100 lb. Club - How about an attitude of gratitude to start the week.
08-25-2008, 06:58 AM
No matter where we are with our life, food, health or circumstances - there are always things to be grateful for.
Wanna share some to start the week out on a positive note? :)
08-25-2008, 07:08 AM
I'll start -
- willingness to try (to have sanity with food) It's almost 11 monthes that I've been been at this. It's a true miracle for me and I am so, so grateful
- I am a grandma! What joy! I'll see my grandson Labor Day Weekend.
- I got thru my very busy summer of working and performing every weekday. I have many physical concerns. With the help of my assistant (schlepper) Alexandra I was able to get 'er done. The children and adults loved the programs. I am very, very grateful.
- my wonderful family
- 3fc and all the information and other support out there in the www that helps me daily with my struggles with food.
08-25-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm glad to join in....
I am grateful for:
1. BeverlyJoy - for starting this thread - and reminding me that no matter how crazy life gets - there should always be time to take a minute to reflect.
2. My family - for bringing me such joy & love, by just being with them - and for loving & supporting me no matter what!
3. 3FC - for being an open forum to read, share, and not feel alone.
4. The Farmers Market - for bringing fresh, delicious fruits & veggies that I enjoy, and that are good for me.
5. The good people behind the counter at DD - who know my coffee - and let me get in & out before I make any bad choices!!
Have a great week, everyone :)
08-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm grateful for:
1. Family and friends who support me daily.
2. 3FC website for knowledge, support and a feeling of camaraderie.
3. My personal trainer who kicks my butt (in an encouraging way).
4. My willingness to do whatever it takes to reach my weight loss goal.
I'm greatful for:
Having a working body and mind, so that I CAN lose weight and achieve my goals.
3fc because is has been an awesome web of support.
My best friend for inspiring me and always putting a smile on my face :)
08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
What a great idea for a thread!! This should really put things in perspective.
There are SO many things that I'm grateful for... Hmm...
1. All the people in my life--friends, family, all you 3FC-ers (!), employers, neighbors, etc. I'm so lucky that my life has always been full of love and friendship. There's no way I could survive life if I were totally isolated from human interaction. I NEED people! Ha. My best friends are always there for me and I wouldn't change them for the world. I'm especially grateful for my siblings--I am so close with them and I love feeling that there are two people in the world who really, truly get me. That's so hard to come by! Also my dad--the older I get, the more I realize that I'm just like him, and I love it. Heck, I can even be grateful for my mom because knowing that she wants me to fail really motivates me to want to succeed!
2. Like spoz, a working body and mind that makes it possible for me to lose weight (I read that and thought... Yeah!) :) Though weight loss is all about the body, I'm especially thankful for my brain. It's gotten me so many places in life and I know I can always count on it.
3. My school. I have so much school pride it's ridiculous--I truly believe that I'm at the best university in the world (University of Chicago!! :D) and I love every minute of it. It's already helped me and changed me in so many ways, and that's just after one year! I'm so lucky to go there, and I can't believe that I still have 3 more years there. It's SO stressful and challenging, and pushes me to the occasional suicidal thought, but all in all it has been/will continue to be the most valuable experience of my life.
4. My voice. This is a bit of a selfish one, heh, but I do have a very good singing voice... Or at least I've been led to believe so. It makes me feel good to know that I have a real talent, and I love getting applause and having people tell me that I'm good, etc--just LOVE it. Also, it helped me get into an a cappella singing group at my school (one of my favorite things about school), where I met my best friend! It brings me lots of joy. :D
5. My iPod, cell phone, laptop, digital camera, etc... Yes I am very dependent on technology! Hehe. I know they're just material possessions, but I'm sure as heck lucky to have them. Especially iPod--I'm a music NERD and have gone through a record player, a walkman, and a discman in the past... I am amazed at the fact that iPods even exist!
6. My pretty blue eyes. This is another selfish one, heh, but I LOVE them. For a great part of my life, they've been the only body part that I truly liked. :o
There are many more, but I've written too much already! Maybe I'll come back and add more. This was fun. :dancer:
08-25-2008, 01:23 PM
that i can afford to send my kids to private school
my 4 year old considers me her best friend
my husband went out of his way to win me a shirt after we already spent too much money on games
that i got into my dream graduate program at a wonderful school
i have a new car
that being overweight can be something im focusing on; not how to put food in my kids' mouths
08-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I am thankful that I didn't strangle anybody when I had terrible PMS. (I wanted to, I reaaaaaaaaally wanted to...)
I am thankful I have a belly full of healthy food instead of junk.
I am thankful to feel pretty much in control right now and that the scale should start moving down again.
I am thankful for my sweet kids.
I am thankful for this board.
08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
This is time well spent. I only have a couple minutes before I gotta hit the road, but...
1. My Mother - for her support, love, and swimming pool
2. My Husband - for his support, love, and patience
3. My college grant - for taking some of the stress out of going back to school
4. Myself - for being willing to work to tear down the mental roadblocks to being happy
Clean air and water
That I live in a time and place where I was able to become fat.