PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/HEALTHY

Height: 5"6

Default Problem that needs handeling...

Hello Ladies:

I am new to the board (about 2 weeks) and I am having an extremely hard time getting motivated to do ANYTHING. Cleaning, cooking, working out, etc.

Has anyone ever felt this way? I feel like I'm going mad.

I have the best of intentions but what good are they if I don't do anything about it.

I read a previous post about Depression and PCOD. Could that be it?

I am currently on an antidepressant, daily vitamin, and Metformin. I just feel like im in limbo and stuck but frantically reaching for the door knob.

I know that my health and my mental well being will be better if I get up and exercise but I just can't get my butt up.

I would love any feedback. I'm feeling alone and really would like some answers.

Thank you so much!
Inkabetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/214/140

Height: 5'7"

I am the same exact way!!!! About once a month, I go through this "phase" where I don't want to do anything. I have to make myself do something. I always feel bad for my lack of motivation. Once I make myself do something, I usually feel a little better. It's just making myself do it that's the problem
xraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #3  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hi Betty!
Don't go mad on us, we've just met you.
I just want to tell you that you are not alone.
I know that I have had days when I would get up for work late, pull on clothes that were on the floor, try to navigate my way through my messy home, stop on the way to work for coffee and breakfast, go out for lunch, and possibly dinner too. Most days I'd nap right after work and binge right until bed time. I'd smoke all the time, drink heavily and never, ever exercise.
In short, a health disaster really.
Unlike me you have good intentions.
I couldn't even put together why I wasn't slim. I thought it was unfair.
You are right about the exercise lifting your moods. Maybe you could start small. Baby steps. I found for myself that one little small change led to another and that led to another. I write down the exercise I do now so I can see I'm at least doing something. Anyways I'm rambling, I hope you have a good day!
Tam

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 09-26-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: rambling on and on
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Ink... try doing it the "Flylady" way! set a timer for 15 mins, and know you can stop after that! heheheh (personally never done this, but appearantly works for some.)

flylady.com
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #5  

Hi Tam & xray:

Thank you guys so much for letting me know I'm not alone. I joined this forum because it seemed like there was someone for everyone.

I actually got up this morning, feeling better, and decided I am going to get dressed and clean my house.

Im also thinking about going out in the world today. My DH needs a few things for work so I told him I would get it after I picked the kids up from school.

My eating didn't start off good this morning, I had a sugar cookie, which I know is a big NO NO because of the diabetes.

HOWEVER, I am taking the boys and we are going for a walk around the neighborhood. Baby steps

Anyways, thank you for the encouraging words. Y'all are the best!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Good idea Loriann! I never thought about that. I will try it and let you know how it goes.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Ink... try doing it the "Flylady" way! set a timer for 15 mins, and know you can stop after that! heheheh (personally never done this, but appearantly works for some.)

flylady.com
this method works for me. it's great; i'm so lazy sometimes i tell myself i'll only do it for 10 minutes and it works especially when it comes to cleaning
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote