Old 10-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #1  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Friends and Losers Thread Oct 13-Oct 19

Hi friends.

Barbara ...I am thinking of you and your family.

Jillian........how wonderful to hear your baby for the first time I love your DH

Well.......this is another manic monday....but we can all do this. So far, so good........keep it up everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hey Guys!

We finally got internet turned back on! Lots has happened since I was on last. I never did hear anything from the Jail about the Jail Deputy job. But applied for a position with the local police. I went in for the written test and scored an 84%. you have to have at least a 70% to pass. from there I went on to the interview portion. two different interviews with two panels of people, the first with civic leaders and the second with 7 police officers. and the third step was the Physical agility test, or PAT. the process started with 56 people. 6 of us woman. after each of these steps I am now ranked #7. there are only 19 of us left and only 2 that are woman. (the other woman is ranked #1 at this point!) the next step is the background check, polygraph, drug screen, etc. all the security stuff. assuming I pass all that, I would then be sent to Police Academy in March.

Other than that....... (psst.... check out my ticker!!!) I have to get my but in shape to go to the academy. the other big thing was........ I turned 40 yikes.....

I am going to really try to get on more now and catch up with all my old chicks.

Barbara so sorry to hear about your niece. My prayers are with you and your family.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lettie- Holy cow! You have been dang busy. Good luck with all of that, how exciting!

Nicole- I hear ya! It was back to reality here for me. Coming home from vacation sucked except that I was able to get my dogs out of the doggie hotel.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. where is everyone at today?
anyways..just thought i'd stop by and say hi. i'm still sooooo tired. feeling 100% better morning sickness-wise, but still pretty exhausted. i really want to start exercising again, but just can't get myself up at 5am to do it..and the evenings are too busy. so..once i'm 14wks and into the 2nd trimester, i'm gonna start getting up and doing at least 15mins on the elliptical and working my way up from there.
my first dr appt is on friday finally. i'll update more after that!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

I am in my second week on my life change...did well on my first week and hired a trainer for I've seen enough Biggest Losers episodes to note that week 2 is a killer. As for the major excitement - I, at 46, finally have a paved driveway-lol...figures, now that I'm serious about losing the weight I won't be shoveling! My husband and I thought we could do some home re-modeling and discovered we were wrong-the DIY channel makes it look so easy! I'm planning to have painted walls and furniture in the living room by the end of Nov-we work too much. That which does not kill us only makes us stronger-lol!

Congratulations - Jillian

Good Luck Zambejaly
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lettie, Wow... You are looking great, and down 34 pounds. So exciting about the possible job in law enforcement. I think if you can handle 5 kids, you can probably handle a few law breakers.

Katie, I'm glad that the trip was nice.

Thanks so much for all the condolences. It turns out that you can die of epilepsy. If your seizures are not under control, you can get something called Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy, which is what killed my niece. A seizure just caused her brain to shut off that heart beat and breathing thing. We had no idea that you could die that way. Other than the hand full of seizures that she has had in her life, she was perfectly healthy.

Anyway, we are going up to the Seattle area where my sister lives on Wednesday and Thursday. My DD will be able to get off school and come with us. My mom and dad only had 3 grandchildren which is not so many when there were 4 of us kids. Now just 2 left. I have a feeling that every living relative there is going to need to hug my DD and nephew about 10 times.... I know that I just HAVE to hug my nephew about that many times, and he is going to not like it. Life is so fragile...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #7  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

I haven't been on lately but wanted to post my weigh in results after week one. (6.6) pounds gone. WooHoo
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #8  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Hello all.

Barbara - I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. How devastating. My prayers will include your family.

Lettie - You look Amazing. Congrats and Good Luck on the law enforcement.

I just can't stay committed to eating right on this plan. I am back up over 150 today. I have no willpower. I want to be smaller, but I just keep putting things in my mouth that I know I shouldn't. Any suggestions for maintaining willpower? I guess I could post a BEFORE picture where I can look at it all day long. I will try that and see if it works/helps.

Last edited by aguerin; 10-14-2008 at 09:13 AM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #9  
Katie

Karen- Whohooooo!!! That is a great loss, way to go!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Barb - So sorry for your loss - I too have a 19 yo niece, I can't imagine the shock of losing her or my sister having to go through that.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #11  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Barbara- I am so sorry to hear about your niece. I guess we all need to be so thankful for every day. Please take care
We had our Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. I ate a little of everything including pumpkin pie but than I walked my butt off after dinner as otherwise I may have fallen asleep on the couch. I weighed in this week and was up a pound...so sad! I am going to excercise everyday this week as I leave for Mexico on Saturday. Walk walk walk....I might even go buy a weight system. My son is almost 16 so I am sure he would use it too.
Anyways, have a great week everyone,

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #12  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

LETTIE!!!! .......you are smokin' hot, girl!!!! WTG on your fabulous loss!!! I am just so excited to see you!!! What a process to work for the pd, huh? My mom went through all that many years ago.........it is worth it. She now works in Juvinelle Intake, in an office with only 5 other ladies.....and she just loves her job. She worked in the jail and then circuit court for many years first. I am so proud of you How are the kids?

