Old 08-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #1  
Intuitive Eater

Default New to Calorie Counting Forum

Hi everyone!

I didn't see an "August" thread anywhere and wasn't sure where to say "Hello" so I just started a new topic. I'm fairly new to 3FC and have already decided to change my plan. I started out following "YOU: On a Diet" but have determined that I'm getting nowhere fast with that plan, so I've decided to add calorie counting to see where that takes me.

I see this is a busy forum and look forward to meeting everyone. I consider myself a "tough case" because I have a hard time sticking to any diet for long and get really tired of counting calories, so I came to 3FC hoping it would keep me motivated. (So far it has! I've had a rough 3 weeks since joining, but I'm sure I'm better off being here than trying to go it alone). Everyone has been so encouraging and helpful! So I have hope this time around!!!

I'll be checking out the threads now. Take care!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Welcome to calorie counters No plan is going to be easy, and i know all about getting 'bored' with stuff lol... but i like calorie counting because NOTHING is off limits.. if its TOM and im dying for something sweet, i can have some but i know i just have to work it into my cals for the day... it's the 'least' restrictive plan i have found so that is a plus in my book lol... again, welcome and good luck hun
jimaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

You can do this. I don't know if I ever "enjoyed" logging my foods....but it's habit now. Sometimes you've got to do stuff that's less than fun to get what you want.

I have learned to enjoy exercise....so at least part of it's fun.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:34 AM   #4  
~ The Walker ~

Smile

Hi Blue Serenity! WELCOME! i just started Calorie Counting this month and believe me... i like this ALOT better than ALOT of different diets i have tried and i have tried them all i mean THEM ALL... Calorie Counting seems to be effortless to me... i can have whatever i want really... i just have to keep myself in check! so i Plan My Day... you will have alot of fun here! everyone is So Kind and Knowledgeable! just ask anything and they jump right in! I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!
BuuBuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome~ and good luck on your journey to better health.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/186/179

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome and good luck!
Melly
Melly30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hope it helps! I'd like you to stay around, maybe you should look for a buddy? It's harder to quit when somebody else is depending on you.

ETA I feel like Tinkerbell now

Last edited by Quillie; 08-19-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #8  

Welcome and good luck!
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #10  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

welcome to calorie counting... i have lost ~40lbs since i started doing it... i love it because i can have anything i want... i just have to account for it
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #11  
FB

Hey! Welcome!

I never tolerated logging my food very well in the past. This time, with the help of my computer it's a breeze. Fitday and The Daily Plate are a godsend.

You can do it!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I've had a lot of success with counting calories in the past. I's lost as much as 30 lbs in 4 months. I hope to loose that same by January.

FB - I agree that the Dialy Pate is a godsend. Calorie King has worked for me in the past, but it's no longer free. I was paying for it b/c I couldn't find a free forum that I was comfortable with until Daily plate.
Shawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #13  
Intuitive Eater

Wow! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! It's so nice to meet you all.

It sounds like most everyone is doing great with counting. That's good to hear! I've had a good start to counting these last two days, I'm right on track. I think I was dreading having to count like a teenager dreads doing his homework. LOL (I just want to live my life and not be accountable to a calculator. hehehe) But I know it's what I've got to do.

I think I'll check out the Daily Plate. I have used Mypyramid.gov in the past but maybe a fresh start elsewhere will help.

Thanks again for all the welcomes!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote