Just Do It
02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
JI have just completed phase 1 of Atkins. Can you tell me what the advantages of SB over Atkins ?

greyhoundindy
02-17-2010, 08:20 PM
These are great! Really hit the spot for crunch..Thanks

aphrodite
03-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Um, mine just keep running together into one big puddle of melted cheesy goodness.

Which I am okay with, believe me, just a little inconvenient to eat.

Thoughts?

RiverGirl
05-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I love these... especially with hot salsa (sugar free of course:D)