Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default THin4Life - Week of 8/10/08

It's Monday and back to work. Had a good weekend (mostly). It was one of those weekends when everything broke! Had to buy a new dryer and a coffeemaker. I'm not so sure about the dryer right now. It's not drying as well as I'd like, so DH is changing out the flex hose today and we'll see if that helps; perhaps there is a clog or something.

DH and I played golf on Saturday. That was fun. That night we saw the comedian, Ron White. OMG He was so funny. Before that we went to a great restaurant. I had the crabcakes which were terrific. On Sunday I saw a play with many of my fellow actors in it. It was entertaining.

Last night I auditioned for the play, "Arsenic and Old Lace." We'll see if I get a part. Tonight I'm going to a Bunco party. I haven't been to one in years! I'm a sub for one of my neighbors.

Too scared to get on the scale.

Melissa, I'm glad the PT ruled out carpal tunnel syndrome. Now you should get the help you need. So, did you like Mamma Mia? Did you see the film or the play? I saw the play and it was great.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon!

I had a busy weekend as well. Friday night DH and I volunteered at our son's football kick off party and then Saturday we did a few things around the house in the morning then went and picked fresh blueberries. There's nothing like blueberries right from the bush! Saturday night we went to an outdoor concert featuring Club Trini (Jimmy Buffett's band) and met up with some friends. Sunday I spent with my girlfriend from FL. We had tea at a bed & breakfast which rivaled some of the tearooms in FL. We didn't make it to the movies (Mamma Mia) but rather decided to just spend some time together.

The weather was crummy yesterday--rain, rain, rain and downpours! It was chilly too (60)! Today it's beautiful 73 and sunny.

I went for PT again this morning and he used some traction--I can't say that I feel any better/worse. *sigh* I have the appointment with the chiropractor on Friday morning.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #3  

Melissa, Yum! Fresh blueberries. I'll bet they're great. What will you make? I love blueberry pie, blueberries on ice cream--you know all the low-point stuff. Your weather is quite strange for this time of year, isn't it? The tea room sounds very nice. I hope you GF had a good time.

I went to a Bunco party last night. It was a great time. I was a sub and met a nice group of women. Tonight is yoga and perhaps healthier eating.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #4  

Lisa: I enjoy the blueberries plain. My WW leader gave me another great way to enjoy them--up here we can get Friendship WHIPPED cottage cheese (it's kind of like the consistency of ricotta only) and I add a little splenda and cinnamon and then put the blueberries on top. It's really good! Our weather is strange here for this time of year--this morning it's 66 and sunny and I think our high for the day is supposed to be 75.

I got a nice walk in with my friend last evening while I was waiting for DS
#2 to get done with football practice. I had a rough night of sleeping--my hands were throbbing and the pains were shooting up and down my arms--I think the last time I looked at the clock it was 3 am and I had to be up at 6 to get him to practice because I need my car. I had therapy yesterday and they did some traction and I don't know if it helped or aggravated what's going on. I'm just tired of not being able to sleep through the night!

I did get a nice walk in this morning before work since I had to drop my DS off by 7 am and I don't start work until 8. It's going to be a long day...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:54 PM   #5  

Melissa, I do hope the chiropractor can help you. How awful to have those shooting pains AND not get sleep. I had trouble sleeping because of cramps in my feet! It was very odd. Have you had those where one of the toes gets stuck pointing up? Ow!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #6  

I ended up leaving work at 10 am on Tuesday and went home and slept! I slept off and on most of the day. I also took yesterday off--my hands/upper back are aching and driving is a real treat. I'm tired of not being able to "feel" my fingers and am frustrated because I can't put in my earrings, change my necklaces, etc. I'm counting down the hours till I see the chiropractor tomorrow morning. My PT was cancelled for this morning because my therapist is sick so maybe that's a good thing.

On another note I haven't been hungry and I've been able to get some walking in. DS #2 has football practice everyday this week and he has to be at the field by 7 am so as a result I'm at work early and can get a walk in before I start work.

Lisa: I've had my share of toe cramps and they hurt! I hate it when the toe pokes up and you're jumping around trying to get the cramping to stop. I seem to get them when my thyroid meds aren't right.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #7  

Melissa, Let me know how the chiropractor does. I don't think you should have that much pain from your PT. Remember to always drink lots of water (not a problem for WWers) after your adjustment. That's awful about he pains you're having.

I guess not being hungry is a good thing--wish I could say the same. My appetite lately has been huge. Someone else told me that I may need more calcium and magnesium because of the toe cramps.

BTW, I didn't get cast in the play. It's probably for the better. I have other things going on.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Sorry I've been absent! Work has been KILLER. My weight has been holding for the past three weeks around 166 at least. I need to catch up on all the posts!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #9  

Lisa: Magnesium works great for cramps--I've used it and it makes a big difference. I had my appointment this morning and now I know why my husband likes going to the chiropractor. He was really nice and explained everything--he said it sounds like there might be 2 things going on, one in my upper neck/back area and the other could be carpal tunnel. In any case he used electric stim on my back along with some warm moist heat--it was wonderful! After that I had a upper back massage and then he came in and did some adjustments. I couldn't believe the popping! In any case he said to me "I'm not going to hurt you". He told me to take 2 B6 tablets a day and that I could take 3 advil twice a day. They're going to get me in again next week when they get a cancellation. I just want to be able to feel my fingers and sleep without being woke up!

Lori: Totally understand about work being nutz--good for you for maintaining!!

Tonight we're meeting my sister-in-law and her husband for dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant (the same one that catered my son's wedding) after I get done at WW. Tomorrow DS #2 has a football scrimmage at 9 am that DH and I will go to and then either Saturday afternoon or Sunday we're going to pick some more blueberries. Sunday we take DS #2 to football camp where he'll stay for the week. No getting up at the crack of dawn to drive him!!!