Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #1  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

Default Three days after I said I was starting...

Here it is, three days since I renewed my interest in weight loss. Hmmm, doesn't that mean I am supposed to eat less? Doesn't that mean I am supposed to exercise? Oh, wait, that first day, I rode my daughter's bike for about 15 minutes. I didn't lose any weight? How can that be?
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #2  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Be patient.

You didn't put the weight on in three days, and it sure won't drop off in three days either.

But.....Riding a bike, or doing any other type of exercise, for 15 minutes one day will not do anything for weight loss. If that's all you've done, then it shouldn't be a surprise that the scale hasn't moved at all.

Have you started a "diet" plan too? Counting calories, Atkins, South Beach, anything?

You must change your diet and get at least 20 minutes of exercise a few times a week to start making a dent in things. You may be able to lose weight by doing one or the other, but most people are not succesful long-term unless they incorporate healthier eating habits and a regular exercise program into their lives.

Good luck.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I think you're being ironic, beforeim35. Just rather tongue-in-cheek, eh?

What is your plan? Do you have one? It needs to be a bit more specific...

So, what are you going to do? Tell us your plan!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think I've had those "false starts" before too. It's kind of frustrating, isn't it?!

Know that you CAN start! Any idea why you're having trouble getting going? Overwhelmed? Don't have a plan? Don't like your plan? Or something else?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #5  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Three days after you SAID you'd start. DID you start? That's what it takes. How do you plan to start? If you're still deciding, there's lots of information in the forums on the various plans. When you're ready, you'll find lots of support here.

Last edited by WebRover; 09-02-2008 at 09:10 PM.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

I am in the same boat, fell off the wagon when I went on vacation and really haven't gotten back on yet. I keep saying tomorrow then tomorrow just hasn't gotten but I have gained about 4 pounds in the last month so it is time to get the butt back in gear, tomorrow....

Good Luck!
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #7  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Losing weight isn't necessarily something you "start" on one day, and just go from there. I "started" in mid-April by quitting my coffee habit. That led to a cascade of other changes, including quitting sugar at the beginning of May and movement to a whole-foods diet...over time. I have now lost nearly 40 pounds, and it all started with that one easy change.

So, even if you change just one thing today and start sticking to it...that has a lot of potential!
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #8  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

Too Funny!!!!!
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Yea, I've been there, done that. I don't care what anyone says, it does take motivation, will-power and a desire to lose weight...the desire to have the desire just doesn't cut it. It will never happen until you suck it up and suffer the consequences of your previous overeating actions. Nothing any of us say will make you lose weight if you don't have the internal drive to do it for yourself.

I have to say, since I started loosing weight, I have never once felt sorry for myself. I enjoyed all those fatty delicious foods for way too long. I did this to myself. No one shoved food down my mouth. I made myself fat, and I can make myself thin. I can't change the world. I can't make the world except fat, I can't make people stop making fun of fat, I can't change the health issues that come with fat...BUT I CAN CHANGE ME, and if you are mad enough, and sick and tired enough of extra baggage, then you will change too. I hope you will join me. Fat is not beautiful *on me*. Fat is Fat.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 09-04-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #10  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Losing weight ain't easy. But it can be done, if you work for it. Hang in there, you can do it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Yes, the key is...did you ever really start?? I had MANY false starts over the years but this time a picture of myself gave me the real start that I needed. Seeing yourself in a picture can give a world of motivation to your brain. Think of this as a journey...as a way to change your life... make gradual changes... and my key is - not depriving myself of endulgences... if I go to a bday party - I take a slice of cake but I adjust my eating the rest of the day. If I am going to dinner...that becomes my special meal of the week.

Last edited by didjaever; 09-05-2008 at 11:52 AM.
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #12  
Nature Photographer

S/C/G: 144.6/143/120

Height: 5'0

Red face Everyone is different

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeim35 View Post
Here it is, three days since I renewed my interest in weight loss. Hmmm, doesn't that mean I am supposed to eat less? Doesn't that mean I am supposed to exercise? Oh, wait, that first day, I rode my daughter's bike for about 15 minutes. I didn't lose any weight? How can that be?
first of all, note that everyone's body is different...some can exercise for little per day and lose up to 2lbs in that day. But I agree that 15 mins of riding a bike isn't going to make you lose weight.

In order to lose weight you need to eat properly...no fast food..no soda...eat more fish, it's low in calories and tastes great plus contains the omega3 fats that our body needs to get good carbohydrates...eat more baked or roasted foods, eat more veggies...drink more tea such as black tea, green tea, and with your water combine it with crystal light..it's calorie free and makes drinking water taste great.

Make a plan with your meals, schedule a certain amount of time during the day to exercise....walk a day, ride a bike a day...for instance...both my son and I took a 20 min walk, then splurged on ice cream, lol..and both went on a 30 min bike ride after that...I went from 144.6 to 143 on the dot...but I also watch my calories..I had 200 calorie breakfast, 110 calorie lunch...200 calorie ice cream, then burned over 300 calories with walking and riding the bike..i burned off two of the things I ate...they say for every 3500 calories burned you lose 1lb...add up the calories on a weekly basis and add up how many calories you burn per day...it can seriously add up.

I hope my advice can help you on your journey to losing weight. good luck!
findingmyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:39 AM   #13  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

It's almost two weeks later, but I am really ready to start this time. I bought the Lean Cusine meals that were on sale yesterday, I bought fruit and carrots. I started a goal list in Excel. I am going to do it this time. Even if it is slow and steady, two pounds a week will put me in a bathing suit by next summer. I am tired of letting my laziness take over!
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote