Old 08-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/215/healthy

Height: 5'3"

Default My Weightloss Coach Nintendo DS Anyone Out there use it

Hi once again I thought I would try this question at night. Has anyone used the My Weight loss coach for the Nintendo DS? I bought it but have yet to open it and the reviews I have read or good and bad. But the "testers" we're only using them for a day or so not real life like here. So if anyone has use it please give me some feedback.
Cashew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I thought about getting it too, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money on it... LOL Sorry I know I am not any help, but I am curious myself... Good question!
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:36 AM   #3  

I am thinking of breaking it open tomorrow. I figure even if it keeps me going for a couple weeks that is better than nothing and when I figure how much money I have spent on eating out the cost doesn't seem that bad. It might be the small kick I need to get the ball rolling.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Oh great! Let me know how it is. I may get it too!
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Height: 5'4"

I haven't used the Nintendo DS, but I've used the Nintendo Wii, with the balance board and I love that.

I haven't used it regularly enough to know if it really burns calories. It does make me sweat, though!

It weighs you each time, and keeps track of your weight for you. I've been going to the gym, but am meaning to start using this in addition for the extra and different exercises it gives. Plus I like the weight tracking But beware, it doesn't sugarcoat anything. It tells you (or at least, it told me), "Uhoh, you're obese!" At least it's really pleasant about it!

I don't know if the Weight Loss Coach is anything like the Wii, but if you have questions about the Wii Fit, I'd be happy to answer them!

Good luck!
Naia

Last edited by Naia; 08-20-2008 at 04:47 AM. Reason: talked about wrong product first
Naia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

I thought about getting this also, but didn't want to spend $40 and not like it.

Naia I have a question about wii fit. Can anyone else using it see your weight?
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #7  

I also love the Nintendo Wii with balance board. I do work up a great sweat with it.

Kelliegh - You can set passwords so no one can get into it. A major plus!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #8  

Ok now taking deep breath and breaking open the package. Will be back with more details.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/153/135

Oooh...I just got a DS and thought about getting this. I don't really know anything about it other than it's a Weight Loss Coach! LOL
KristanAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #10  

The Pedometer is included and plugs into the DS while it is on the big side for one it did get my step count right. Also I like the fact you just plug it in and the DS keep track of steps.
The Stick people that Coach you along are so cute and were doing silly things while I was doing what was asked. (I was asked to drink a full glass of water)
This "Game" states it's teaching babysteps to being healthy but I feel this would be good for all on their weight loss journey. Who can't use a reminder or a challenge to drink more water, walk another step or some form or fitness, Plus eat more healthy.
One sets their weight mine is 213 it will ask you questions about workouts and figure out what is best the same goes for food. Plus give trivia it does set a goal for me in 1 month to be at 207 but doesn't sound like the game explodes if you don't. It's based on rewards and the keep trying... I really think I'm going to love this. Its a nice little reminder and I'm happy I opened it.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

oh yes, I bought one last saturday and have been using it twice a day! i get my day started with it for my daily coaching session and goals and then before I go to bed I input my steps that day and which goals I completed so i think it's very cool and fun There are daily challenges you can pick from walking 10,000 steps to doing 15 jumping jacks, to taking a minute and washing some dishes etc.. it's all about improving your food choices and enviroment around them Also there are trivia games on there which if you score high you get new challenges to choose from etc... it also tracks your weight and bmi and food balance and extra exercise besides walking with the pedometer. I have to say the pedometer that comes with it was just too big and bulky for my liking so I am using the one I've had for awhile and you can just manually input your steps on there as well, but if you use their pedometer then at the end of the day just click it in your DS and it does all the work for ya Hope this helped!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Cashew already answered about the Wii Fit, but yes there's a password protection so only you can get into your info. Just be careful when you are weighing that no one else is around to hear -- since it has a tendency to say things out loud

But it's really cute, and fun. I'd recommend it! Especially if you already have a Wii.
Naia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #13  

Day 2 and I'm loving it. I now have my challenges for the day and can add more. 1 of mine is to take aleast 15 minutes to eat. 2. Was to plan a healthy lunch. 3. Put on some music and dance a total of 2 songs. 4. Thow out expired food from frigs. You can choose from many this is so much fun and I've played some health games. True/False and drag and drop froom items with questions about their food value or other stuff. The prize is more challenges! I can't wait to get to work so I can get more! Nice kick and very doable. I just had to share my excitement!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks Cashew and Naia!

I'm having a really hard time finding one, but not gonna give up!
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote