Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default There are things about my life right now that just makes me sad and anxious...

This weekend we are going through the items my mother left for us....reopening my art stuido...my daughter and her husband being stationed somewhere OTHER then here.

*Sigh*

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

hang in there, angel! This will be a hard time, but you'll get through it!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:41 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Big hugs from me toots

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ang lives are scary and tumultuous but we can do it!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

ya know - this really ties in with some stuff i've been thinking about recently - we all know life can be hard. miserable in fact. and we all remember how we've dealt with it in the past - by stuffing all those emotions down with food. and now we can't do that.

we're not comfortable with this, are we???? nope. we're sure not. but i'm also starting to realize that the bad feelings- the being upset, the crying, all the frustration, the fear - THEY'RE NORMAL REACTIONS!!!!!

what hasn't been normal in the past was what we did with these emotions. we did everything possible to make them go away, and look what happened!

so, for all of you [well, AND ME as well!!!!! i'm still homeless, and on disability which hasn't gone through the system so i'm not getting $$ from work, and so on!], we're finally having NORMAL RESPONSES to these NORMAL FEELINGS [even though we're really miserable in the middle of them!].

so, i'm seeing some hope in the middle of all this chaos. NORMALCY!!!! or something like it. stay strong, girls. we can get through ALL OF THIS!!!!!

Last edited by jiffypop; 09-12-2008 at 11:33 AM.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh Ange and Jiffy

Ange: You are opening your studio again??!! I think that is exciting. You are creative and can teach, so you need a studio. How about Salsa and Art studio. Going through your mother's things is heart wrenching, I KNOW!! Hugs to you.

Jiffy: Are you off work because of your "heart" episode? Where are you bunking? Where is your dog? Please keep well and safe! Hugs to you!

I'm seriously trying to get into a part time position in the evenings, for the money and to get myself back to working full time eventually. I've been out of nursing for almost seven years and the last grandchild will be going to school full time next year and I want to clean up some bills and things before DH retires. I'm anxious about all the new meds, equipment, new place of employment, new people, etc. I have to work evenings, because my grandchildren and others depend on me during the day and the evening work is a slower pace. I've applied to the State of Ohio for a license to be a Medicaid RN Provider and to work independently in the adjoining three counties. That makes me anxious. I first had to convince the state of Ohio that I wasn't a terrorist and didn't support a terrorist organization! LOL!! WHY ALL OF THIS? Because I can!

Anxiety is a normal part of life, like tears, sweat, the unknown, but it can only swamp you if you let it! It can harm you, if you let it! Am I anxious yes, but not over whelmed. My life is too short and I'm not going to let anxiety bring me down.

Last edited by nanj; 09-13-2008 at 12:19 PM.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

i'm happy to report that i've now moved into a lovely little townhouse [closed yesterday!!!!]. and the disbaility was indeed related to the heart episode - and this is a stress-related disability. and i'm planning to go back to work next week. the $$ will catch up with me - it's just that with the closing and moving and all, the cash would be REAL nice. i can cover my bills, but have to make serious choices about stuff for the new house.

angela and nancy - stay strong. we're normal here. and i'm rooting for you both!!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #8  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

angela, so glad to hear u are reopening your studio. i hope it goes well. jiffypop im glad to hear u found a place and that u are going back to work next week. and nanj, i just glad to hear your words of wisdom.
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote