Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/130/120

Height: 5'6"

Default Inspired today! MS walk

Today I was reading a magazine and read something about a 30 mile walk in D.C. that benefits multiple sclerosis research. my longterm boyfriend's dad has multiple sclerosis and it has been really hard watching him get worse over the past few years. I'm really inspired to join in an event like this! I'm just starting to get back into shape and I think this is such an awesome thing to train for that will really keep me motivated! There's a walk in Austin (my boyfriend's family lives in Austin so we're there a lot) in November that I'll definitely do! It's only a 5K though. I'd love to travel up to D.C. in September to do the big walk there though, it's longer and D.C. is beautiful! I'm not sure if I can afford the plane flight and plus I'm a busy college student.. anyway have any of yall ever done events like these?
Karaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #2  
carinna

What a great cause, and it's such a great way to get in shape while helping others. Go for it!!!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #3  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

yaaaaay! thank you so much for doing the walk. I have MS and I would do a walk if one ran within 400 km's of my city. It's really encouraging to have others support finding a cure

Last edited by valpal23; 08-22-2008 at 11:05 PM.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote