Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Help!!!

Okay so here is the deal, I've been at school for 3 weeks now and I haven't spent much time with this one friend of mine. So we are planning to do something tonight, the problem is she REALLY wants to go to our favorite Indian restaurant, the one we used to go to together all the time last year. The thing is, I'm pretty positive chickin tikkamasala, naan bread and basmati rice aren't going to keep me OP. I tried to talk her into going somewhere else but she's pretty insistent we go there. I really like the restaurant, but I'm worried I won't be able to control myself when that hot basket of naan bread comes out. Advice? Anyone?
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It seems to me you should go to a restaurant that you BOTH want to go to. It should be mutually agreed on.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #3  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Why is Naan bread so bad? It's just a kind of bread with herbs and stuff, isn't it? (As long as you don't bathe it in all kinds of fatty sauces...)

When they don't have much stuff that fits into your diet in that restaurant you could stick to smaller portions. Or exercise more they day after / before to make up for it. Or take less snacks than you would usually do. My dietist told me that you can compensate for events you have to go to in these ways. It's important to do something you like every once in a while and as long as you don't do this every day it won't mess up your diet.

Maybe you could take a walk with said friend before going to the restaurant? Or make a pact that you won't order any sides to stay OP. It's easier to practice self-restrain when you do it together. It is possible to fit these kind of things into your diet without having to feel guilty about it. It takes some planning and practice, but you can do it. Good luck!
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote