South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Fun On the Beach

Sipping my coffee and watching for dawn's first light here. Another hot, sunny day is on tap for us before tomorrow's heavy rain. I have the morning off, and thinking of what I want to do with it. Curves first thing, though, and I may make a run to Trader Joe's. I have to work late again tonight, and I have no idea what to make for supper. I really need to get back in the habit of cooking ahead on weekends, I've been slacking off on that over the summer and it's been getting me into trouble. Since tomorrow's supposed to be a washout, I should plan a cook-a-thon.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #2  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning, Cottage!

It's still hot and humid here, and I don't feel much like cooking. Today I have a couple of appointments, and some chores.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage - I have to work late too . (I had already boiled a chicken earlier this week...so it's mexican for us tonight...quesadillas/tacos, whatever)

Belle and others to follow - enjoy the day! TGIF!

Me - Wow, what a week! Both kids had stomach flu on Tuesday, DH had it yesterday. I think I messed with it, but didn't actually get it...yeah!! (or at least, I hope!) Since DH was a little incapacitated, I had to pick up the kids and bring them to work...imagine that fun!! Especially with the recently clingy daughter!!

But today is a new day...I'm thinking of bringing DD out to breakfast, then some errands, then work out. Go to work at 2. EWWW -- and I just remembered - I'm on call all weekend...hope it's slow!

I must admit...last couple days...I've been eating like a PIG!! All beachy stuff, just WAY too much of it. Dunno if it's nerves, or those darned horror-mones (HIGH suspicion!!). I gotta kick that bad stuff soon!!

Have a good day, everyone!!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Good morning all.

Twynn, glad to hear it was just a 24 hr bug! Have fun with DD this morning!

Hi Belle!

Cottage: I also need to get back on track. This week with not feeling well I haven't been eating what I ought.

So went to make coffee last night and, sigh, broke the decanter! I went to put the decanter on the counter not realizing there was a glass there and broke both the decanter and the glass. So I was pleased to find out bed bath and beyond was still open so I headed to town to get the $25 decanter replacement! I swear it's outrageously priced! I'm gonna shop around for a stainless steel replacement. I have a ss coffeemaker so it'd match!

After going to BBY I stopped at the lake where Jade and I walked along the shoreline under the moonlit sky. It was nice, but I got ate up by those pesky little squitos!

Plans today are to clean out the car inside and out. Having two dogs in there the windows are looking a bit grody! And pay bills (anyone want to do that for me?).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

A hot day on tap here too. So hot I'm eating nsa muesli & greek yogurt because it's cool.

Cottage - A Saturday cook-a-thon sounds fun. Think I'll join you

Twynn- Sounds like a long week at your house. Hope the weekend is mellow.

LoriAnn- Hope you had coffee this morning. I have one of those melitas I use camping but makes a good emergency back-up for home. I cannot start the day without coffee.

Belle and everyone just getting up

It's an office Friday with a short side trip for an ultrasound in the morning. Apparently the unpredictable boss is back in friendly mode. We'll see how long that lasts! I can't wait until the weekend!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Cyndi, I sure did, made a special trip into town (it's a 20 min drive one way) for the decanter last night!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, it's Friday but I'm kind of feeling like, big deal.
I have yet to master the art of the leisurely weekend. Seems like the week flies by and I don't get everything done I need to, so I spend the first part of the weekend playing catch-up and the second part trying to get ahead for next week. We were kind of rocky this week with getting homework done on time and getting to bed early enough. All the activities are kicking in and I really need to hit my groove if I'm going to survive! Can you tell I've just started drinking my coffee, it really hasn't kicked in yet.

DD has been on a chef salad kick, so I just made her the cutest little mini-chef salad for her lunch box. Maybe some of my beachy habits are starting to rub off?

Have a great day Loriann, Belle, and Cyndi.
Twynn, I am horrory-monal too. I hate this TOM. I stay on plan but just want to eat everything in sight.
Enjoy your free morning cottage.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Chickies. Just checking in as I wait for my sister to wake up after our Girl's Night last night. Hersh has a bleeding tail again so I need to mop my kitchen floor before she gets down and is horrified. We are going out for breakfast and some shopping this morning. It's great to have a sister and I wish I'd appreciated her more when I was younger.

Back later to see what's happening.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #9  

Good morning. Rainy Friday here. It's hard to believe it was in the 90's 3 days ago! My son's class is going on a community-building field trip to Devil's lake to go hiking and climbing. I hope they have the sense not to climb, since the rocks will be wet, but they're teenagers!

have a good day, everyone.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies

Hooray it's Friday, I can't wait for the work day to end and it's just started. Been a loooong week but the weekend is even busier. It rained buckets yesterday all day we shall about today. Tonight is DS Football game, tomorrow taking DD2 to Disney on Ice and our town is also having a Festival this weekend which on Saturday DS and DD1 have to march in. Busy Busy.

Everyone have a nice day
Old 09-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Rebel - I grew up in Northern IL, and often went to Devil's Lake with the family...thanks for the memories!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Chicks, overcast here, looks like it could rain buckets at anytime.

Still having issues with the Volleyball coach and very calmly approached her lastnight after the game and asked if I might have 2 minutes of her time. She agreed. I then calmly (trying to give her the benefit of the doubt) asked her if there was something I needed to be aware of as to why my daughter was not allowed off the bench for 2 nights in a row. At that point she got all defensive and said she wasn't doing this with spectators around (which by the way I gave her every opportunity to walk away because there was a reporter present) and if I wanted to schedule a meeting with her and the athletic director I was more than welcome. Not the way I wanted to handle this, I am not trying to make this confrontational, I just want some answers but I guess I will have to play by her rules.

Have to help my SIL move this weekend, oh joy, this is going to be a HUGE project!

Have a great day ladies, I will check back later!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday!!!!

Rainy and a bit windy here today thanks to Hannah at least she won't have an impact on us like Fay just now we gotts look out for Ike goodness all these storms.

Tonights family dinner night and resturant of choice is Ruby Tuesdays so not to hard to be phase 1 friendly. Not much for the weekend just stuff around the house and church on Sunday.

Have a great day beachers and anyone in the path of Hannah be safe.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everybody! Just vegging a little while Tom gives Little Guy his bath. The cooler weather (and time just sitting around on vacation) has made me want to be Sally Homemaker lately. I'm having Tom pick 2 entrees and 4 side dishes that I found in all my recipe books, and get all the stuff for them at the store today.

The cooler weather has also prompted me to want to go through every article of clothing that we own and sort them by season, finishing all the laundry, and getting everything hung up and organized in the closets so clothes are easier to find.

Well, time to get started! Hope everyone has a good day!

Lisa
Old 09-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!! Happy Friday!!!!
Cottage - A cook-a-thon sounds like lots of fun. I'll have to remember that the next time we get a big rain. Have fun!

Belle - Try to stay cool in the hot humid weather today!

Twynnb - Sounds like you had a crazy week. Hopefully the "bug" is gone and everyone will be fully recovered by Monday.

Loriann - Sorry about your coffee pot. Glad to hear that you had a nice walk last night.

Cyndi - Glad to hear that boss lady is a good mood these days. I hope it lasts for a while for you.

Schmoodle - I hear you regarding weekends. I work all week and then on the weekends, sometimes we're so busy with friends and family that we end up with no time to get things together. I hope we can both find a balance and soon!!!

Ruth - How fun to have your sis with you this weekend. I totally agree with you about not taking advantage of having a sister when younger...but I think I needed to grow up more if I wanted to not kill her I hope Hershey's tail is ok!

Rebel - Are you new here??? I'm not sure we've met. Welcome to the chat!

Pearlrose - Sounds like you've got a full weekend. Stay sane and make sure to plan ahead regarding food or you'll easily find yourself off the wagon. Have fun!!

Stephanie - I think you did the best you could under the circumstances. Hopefully this won't turn too ugly, but remember she was the one who wanted to do this in front of the Athletic director. Good luck!

Gonnabe - Have fun at family dinner tonight!

ME - Last day of in-service....students start back up on Monday. And there's lots to do between now and then. I'm hoping to get it all done today.
DH and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow, so tonight we're going out to dinner to a really nice restaurant on the beach. I'm looking forward to spending a romantic night with my hubby. It's been a good 5 years!!!
Have a great Friday ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Lisa - missed you......Enjoy your last day of vacation!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 09-05-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Closed Thread