Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #1  
former blabber mouth

Default How do I get my momentum back?

I have been on WW for a long time- and put some of the weight back on. I do still attend meetings, but my momentum is gone- just can't seem to find my focus! Any ideas? Thanks so much.
ECmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

It's never easy to keep up momentum. You gotta push through as with anything else in life - I find bribery works well for me! Yep, shopping is always a treat but another post listed getting a charm bracelet and buying a new charm everytime you reach a goal. Do you have a buddy you can go out walking or go to the gym with? If you don't, follow the theads. I'm new to this site though it appears that at the beginning of every month they have a "walking" challenge-you try to walk 50 miles in a month (I'm signing on for that one November). If you need a buddy-I'll be there for you- and I can tell ya now, I won't be the only one.

When your down and out-here's the place to be - when your exhilarated at your first accomplishement and really need to feel that "way to go girl" feeling- here's the place to be...

What's your goal?
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #3  
Starting Over After Baby

S/C/G: 193/193/143

Height: 5'6"

I find that when I start to lose momentum and veer off course that I need to read a bunch to get my perspective back. I read through my Beck Diet Solution book, re-read my WW materials, read the success stories online or in the magazine, look at my before pictures and compare them to where I am now, remind myself that I am getting healthier as I progress in this journey, remember that there will be bumps and lulls in the road and that I need to just work through it and keep moving.
cathochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #4  
former blabber mouth

Thanks Jessica and Chunky (gee, I feel awful calling you that!)
I appreciate your comments......very much!

I will go ahead and re read my materials- and I have started picking up some of my WW magazines to see if I can relight the fire. One part of program I do great at is walking, I can always squeeze in a workout.

Chunky- where in NJ do you live? I am about 10 miles north of the NJ/NY border. Great weather for walking these days! And I would be happy to keep in touch with you here- what thread are you usually on?

Jessica-you are getting awfully close to goal! How have you managed to keep yourself motivated- although I guess you answered that before.
Do you attend meetings?

Gotta go back to work. Thanks again for replying.

Last edited by ECmom2; 10-14-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #5  
former blabber mouth

Well, I am back chatting with myself, which is I am rather good at.
If I can manage to keep myself undercontrol for the rest of the night, I will be within my points range. I am hoping to sneak in a short walk (already got a one mile walk in) to keep me out of the kitchen.

Chunky, you asked about my goals. I really would like to get to 148#, which means I have 26# to lose. It has been a long journey of ups and downs for me. And BTW, I am 5'5- actually 5'4 1/2.
Have a great nite!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Gonna go find a thread for me to hang out at! Got my old name back, so I will no longer be using ECmom2.
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #7  
Starting Over After Baby

S/C/G: 193/193/143

Height: 5'6"

Every new decade is a struggle to keep motivated. I'm really excited at first, then I bounce around within that decade for a while, then I move on and pick up again. The Beck Diet Solution book and reading about other's successes really help me refocus. Some days I would like to just say, "Okay, I'm done!" but I know I can't have an "I'm done" mentality because this has to be change for life, not just a temporary fix. So I keep plugging away. One thing that has helped is to relax about how quickly or slowly I reach my goal. It's a long-term process.

Day-to-day I just try to stick with what I know with my food choices (oatmeal, yogurt, smaller portions of family dinners that I make) and say No Choice! about exercising (part of the Beck book--put exercise mentally in a category that you don't give yourself a choice about, just do it anyway like daily grooming, household chores, etc.).
cathochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #8  

I just sent you a private message; not reading the beginning of this thread and realizing that you started it!

I know how you are feeling...I had been doing really well, had lost about 50 lbs, and have been maintaining since April. I think I've been just getting lazy and assuming that I will just keep maintaining...and I've gained about 5 lbs this month! UGH! It's not even the holidays yet!

I definately need to find a new thread to post on and get the momentum going again. Maybe you and I can get one going again? The old "supporting" one helped me so much, but it has died...I don't know if it can be brought back to life again.

Tomorrow I am taking a grocery shopping trip and be on a mission to fill the kitchen with healthier, ww friendly foods. I am going to get back to measuring out portions, and making healthier dinners and not looking to eat out so much. I also want to start focusing on adding more fiber rich foods to my diet. I know that I need to start menu planning again...if I don't go in with a plan, I know it is harder to make it through the day and be successful.

Glad to have caught your name quick on here...let's try to get something going again?
mpaigew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #9  

I too need to get motivated and get back on the ww wagon. Maybe I will go read my material. I have to do something.
Ann
AnnCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

i'm in the same boat. i fell off track while finishing grad school and now i have no excuse not to be on course, but i just can't seem to get my head in the place it used to be. i had a very good experience my first time around, but i don't know what is going on now.. i'm trying though! good luck!!
kittenwhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote