Old 10-19-2008, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Default My introduction and commitment post

So I am going to do the whole introduction thing. I am an almost 22 year old wife/student. I have struggled with my weight since I stopped sports in high school and then got married and they just seemed to pile on. When I started this journey I was 214 and at 5'2 that isn't something that is healthy. I am not trying to lose weight to get skinny (nice side effect though ), but to be healthy and to be able to do whatever I want and not let my weight or unfitness hold me back. Also I am moving somewhere new next year and I hate being labeled the 'Fat Wife'. I'll will be married for 3 years in Dec. DH is a Soldier and currently in the Sand Box and I want to look hot for him when he comes home.

I am not on any set plan. I just want to burn more than I eat and get fit! I ordered a Sensewear after reading all the posts on here about it. Ok on to the commitment vows.. lol

1. Do at least 60 mins of exercise 6 times a week..
2. Watch everything that goes into my mouth.
3. Log my food in a journal
4. Not to stress eat..

Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

GOOD FOR YOU!!! YOU CAN DO IT! Seriously always log in, at least twice a week, it helps. This is such a great support team! My advice would be to pick up the book The Fat Smash Diet from your local library, it gives you great information on healthy eating and really helps. Try phase 1 its awesome, never heard of someone not losing!

jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Whoo, woman, you are intense. 60 min 6 times a week, and you're gonna be smokin' in no time!

I find a really really helpful way of "watching what goes into my mouth" is to plan in advance what I'm going to eat. Work really hard at finding healthy, or low-calorie foods that you really love, so mealtimes are still a good thing, instead of a, "Man-I-don't-want-to-eat-this-rabbit-food" type ordeal.

Any diets I've gone on that have been super restrictive have NEVER worked, because you just can't keep them up forever. I was talking to a friend the other day, and she gave me really (kinda obvious) but GOOD advice...

She said, instead of restricting what you're having to an insane degree, and cutting out a ton of food groups... you should simply start adding healthy foods into your diet. Commit to having one green or leafy vegetable for each lunch/dinner, commit to having fruit every morning with breakfast.

I've been trying to adhere to adding these veggies to my meals STRICTLY... the other day I was craving fast food like there's no tomorrow. But when I stopped and contemplated the fact that I was committed to making myself seasoned baked brussel sprouts to go with whatever I had for dinner... the image of myself munching down a hamburger and french fries with brussel sprouts on the side kind of brought me down to reality. The brussel sprouts made me want the rest of my food to be healthy as well.
I wound up having chicken and rice and my brussel sprouts.

Anyhow, I don't have any idea why I just rambled for so long. Probably in avoidance of finishing my novel for my British Imperial Culture class. MY POINT was... GOOD LUCK! And ! Like Jill said, hang around often, it's super helpful.

...there are an awful lot of soldier's wives on here... is like.. one in every five husbands in the U.S. a civilian, and the rest are overseas, or what??

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-19-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome! I don't plan on being super restrictive in the beginning, more of a lets change one thing at a time. I am starting with no fast food for a while and then moving to another goal and another. I do love working out most of the time and if I get into a rhythm/habit I usually do fine. Key word usually lol.

I don't think 1/5 is civilian and the others are overseas. lol
Old 10-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Lol, I know, I was exaggerating.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #6  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Welcome! You have a lot of motivation . I wish you all kinds of success with your weight loss and I hope to see your posts often.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome! I've found that these girls have taught me so much about how to be healthy and live a healthy lifestyle. It's great having people that are going through the same things you are everyday and they can give you encouragement and motivation when you can't find it yourself. For once, I'm excited about my choices, not trying to rush my weightloss, and its working out great. (I actually forget to weight myself on my weigh in day quite often)I hope the same success for you! Good luck
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Best to you on your quest...my only advise is to remember there will be times when you gain due to the muscle mass your building. Again, best to you!
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Well as suggested you should add come to 3fc to your list of weight loss things. It sounds like you are off to a great start. You will find a ton of support here, everyone is wonderful. With proper dedication I'm sure you can do it
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

My husband is also deployed and I'm trying to look hot for when he comes home, too!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #12  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

welcome....
great to see such a commitment....
youll be there in no time!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #13  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm working overseas for themilitary and am trying to look hot for when I go home to see the BF next! Good luck to you in all your weight loss efforts (although we both know luck has little to do with it!)...
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #14  

Thanks chicks. So for the first few days have been eating clean and have worked out! whoo hoooooooooo lol.