General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Unexcusable... NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

I was browsing the news and found this article... I'm furious at the DSS. With the reports from police it's very UNLIKELY it was any different when DSS showed up and "investigated" the reports of child abuse, now the girl is dead... Someone needs to answer some questions!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s..._troopers.html
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

OMG, so heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

I wonder when the true story will come out......
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #3  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I go to school near there. The town is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It's the half way point between Binghamton (where I go to school) and Ithaca and that's about it. Lots and lots of run down houses, closed up stores, all the jobs up there left about 15-20 years ago. It doesn't really surprise me that this sort of thing happens up there.

The only thing that saved Binghamton is the University there and the only thing that saved Ithaca is Cornell (although Ithaca is a beautiful city and sort of a hippie haven as well). Upstate New York is really in the toilet.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #4  
Determined to lose!

While the job market is down in Fingerlakes region, I still believe it's a decent state, ok, PRETTY (where I live) but NY needs to force NYC to become it's own state, then our taxes would make it easier for businesses to stay here instead of relocating!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #5  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i read another article that said a neighbor reported them to the DSS and they told her that they met all their minimum requirements - shelter, one meal a day, and medical insurance.

this is very sad, and my sick mind can't help but think she's in a better place now. i really don't know how the whole story can be any worse then the one i'm imagining right now.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #6  
carinna

carinna is offline   Reply With Quote