Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #1  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Default Can I do this here?? Soda/pop Challenge

Who wants to start a soda/pop challenge. I am as of today trying to cut it out of my lifestyle.

I know it can't be good for you and can even stall weightloss.
Anyone up for the challenge?
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Great idea, Lisa. Count me in!

I drink a LOT of diet pop. I know I should be drinking water instead. I feel so much better when I'm not consuming all those chemicals.

Good luck!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #3  
Bringin' sexy back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis View Post
Great idea, Lisa. Count me in!

I drink a LOT of diet pop. I know I should be drinking water instead. I feel so much better when I'm not consuming all those chemicals.

Good luck!
Me too. We can do this. I figured I'd check in everyday and write how my day went. Please feel free to join me.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4weightloss View Post
I figured I'd check in everyday and write how my day went.
Okay, that sounds good to me, Lisa!

I did some yoga/meditation last night, and that put me in the mood for a little detox. Hopefully the mood will stick.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

I started a post a few weeks ago about soda and my love for it.
I went cold turkey and the 1st few days were hard but I did well soda free for 1 week-I had one(20 oz) this weekend-the 1st time for 7 days and it tasted soooooo sweet. As I've said before it's my drug of choice. So it's now been 2 days w/o soda in my system. I decided to treat myself to just one per week for my sanity, also we go to parties on the weekends so I need to leave room to indulge a bit. OK-good luck to all!!!
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I am so in. I need this. I've been great all summer, but the past two weekends I had a lot of Diet Coke. Out, Out, Da**ed Coke!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #7  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

count me in too--- i actually picked up drinking pop again about a few months ago and then drank a whole lot of it over the summer-- i've cut down a lot this past month or two --- but i want to keep it up
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #8  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'll hook up....but soda isn't the problem for me now that it once was! Pepsi, oh sweet love of mine, Pepsi. The first time I broke the habit, I really never went back to the cube-every-few-days habit. Now I drink any soda now and then just for something sweet, something cold or just something less "boring" than water....And it's NEVER good! I always feel garbage-y when I drink them.

But I wanted to join in to help kick the BEER habit! Bud Light and the bowling league every Saturday night is KILLING my efforts! Plus it isn't just Saturday nights! It turns into Football Sundays, Football Mondays (LOL ok, not every Monday, but my Browns are playing tonight!) and a cold one after a crappy shift. (funnily enough, I work midnights and if it is a really bad one, I come home and have one. DH thinks that is a problem....how is it different than working afternoons and having one at midnight!?)

For the record, I am NOT an alcoholic. Not even one in denial. I only have a few, but I'm finding that it's at least twice a week.

Oh and lately I've been drinking alot of Gatorade. I suppose calorie wise it's not too bad, 50 calories for 8 oz but the SUGAR content makes it practically a soda! So water, water, water for us!

Let's say what IS acceptable. Tea. Crystal lite. Flavored water (Propel? Aquafina Alive?) as long as they are below X number of calories. coffee. Anyone else?

Thanks for starting this....let's see....so far I am ONE hour on track. LOL I work midnights so sometimes the soda is for caffeine/staying awake. WAIT! Is sugar free Red Bull okay? Yes, I know we will all have to make our own rules. I'm gonna say okay for the SF Red Bull, it's only around 20 calories.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #9  
Bringin' sexy back!!

Day 1 FAILED. We went to a hockey party for my dd and all the had was soda. No bottled water
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #10  

It's okay, Lisa. Today is another day. You can do this!!

I managed to get through yesterday with no pop. I almost caved around 7pm. I was exhausted, and just wanted that caffeine pick-me-up, you know? I had a glass of cranberry juice and a big glass of water instead.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #11  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

I so very addicted to pepsi and mountain dew. I would drink 4 two litres a day or a 12 pack a day, depending on which was on sale.

When I quit drinking it I lost 70 pounds! (gained it all back, but wow!) Now I will drink a soda (can) maybe once a week, if that. Here in Germany, you should check the local stores in the foriegn food section, there is a 'soda' called Bio Drink. It is just carbinated water with some citras flavor. No sugar no caffiene and it gives you the fizzy yum of a real soda. I really enjoy it.

btw..When something is organic or all natural here, it is labeled bio.
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #12  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...chBox%26sa%3DN

Midway down the page is a picture of the bottles. I get the Citris flavor. I know this is in German, but now you know what it looks like, you can see if you can find it.
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #13  
Bringin' sexy back!!

I made it through yesterday
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #14  

Wow, Kati, what a great loss you had! Looks like you're on your way to losing it again... good for you!

I had another pop-free day yesterday.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #15  
~Millah

S/C/G: 212/112/130-140

Height: 5'10

Righto it's been 2 days for me. And so far so good. But I have been pounding down the tea like a beats though.
Expreso is offline   Reply With Quote