The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Here it comes

View Full Version : Here it comes

vixjean
08-24-2008, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwvW_yeOBqs

modcat44
08-24-2008, 04:58 PM
OMG! Kinda scary! I've never watched a whole BL season--DH isn't "into" it. Bt hey, we have two tv's, and b/c I am signing up to do this challenge, I will be watching this one, for sure. I hope I can do this!

tater tash
08-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I cant wait! I always got teary-eyed when watching it at the gym, and I just did watching the preview!

vixjean
08-24-2008, 10:21 PM
tater - yeah I totally got teary-eyed as well. It looks like a great season.

MotoMichelle
08-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks for posting that! Season 5 was the first time I watched BL and I became an instant fan.

I love Jillian - listen to her radio show every week.

Can't wait for season 6.

chick_in_the_hat
08-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Yep - s'gonna be good. :cb:

iwmonn
09-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Feel the Fear? Do it anyway!

I love this!

LOL I'm tearing up too. OK, I'm blubbering. I've watched TBL since season 1. It's a great, motivating show for me. Yes, I realize I'm not losing at the rate of these courageous people..... but I'm doing it anyway :). And, yes I do consider them courageous. I sure don't think I would be able to put myself under the scrutiny of millions of people watching me. :yikes:

DH even started watching with me and he's also looking forward to another season!

Can't wait!

retiredone
09-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm totally rotted because I can't watch TBL on the 2 stations that we receive. I just might have to get cable or satellite so I can watch this. I'm signed up for this next challenge and can't wait for it to begin.

princesspeach
09-01-2008, 05:59 PM
you know what really sucks. that Ali WAS the biggest loser and the first female; because she got "eliminated" so to me unlike everyon else who stayed "in the game" she didn't. (so yay on her for sticking to it at home... but stll, yeah know?)

I am SO excited though
but it cracks me up how "surprised" these ppl because there are CAMERAS all around....

JA Fan
09-03-2008, 12:19 AM
This will be my first season to watch the show and I am really looking forward to it!

dkneec19
09-03-2008, 12:28 AM
I Can't Wait!!!!!!!

Dumplin
09-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

julie99s
09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm such a big, blubbering baby. lol
I can't wait either!

Amany
09-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Of the five or six seasons TBL has been on, I've seen a combined two or three episodes. I'm looking forward to this challenge though. It should be especially interesting since it involves families.

I am just so looking forward to this season! I am going through a very stressful time personally, so I need something like this challenge.

mollymom
09-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Am pretty new to BL but am wondering..was watching some rerun last night and it was a finale....and body fat lost was calculated into the equation. Is this fair to compare women to men using the same formula..I thought we naturally had a higher expected BF composition, and thus it was very difficult for women to reduce BF compared to men...or am I misunderstanding something!????:?:

Diva
09-06-2008, 04:56 PM
you know what really sucks. that Ali WAS the biggest loser and the first female; because she got "eliminated" so to me unlike everyon else who stayed "in the game" she didn't. (so yay on her for sticking to it at home... but stll, yeah know?)

No, I don't know. It was how they played the the game last time and she kept on doing it at home and EARNED her way back onto the ranch. She earned it and she deserved it 100%.

I can't wait for the show, but I tell ya if I had my choice of trainers, I'd chose Bob. He gets results, but he is also more sensitive to your person. If Jillian was in my face yelling at me like that when I feel like I am about to kill over, I'd punch her. :lol:

princesspeach
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
No - I know that... but still in a way it seems to me a bit un fair.(like if they did it before then yay). i'm not taking it away from her - because she truly was 100 percent committed to come back. (I was watching her on Ellen and she mademelaugh when she was liketelling the people when they were taking her to the car, I"m comming back to be the TBL and they were like uh.. you're ELIMINATED), but i never like the "you were eliminated; but you get to come back and oh yay! you win" angle. Don't like it in Survivor, TBL, any show. in my head once you'regone you're gone.(that's more what i'm quibbling about more than anything, the rules). :)

and Divai'm with you. I would want Bob rather than Jillian.

MotoMichelle
09-10-2008, 03:50 PM
I like Bob a lot and used to feel the same way: if I was on the show I'd want Bob.

BUT, after I started listening to Jillian's radio show I'd TOTALLY want Jillian as my trainer. She is so compassionate, but firm. She truly addresses both the physical and emotional aspects of weight loss.

I love that lady. :D

vixjean
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM
princesspeach- I agree, I hate when they bring people back. I have stopped watching survivor, but that drove me nuts! I was kind of disappointed that they took people back on TBL. Needless to say, Ali rocks!

Kristine612
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks for posting that! Season 5 was the first time I watched BL and I became an instant fan.

I love Jillian - listen to her radio show every week.

Can't wait for season 6.

Jillian has a radio show???? How can i listen to it??? that would be great!! I love this show because finally it shows the rest of america that it's hard to be fat, and there are things we encounter everyday that most people don't even think about. Does anyone know of a 3FC TBL challenge that is still open to get into??? I've never done one before, and i would really like to.

chick_in_the_hat
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
You can download podcasts of her show here (http://www.kfi640.com/pages/podcasting/). You can also listen live - she's on Sunday mornings 9-11 AM Pacific. Her page from KFI is here (http://www.kfi640.com/pages/jillian.html).

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
09-14-2008, 01:12 AM
love this cant wait for tuesday for the show to start

vixjean
09-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Cool, I will try to catch her radio show tomorrow, I am thinking of buying bob's book soon too!

lovnmom
09-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Chick In the Hat, thanks for those links!!!!

vixjean, Thanks too for the utube clip...going there now!

I totally can't waite for tonight. I've cleared my calendar. I've watched every season and am not always comfortable with the rule changes, but I wouldn't tune out for anything!!! Even DH got involved last season!!