Katie, Katie, Katie.....we have got to get our poop in a group, eh? We both know what works........just have to be willing to do the work. I worked hard yesterday.......and today, so far, so good.

Where is Kim?

WTG Karen.......nice work.

Dixie Amy.......I just love your new house I just looked at the picture again. You have great taste. You can do this........just one meal at a time. Simplifiy it..........have the same thing for lunch or breakfast every day this week. Sometimes just eliminating a tiny bit of decision making is all it takes.

Barbara.......how is DD handling all of this? I really feel for her.......it is going to be a rough week for her too. Good thing she has you

What up, Julie?

Good morning, chunky........what the heck is your name....I am bothered calling you chunky.........

Jillian.......take DS for a little walk today. It will make you both happy I can't wait to hear about your Dr. appointment.

Where is Dan?

And Kim?

So DH and I have always dreamed of opening a carmel shop.......and I am seriously thinking of doing it. Is that insane? DS will be 4 in a coule of weeks, and he could come with me to work. There are so many things to consider, and they (the county) do not make it easy at all to start a food business.......but DH is quite the business man......and I operated my own childcare business for 15 years..........and we make some kick a$$ carmel. IDK, it is just talk now.......but I think it might be a good fit.

Ok, have to get something done here today. I will check back later
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #13  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i'm confessing a prego craving i've been having since the subject of thanksgiving came up...
i really want some pumpkin pie. actually i'd love a pumpkin muffin with cream cheese frosting. seriously. i can't wait until thanksgiving. i think we're going to my parents house in NE and my mom made some really great pumpkin muffins from the recent taste of home magazine. i can't wait.

oh and my craving of the week: reduced fat wheat thin crackers with cocktail sauce on top. gross, i know.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #14  
Katie

Hey guys, wanted to point out that I changed my avatar to a picture of my new tattoo that I got in Sedona. Also, wanted to share a couple of pictures. The first one is of my daughters and my niece doing their version of meditating on the Airport Mesa Vortex. They were so funny and cute. The second is a picture of my favorite Vortex, the Kachina Woman.

Sedona 023.jpg

Sedona 032.jpg
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

I'm here! I'm here! Glad to know I'm missed...

We have some trauma and stress going on in life right now, so I haven't felt much like communicating.. More on that in a second..

Lettie!!! Fantastic job... You are looking great!! (I'd say "hot", but Liz may be lurking! )

Barbara.. So sorry for your loss. Like the others, we'll keep you in our prayers...

So back to my issues... Dieting has been a struggle, as emotional eating has been coming into play.. I haven't mentioned this, as I had hoped it wouldn't be an issue by now, but it's prolonging.. Liz recently lost her job and hasn't been able to find another one as of yet.. It wasn't because of the economy.. She just didn't fit in at her new job and was let go.. Other reasons exist, but none of them I find are very valid.. But that's life.. So she's been on a roller coaster trying to balance her self worth and getting the confidence to apply for a job more suited for her talents..

Luckily, we have enough money saved up for just this sort of thing, so we haven't had to make many drastic adjustments... yet...

Then on Saturday, during a particularly strong rainstorm, we found our roof leaks... Then yesterday, while driving me to pick up my car from a service appointment, Liz was rear-ended when the car behind us failed to stop in time.. No injuries to speak of and her truck only sustained minor damage. The other persons car (an older Camry) was totaled.. Let me take this moment to recommend the Nissan Frontier if you plan to purchase a vehicle any time soon...

Even though the damage wasn't major, Liz kind of lost it and had a meltdown.. It's been one thing after another (with some other stuff I haven't mentioned) and it finally boiled over the top.. Needless to say she took the rest of the day off, mentally, and a big bowl of popcorn came into play while we watched movies on the couch (I had the day off)...

Anyway, we've been good to a certain point, but the importance of watching what we've been eating has become, unfortunately, secondary...

Lettie's success should be an example to all of us who are struggling (looking at you, Amy, as well as myself!).. The words I imparted to you all last week (or was it two weeks ago?) hold true.. There are always going to be struggles, but if we do the simple things (like keeping crappy food out of the house (should have seen how much fruit and veg I bought this weekend), and don't stop at the gas station for snacks (took a personal victory this morning when I DIDN'T stop for a breakfast burrito), that will help us when we start to waver...

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote