Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221.5/189.5/170

Height: 5'7''

Default I just keep coming back...

Hey! I'm a fairly brand-new member, and I'm planning to rejoin Weight Watchers this week (starting on Points tomorrow though!). For once, I'm not continuing the cycle of join, lose 5 pounds, gain 6, get too embarassed to come to a meeting, quit, rejoin 15 pounds heavier...

I have actually lost a little over 30 pounds with another weight loss program. However, I'm starting to have two problems: First, the program included appetite suppressants (which I know aren't encouraged on this site). I liked them at first, but now I'm convinced that I've become tolerant to them; also, I've done a lot of reading about long-term use, and that is not what these pills were made for!

Second, the program only encouraged calorie-counting, but the other day I compared Points to calories and found out that there's a reason WW counts fat and fiber as well!

I already know the WW plan pretty well, so it should be an easy transition. I have 20 more pounds to lose, and I MEAN to do it! So wish me luck! (Wow, this was really long...)

Last edited by collegegirl09; 10-13-2008 at 11:38 PM.
collegegirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi collegegirl! Best of luck this time around, you can do it! Stick to it even if you see a gain once in a while, the WW people would rather see you there with a gain than dropping out!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Good for you for deciding what you want to do with your life! Weight Watchers is great! I know you can do it! Just keep your brain on the goal! It always helps me when I start to fall off the wagon to read a weight oriented book.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Lots of luck Collegegirl. WW is a great program, it teaches you to live with real life situations and succeed. I agree with Jill- reading some weight loss material (WW magazine is good for that!) or a weight loss book is one way to stay motivated! How did your meeting go?
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Yay WW is a wonderful program afterall. Good luck!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221.5/189.5/170

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECmom View Post
Lots of luck Collegegirl. WW is a great program, it teaches you to live with real life situations and succeed. I agree with Jill- reading some weight loss material (WW magazine is good for that!) or a weight loss book is one way to stay motivated! How did your meeting go?
Well, my meeting was yesterday, but I didn't get to stay this time. The meeting starts at 12:15 and I have a class at 1, so yesterday I hurried back to campus. But I think I can time it so that next week I will get to stay!

Thanks everybody
collegegirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #7  
former blabber mouth

Hi Collegegirl!
Guess you are a newcomer to WW! Did you know that you can attend more than one meeting a week? Of course, you have your "home" meeting- but if there are any others close by you can attend one or any that week with no additional fee and no additional WI. Sometimes that second meeting is just what you need to keep things honest! Did you weigh in?
ECmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote