General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #1  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Default Is anyone tired of Santa already lol

I have made 20 of these sets of hook rugs for early christmas presents. Everyone seemed to want one this year. I am tired to seeing Santa lol.

A. I am never letting anyone in my house again lol. They want everything I make for myself.

B. I am going to tell everyone I have broken both of my hands starting September 1st. That way they will stop putting in requests at the last minute.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-17-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Fun decor for the holidays
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Nice rugs! I'd be tired of Santa if I'd made 20 of those too! Lol. Which reminds me... I need to start crocheting snowflake ornaments!

Has anyone else noticed that all the stores have Christmas stuff up already? I'm so not ready yet! I don't even want to think about Halloween.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that all the stores have Christmas stuff up already? I'm so not ready yet! I don't even want to think about Halloween.
Where are you? I haven't seen Christmas stuff in stores yet (once we get closer to Halloween it starts creeping in, first the yard decorations, selling them early makes a little sense for people who want to get them up before the snow flies, and then the ornaments and stuff)

09.17 ETA: spoke too soon, just last night on one of our 10:00 news was a piece about Christmas stuff in the stores already: blaming the excessive Xmas creep on the iffy economy.

As for Xmas creep in general, maybe the media and entertainment have something to do with it? A touring company of the Rockettes Christmas show will play here in early November and the local TV stations are playing ads for it now: I don't ever remember national touring holiday shows until just a few years ago: before that if you wanted to take the family out to a live show the local Nutcracker ballet and choral concerts were about the only game in town. And Christmas movies have to start opening around Halloween if they want a chance of running up a decent box-office take in the limited window until the week after the New Year

Further ETA re Xmas movies: Robert Osborne on TCM one time said that in the 1940s movies that actually centered around Christmas (as opposed to having a small part of their action taking place at Xmas: Miracle on 34th St. is an example of the former, It's a Wonderful Life of the latter) were fairly rare, and I don't know if he actually said it or I mentally extrapolated it but it was because of the way movies were distributed at the time, premiering in a few theaters in big cities and then very gradually fanning out to neighborhoods and smaller towns so that if they were successful they would be in theaters for at least 6 months. Thus a film that opened at Christmas would reach its peak distribution in spring and a film that hit its peak around Christmas would have opened in the summer: Miracle on 34th St. actually opened in May! So maybe we should thank goodness for small favors?

Last edited by ANOther; 09-17-2008 at 07:03 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #5  
Rennie

Thank you. Haven't seen any christmas stuff out yet. Is nice when the outdoors stuff is put out a bit early. Right after Thanksgiving many like to get their outdoor decorations out before it gets to cold to want to do it.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

My husband is freaking out because I have already started my Christmas Shopping and have boxes lined up and labeled with names ready to be wrapped and distributed. When you each come from a family of divorced parents that have remarried you have alot of presents to buy.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year! As soon as November 1st hits, I put up my decorations and get in the christmas spirit. I live for Christmas.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #8  
Rennie

Oph
lol I have my christmas shopping done by Oct 4th. This year I had it done a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
Where are you? I haven't seen Christmas stuff in stores yet (once we get closer to Halloween it starts creeping in, first the yard decorations, selling them early makes a little sense for people who want to get them up before the snow flies, and then the ornaments and stuff)
I'm in New Mexico. We just moved here. I even saw someone painting a winter scene on a window at Kmart the other day. We went looking for patio furniture and the entire garden center had been converted into Christmas. Ugh! It gets earlier every year. WHY???

Last edited by zenor77; 09-12-2008 at 01:30 AM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:36 AM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvja View Post
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year! As soon as November 1st hits, I put up my decorations and get in the christmas spirit. I live for Christmas.
I'm the same! Its my ultimate favourite time of year. havent seen any santas around yet though, i think that will all start in october
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #11  
Rennie

zenor
I agree. Something is taken out of the season if they have it going on year long. That is why santa and all that is so fun because it is suppose to be only a couple of months a year. If your birthday was celebrated everyday that wouldn't be fun either.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

Just needed to add something to this thread. I have already officially started wrapping and sorting all presents into where they go to on Xmas day. You know we all have 10 houses to stop by.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Ha, I was trying to make myself wait until October 1st to start the shopping but I bought my sister her big present already. We have divorced parents so we are working on compiling a list of things to buy and setting a budget already. I just don't have the funds to shop all at one time. I love Christmas!

I am however, waiting until October 1st to put all my outdoor Halloween decor up.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #14  
Rennie

We are just now getting out in the garage and into the basement to get decorations coordinated. We have to decide how we want to decorate this year and this takes time lol.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #15  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i have one only a couple presents left to buy....
something for me mam and one of me best mates....
November 21st starts my countdown to christmas....
dinner dance, followed by my birthday n then all the festivities....
i absolutely LOVE it....

i put on half a stone last christmas....
i shant b doing that this year!....

Last edited by sh3l5; 09-28-2008 at 02:43 PM.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote