100 lb. Club - Menu/ Accountability/Daily Planning - week of August 11 - August 17

Beverlyjoy
08-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi...here's a place where you can put your daily plan and/or menu. Want a place for some accountability? Here it is! Come here for a little chat and some extra support.

Beverlyjoy
08-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Hi chickies - I stayed very well on my plan. :) I am grateful.

Yesterday I gave alot of thought to maybe why I've been struggling after dinner. I've been thinking about it alot - why?. Part of it was that I haven't been feeling so good...feeling some physical pain from arthritis, back and foot, etc. And...I've been a little 'sloppy' with my following thru with my food plan as planned. I always say that it's OK to change some things - as the day progresses. But, lately I've had so many changes to the original plan that it's almost like 'grazing'. :dizzy: Adding a nibble here and there (and counting it in) So, I've determined that having a daily plan gives me structure and sanity with food and that I need to adhere to my plan more closely - more often than not.

Today I am working all day in Dayton working. My helper LOVES MCL restaurant. Since it's the end of the summer - we will go there for lunch. She's a doll and has been a wonderful helper. :) I can find something healthy there.

This week I have eleven programs. :dizzy: It's a busy week. Thank goodness I have Alexandra helping carry my 'stuff' in and out. My voice is tired and my pieces and parts, too - but I'll make it thru.

Today:

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, blueberries
lunch - fish, veggie, salad, roll
snack - crackers, fruit
dinner - boca bacon, lettuce & tomato (my fresh ones!) on lite bread with mayo, cauliflower with parm.
snack - raisin bran and milk

Mj -Hope your party was fun! :)Your veggies, pasta and cheese dinner sounds wonderful!

Ginger - glad you've already dropped some pounds. Sorry about your back. :hug: It's awful when you have back pain. It can just stop you in your tracks. Take care. Glad you posted.

Schmoodle - Hope you had fun at your party. (I addressed your friend and the dacquiri in last week's accountability thread.)

Shout out to everyone stopping by.

Have a great day!

mj5
08-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Good Morning! My gm's party was SO much fun!!!! It was hilarious hearing my uncles and mom tell stories about when they were kids...it's no wonder my gm's hair went white when she was so young!!!! My brother, sister, and I took our turn telling my mom some stuff we did that she never knew about....nothing too bad, but luckily she thought it was funny! My gm had a wonderful time, which is the best part of the whole day. One of my neice and nephew's made a list of "80 things why we love grandma" it was SO darn cute!!!

Ginger--Great news about the weight loss, but that really stinks about your back! I hope it feels better soon!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for for figuring out what is going on. Take care of YOU! 11 programs, wow, that's a lot! We are having blt's for dinner tonight too!

I am down two pounds this week, so I am VERY happy about that. I have just said goodbye to the 220's!!!! Dh and I both have today off, so not sure what we are going to do later, but I'm sure we'll find something fun! Yesterday I found a couple pairs of jeans in my closet that have been too small, but they fit again! YIPPEE! I can't wait to wear them again!

Have a great op day!

Schmoodle
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Happy Monday chicks, the sky here is SO gorgeous today, brilliant blue with tons of puffy clouds blowing around up there. It's one of those days that makes you happy to be around.

mj5, congrats on the jeans NSV! AND entering the next decade! And glad to hear that Grandma had a great celebration. Grandmas are precious people in our lives.

BeverlyJoy, it seems like there's always another thing to learn on this journey, doesn't it? I never really feel like I've got it "down". But every new thing I learn about myself makes me feel more confident that I will be succesful in the end.

Ginger, try not to overdo on the house stuff. I know it's hard, it drives me crazy when things are a mess. Hope your back feels better soon.

Today's Plan:
B was oatmeal breakfast bars, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: raw zucchini and hummus
L: roasted pepper and tomatoes, tossed salad with gorgonzola, walnuts, edamame, and chopped egg, 1T Goddess dressing
S: latte, bean brownie
D: Chicken burger with 1 cup 3-bean salad
S: NSA pudding with Cool Whip Free

Slashnl
08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Ok, this is the accountability thread. I am back down to what I show on my ticker. I know it is wrong, but I just couldn't change my highest weight to 282.8. But, here is my confession... and now I can look at my ticker without guilt. I'm going to work to get it down below my highest weight now. Did I mention that last year, I was down 13 pounds??? :rolleyes:

Anyway, onward!!

Schmoodle: Do you make your own hummus? Just wondering if that would be easy to do.

MJ: Love the GM story. Mine are all gone and I just treasured the time I had with them. Wonderful!

Beverly: You sound busy!!! Hang in there.

My kids start back to school next week, so we're busy with the back to school stuff, registrations, and football practice. It will be nice to get them back into a good routine. Bye, bye TV and couch!!! ha!

Schmoodle
08-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Diane, I do not make my own hummus. I've tried and just didn't like the way mine turned out (texture issues). I just gave my tahini to my mom to use. Now, she makes her own and it's Delish, so I don't quite know what I'm doing wrong. I wonder if it's just that she has a better blender than me. But it's not hard to do, just need a good blender, I guess. I like it really light and creamy.

mj5
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi again! Dh and I had a great day!! We went to a thrift store and found a set of Fiestaware salt and pepper shakers for $1.99!!!! Then we went to the mall and JC Penny is having 70% off their already marked down items, so I found several cute shirts for really great deals! I only bought a few, but enough to spruce up my wardrobe. I need to go through my closet and pull out stuff that is either too big (hard to believe!) or that I just don't wear. Then I have to be brave like Beverlyjoy and get rid of it!!!

kissingginger
08-11-2008, 11:16 PM
What a strange day ladies!

Strange eating day - we were out for most of the day and I by-passed the usual temptations and my calorie count before dinner is quite low. I just enjoyed some fish and green beans and my stomach is a happy-camper once again. Went to the farmers market and got some nice blueberries too. Yum! I might have an evening snack of those.

Welcome Slashl - I did the same thing, and now I'm back again too. It sucks to own up to gaining again and being back to the same weight I started but better to come here than not having support!

Schmoodle, I really have let the house go (so to speak), it's just not good for me to bend over and keep hurting myself. DH did do two loads of dishes...I just wish he would get the pans and clean the counters...ugh. oh and I have no idea how you can stomach RAW zuccini...I love it cooked, but raw?

Beverly- 11 programs? gosh that's busy,--pace yourself!

Mj- be brave -it feels so good to purge. I didn't get rid of stuff that was too big (I can't yet) but I have gotten rid of stuff I just don't wear anymore! It feels great!

It's 715 and I'm craving...I better get to those blueberries...the rest of the night, decaf tea if I need something.

Cheers, Ginger

Beverlyjoy
08-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Hi chickeroos...I stayed with my plan yesterday - I am grateful. :) DH came home last night after being gone for ten days. So glad he's home. Our tomatoes are coming in well. Love this time of the year. I did well yesterday at MCL :) - so I am pleased.

For today -

working this morning
meditation
water
log food
stretches
PMA

breakfast - Kashi waffle, peanut butter, 1/2 banana
snack - latte
lunch - brown rice with cheese and veggies
snack - cottage cheese and fruit
dinner - garden burger with lite cheese on lite bun, sliced tomatos
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk

Ginger - I've been enjoying blueberries too. Take care of your back :hug:- take it easy so it can get better. So glad you passed by the temptations! :D

MJ - SO glad you found the salt and peppers. What fun. Also - clothes on say are the best...yay. Down two pounds is fantastic!! :carrot::carrot: So, so happy for you to be a 'teen'! :D

Schmoodle - great plan...I love seeing it daily. :)It gives me ideas!!

Slashnl - so glad you are down to your ticker weight. :) It's a good accomplishment!! Carry on - you CAN do this!

Have a great day.

mj5
08-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Good Morning!

Ginger--Take care of your back! The house cleaning will wait. How were the blueberries? I had cantalope as my snack.

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!!! I LOVE finding bargains! Plus, now that the weather is getting cooler, I like 'primping' a bit more--when it's really hot, I just throw on whatever. Probably not a good idea, but I'm just don't deal well w/ the heat.

Rhonda--How are you? Did you join the gym?

It was really fun choosing what I was going to wear today. Now that the weather is a bit cooler, it's easier to dress a bit nicer. Plus, I am really pleased w/ my weight loss lately so I think that helps--I have been spending more time doing my hair, makeup, etc.

Ok, I need to tackle all the stuff on my desk.

I have 7 op days in a row, so far! Have a great day!

Schmoodle
08-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Good morning chicks!
First order of business, get a plan for the rest of the day!
B was veggie and lite cheese omelet, 1 cup cantaloupe, coffee with milk
S: raw zuke and hummus, handful of grape tomatoes
L: roasted pepper with tomatoes, salmon burger
D: 3 bean salad, sliced tomato, stuffed squash
S: NSA chocolate pudding with Cool Whip Free

Should be a quiet day today. All the kids have gone to my mom's house this morning (cousins included) to make pancakes, then she plans to take them shopping for a back-to-school outfit and then to dinner at the Chinese Buffet. I do not have to go along to dinner, great relief since there is really nothing good there for me to eat. Poor mom will be tired tonight I'll bet! And much poorer! Maybe this evening I'll have DD1 take them to the movies.

mj, don't ya love stringing those good days together! And it's great incentive because I find it just makes me want to keep going.
Beverlyjoy, glad you got through your long day on-plan.
Ginger, maybe you should see about getting someone in to clean until you are feeling better. I didn't think I liked raw zuke either until recently. I've got some in my garden this year, and freshly picked it's really crispy and good!
Diane, I am working on the kids' schedule for the fall too. We have gotten so lazy over the summer, it will be a shock to have all this stuff going on! I am not looking forward to the end of summer, but I am looking forward to having my house back to myself during the day.

Can't wait until Friday chicks! I am taking the day off and have arranged to meet two other chicks from the 3fc South Beach Forum at the Green Dragon Market in PA. One of them I have met before, but not the other, and I am really excited to see them both.

mj5
08-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi again!

Schmoodle--Yes, I LOVE stringing those days together. I agree, it makes it much easier to stay on plan! I am SO jealous...I LOVE the Green Dragon! It's funny, dh and I were just talking about that yesterday--our family used to go there a few times every year, but always on Good Friday and always right before school started--before we would hit the outlets for school clothes. MMM, I love raw zucchini and yellow squash too.

Ok, I really need to try to focus on getting some work done!

kissingginger
08-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Hey Ladies!

The blueberries were fantastic - I bought 10lbs, so should last some time (although my boys LOVE them too). I have a standing order at a local blueberry farm for 50 more lbs. I freeze them for the winter and add to my oatmeal - or muffins, or .....whatever.

I am feeling good. I DEFIED the POUTINE......I went to costco today and didn't get any. I haven't been there in over a month or longer and I knew mentally it would be huge fight. I won this time. I felt proud and even though I was hungry, I ate when I got home at 2pm. It was a late lunch, but it was a good-for-me lunch = not loaded with crap and guilt.

And - my back is better, I am walking and moving around...although DH brought in the food I bought and helped put it away. I took the kids to the grandparents after dinner to go and pick peas, potatoes and carrots from the kids garden. When I got home DH did all the dishes, cleaned the floor and basically made me smile. It was a lot of work (but heck, it's been 5 days since my back first started to hurt)...so it was a huge relief. I should be able to unload the dishwasher tomorrow with the kids help....(they pass me the plates etc from the bottom rack).

So I have several huge zucchini, tons of green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, peas and 9 lbs roughly of blueberries left in my fridge....oh and a straight from grandma's garden -cauliflower!. So I am SET for some time.

I love summer. I'm hoping for a good weigh in on thursday. I've stuck to my plan, I feel good about what I've eaten and I'm hoping to carve out some of the weight I've gained back.

Night y'all!
Ginger

Lyn2007
08-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Hey there guys. You are so inspirational and I am in dire need of inspiration, so here I am (again)! I hope you don't mind how I have popped in and out of this thread. I am trying to get my head on straight.

Hummus: I was told that the key to getting a smooth texture is to remove the skins. So when I make it, after I boil the chickpeas I just stir them repeatedly. The skins float off and I skim them until there are no more. It works! But I stopped making it simply because I want to eat a ton of it. Now I just buy small containers for portion control.

I need a junk detox. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.

Beverlyjoy
08-13-2008, 06:06 AM
Hi Chicks...I stayed with my plan well yesterday :) - I am grateful.

Darn that scale....it didn't move this week. :p Oh well - I lost two pounds last week so I'll have to be happy with that. It's been going slow. I am grateful to have sanity with food - even when the scale doesn't move.

I went to the farm market yesterday and brought home some melon, corn and zuccini. Yum.

three programs this morning
lots of water
meditation
log food and their values
stretches and movement
PMA

breakfast - turkey on ww bread with mayo, peach
lunch - spinach salad with egg whites, boca bacon, blueberries, tomatoes, parm cheese, lite vinegarete, and ak mak crackers
snack - yogurt
dinner - egg white scramble with sweet banana peppers and lite cheese with mayo open face on toast, corn on the cob
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, milk

Lyn - you can pop in and out as often as you like! Do the best you can, friend. Glad you posted. :)

Ginger - I am so glad you're back is doing better. :) So glad DH has been so helpful - he's wonderful. Ejoy all those blueberrie. You are doing great.

MJ - 7 days OP is fantastic. :):D:) I agree.. as we lose weight I think we just feel more like primping - it just goes with the territory. You are doing great.

Schmoodle - hope you enjoyed your day while the kids were at Grandma's. :DIt's nice for them to spend the day with her.

Have a great day everyone.

mj5
08-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Good Morning!

Ginger--That is fantastic! I LOVE this time of year w/ all of the fresh produce! So glad your back is feeling better--just don't overdo too soon!

Lyn--Good to see you!

Beverlyjoy--that darn scale! You are doing great, it will move again! I think you are exactly right...losing weight and primping go hand in hand.

Yesterday was day 9 op for me--I was behind in my stickers! I need to make sure I stay up to date with that! I am very close to getting to wear my new perfume! I even left it in the plastic wrap so I wasn't tempted to use it early!

Have a great OP day!

Schmoodle
08-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Good morning chicks. The cats have had it with my late mornings this week, so they made sure I was up at a reasonable hour to give them breakfast today. Good thing because I was having the weirdest dream, I had given birth, decided to take a couple of days (!!) off of work because of it, and was getting married the same day. Never did see who the groom was though!:o Couldn't have been DH, he hates weddings, I don't think he'd ever do it twice, took us 10 years the first time!

Yesterday I was on plan until bedtime when I ate 7 Wheat Thins. They are not allowed on my plan. Oh well, it was a good day, not a perfect day, but today will be perfect. (Just one perfect day, Lyn?) Maybe I am lacking a little motivation this week because I am teetering on 180, but this is the week before TOM, and I don't usually lose anything this week, so I think I will be teetering for a couple of weeks anyway.

mj, I just had a visual of you with those catch-up stickers all over your face. :D It's what DD2 used to do whenever she would get stickers when she was little. I have never been to the Green Dragon before. Any recommendations? There's nothing I love better than dragging home unneccesary junk!
Beverly, I love a turkey sandwich breakfast. Are you having the blueberries IN the salad? Interesting... And what are ak mak crackers?
Ginger, I love to be buried in yummy produce in the summer. Yesterday I had 10 servings of fruits and veggies. Hooray summer!
Lyn, come as often as you can, but don't feel bad about popping in and out. We are always glad to see you! What's the detox plan Lyn? It's really helpful to me to plan it out in the AM, then I can go on autopilot the rest of the day and not spend much time thinking about FOOD.

Today:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, hb egg, one cup cantaloupe cubes, coffee with milk
S: raw zucchini with hummus, handful grape tomatoes
L: Roasted peppers with tomatoes, MS Farms sausage links, lowfat cottage cheese
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: Stuffed yellow squash, 3 bean salad
S: nonfat Greek yogurt with sliced peach, sprinkle of slivered almonds, agave nectar

Sorry if this gets boring, I am a creature of habit. Plus, I'm the only adult around, so if I cook something I eat it for several days. Even though it's usually similar to yesterday, it's amazing how much more prepared to face the day I feel once I have it all written down here.

GirlyGirlSebas
08-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi Friends!

Sorry I've been scarce. The girls start back to school next Monday, so we've been on the go and trying to get them set up. Also, I'm battling a nasty sinus type thing and I've not been feeing well. I had a 4 day headache.:dizzy: The headache is now gone, but I'm still quite congested.

As of Monday's weigh-in, I'm now down exactly 40 pounds. This is the point where I usually falter and I'm kinda feeling the same "you've done good and now can relax" feeling. I'm fighting it, but I've not been doing well. No exercise for two weeks and two off-plan dinners in the last 4 days. I need to get back with the program!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Schmoodle
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Rhonda, what about a mini-goal?
5 lbs. will put you down into the next decade. 5 lbs by 30 September? I will join you.

mj5
08-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi again!

Schmoodle--That was some dream! Hmm, I haven't been to the Green Dragon in years, but from what I remember, there were crafts, all kinds of produce, all kinds of food actually--we used to get the best meat there, that's why we went on Good Friday--to get our Easter ham, they have clothes, collectables, antiques--basically everything!! I reccommend wearing comfy walking shoes!

Rhonda--I hope you feel better! Are the girls looking forward to getting back to school? I know what you mean....I am 'in the groove' right now and this is actually my danger zone...I tend to get over confident and stop doing the things I know I need to do. I am going to try really hard not to make those mistakes this time around. I want to hit Onderland really, really bad!

I have decided that this weekend I will go through my closet and pull out stuff that is too big. Not sure if I am brave enough to get rid of it, yet, but at least it will be out of the closet and packed away. I also want to see what I might need for fall/winter. We are going to my ILS in a couple weeks and while dh is at a wedding, I am going bargain shopping. Long story about why I'm not going to the wedding...there is some HUGE family drama and I choose not to be a part of it. My wonderful dh totally understands and absolutely supports my decision not to go, so it's all good. The rest of his family is gossiping like you would not believe--they (of course) think we are headed to divorce court...whatever.

Trazey34
08-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Nose back to the grindstone - the "old me" would have said what the heck! have fun until labour day! LOL but then Labour Day would turn into Thanksgiving, which would turn into Christmas, you get my thinking!!!

but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BACK ON TRACK!!!

Br: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Kashi bar, pear
snack: few almonds, cup of coffee
Lu: veggie soup, 1/2 turkey sandwich on crazy gillion grain bread, apple
snack: yogurt cup
Din: ginormous salad with grilled chicken, lowfat balsamic dressing, small w.w. roll, cup of tea & 5 organic ginger cookies (yay 5 cookies 100 cals! whoot!)

take THAT summer weight gain!!! suck it!!!

Lyn2007
08-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Good morning guys. Your menus inspire me. Thanks for always making me feel welcome.

Good news: even with my whacko, part-binge last night I am down one pound of the 11 I gained (in 6 days, ugh). Okay, ten to go.

Schmoodle... detox plan. Good idea. I don't like floundering! My plan is to process all the fruits and veggies I bought LAST Wednesday at the farmer's market that are still sitting in the fridge. I will toss what's no good, eat what I can eat (berries, plums, peaches, carrots) and cook the rest. That way I will have prepped, cooked veggies in the fridge today and tomorrow. I will try and eat them all by Friday because I am going out of town this weekend.

NO sugar today. It is so hard to get back off processed junk but I am going to do it.

Schmoodle
08-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I know it is hard Lyn. Sugar is evil. Drink lots of water, eat some lowfat dairy, some beans, and your veggies, that will help if you get the ickies or the headache. And be extra-nice to yourself today, you are dealing with a lot.

Hi Trazey! Glad to see you on the accountability thread. Good plan!

beachpotato
08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi all -
This thread is making me crave HUMMUS!!! :drool:

Breakfast: egg sandwich, orange
Lunch: tofu fried rice, milk
Snack: cantaloupe
Dinner: Marinated grilled chicken, green beans, rice
Snack: Sandwich, cantaloupe

beachpotato
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
And, while I'm at it, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm eating tomorrow (since I'm going to open a 108 oz can of garbanzo beans):

Breakfast: oatmeal w/banana, milk
Lunch: Pozole, slice ww bread
Dinner: Pozole, slice ww bread
Snacks: Hummus with carrots/cucumbers

Lyn2007
08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Okay, I am doing good today. I sorted thorugh the fridge and threw out stuff. I ate a mango and the rest of the blackberries and blueberries. (I made a smoothie for breakfast out of fruit and nonfat plain yogurt). I made more tea and am drinking up.

I got all the cherries sorted and washed and into a bowl for snacking. I trimmed and washed the green beans which I will roast for a snack this afternoon. I am going to cook some chicken breast, onions, and peppers for my lunch (fajitas without the tortillas and cheese). I will finish off some watermelon and peaches for a snack. And for dinner I am going to make a fake "lasagna" with sliced zucchini and summer squash instead of the noodles. It will have light ricotta and light mozzerella in it.

I think if I make it through today I am going to be okay.

Oh and I already biked for 30 minutes. I did 10 counter pushups and will do 2 more sets of those. I will weight train for 20 minutes. And take a short walk after dinner.

mj5
08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi again! I am right on track for day 10 op! I *should* be making a grocery list right now, but popping in here is much more fun!

Trazey--Welcome back!

Lyn--Good for you for getting things in order! I've made something similiar to your 'fake' lasagna before--it is SO good!

beachpotato--I know, me too! I don't make it, so I guess I better get some at the store tomorrow!

My knee is really sore tonight, so I am going to get an icepack soon. I should have iced it as soon as I came home from the gym, but I started doing other things and never thought about it until now. Oh well, better late than never!

Schmoodle
08-13-2008, 09:31 PM
That's one veggie-licious day Lyn!

Beverlyjoy
08-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi...I did well until after dinner and then I overate. Hmmm...this seems to happen on the evening's when I've weighed in - in the morning. I need to figure it out. I"ll plan for a good day.

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, ww lite toast with pnb, pear
lunch - cottage cheese and tomatoes, crackers
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - spinach salad with chicken, egg white (hard boiled), boca bacon, parm cheese, raisins and lite vinegarette, one small ear fresh corn on the cob
snack - cheese and crackers

I am running late...so, I'll do personals later.

Have a great day!

Schmoodle
08-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Good morning chicks!
Tomorrow is Dragon Day with cottagebythesea and ladybugnessa, yippee! Had a big impromptu family dinner here last night before the cousins went home after spending a few days with us. Fun! I stayed on plan, in spite of the rich fudgey brownies my mom brought, just the way I like them. Go me! She wanted to leave some for the kids and I asked her not to, since I am pre-TOM and that's way too dangerous, so she hid three in the kitchen for them somewhere, and I did NOT tear the place apart last night looking for them or shake DS awake at 11PM demanding to know where they were. That's a victory to me. Here's my plan for today:

B: scrambled egg with swiss chard and lowfat cheese, coffee with milk, cantaloupe
S: raw cuke and hummus
L: salad with hb egg, gorgonzola, and walnuts, stuffed yellow squash
S: skim latte, 7 reduced fat triscuits with LCLC
D: 3-bean salad, roasted cauliflower popcorn, some kind of fish?
S: sliced peach with Greek yogurt, slivered almonds, and agave nectar

BeverlyJoy, I do that too, if I weigh and have a loss, which I would expect to motivate me further, frequently I'll find myself overeating that same day. It's like I think "okay, I'm doing well, I can relax now." I'm thinking of skipping weigh-in on Saturday because I moved my ticker down 2 lbs last week, and I'm pre-TOM so I really don't expect to see any movement this week, even though I've been on-plan.
Hope the knee feels better today mj. Have fun clothes-shopping in your closet this weekend!
Lyn, Rhonda, and Trazey, how did you chicks make out yesterday?
Welcome beachpotato, what is pozole? Is it a yummy healthy thing I should know about?

Have a great day accountability chicks!
ETA: PS, it's nice to see this thread hopping! It's been too quiet around here this summer!

mj5
08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday was OP day 10! If I keep going, I'll be able to use my new perfume on Tuesday morning!

Beverlyjoy--Hmm, that's a good observation. I know you will figure it out.

Schmoodle--You are going to have so much fun tomorrow! Wow, you are my hero...pre-TOM and you did not have brownies! Not sure I would have been able to do that! That's a good way to look at it...clothes shopping in my closet!

This morning during my break I am going down to the farmer's market to see what I can find. Last night I learned that my gym is running SUPER deal for current members, so I am going renew my membership now--that always motivates me to work a bit harder there (something about spending the $ always gets me working harder again!)

I called my ortho and made an appt. It's time. I can't get in until the end of the month, but at least I have an appt. Still not ready to call it quits and have surgery, I'll just get another injection. This last one lasted 5 months--the longest ever, so that's good!

Have a great OP day!

Lyn2007
08-14-2008, 11:27 AM
I didn't do so hot yesterday. I had a great morning and healthy lunch and then went a bit bonkers. I am going to do better today. Matter of fact, I threw out the chocolate this morning.

Schmoodle
08-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Lyn, I just read your latest blog entry. I am sorry you didn't have the perfect day you wished for, but you did have some victories and you should feel good about those. And today is another chance for a good day! One thing I noticed about what you ate was that it was a LOT of fruit, and not much protein. Watermelon is one of the highest fruits on the glycemic index, and can lead to further cravings. So some unsolicited advice is to have a heartier breakfast (a nice big veggie and lowfat cheese omelet, maybe, with some turkey bacon?), and keep the fruit to just 2 or 3 servings spread out through the day. If I have a smoothie for breakfast, I will usually have a hardboiled egg along with it. I know this isn't the whole solution, there's a lot of emotional stuff for you to deal with too, but every little thing that can help is worth trying. I am pulling for you to get through this. I know how hard it is to get back on track.

mj5
08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi again! I am back from the farmer's market. I can't wait to get home and eat some of the yummies I bought...yellow beans, cantalope, blueberries, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, blackberries, strawberries, cauliflower.....not all for tonight, of course!!!

Lyn--Good for you! The good news is, you did not throw in the towel, you are starting fresh today.

Today is absolutely gorgeous--warm and sunny, but not hot.

Oh, one thing I noticed lately is my skin looks really good these days--really soft and smooth. Must be all the healthy food, water, and exercise!

beachpotato
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
For Schmoodle: The "real" thing is supposed to be all pork, but this is the recipe I use. You could use all chicken if you had to, though.

Crock Pot Pozole
1 lb pork loin chops
1 lb chicken breasts
1 tbsp Better than Bullion Ham Flavor
32 oz container of fat free chicken broth, more if needed
1 large diced onion
2 garlic cloves
black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp chili powder (I used New Mexico variety, any works)
1 tbsp cumin powder (I like to ground my own seeds, very fresh tasting)
tsp oregano
1 large can of roasted mild diced green chilies
1 large can of hominy, drained
1 dried ancho chili (this will make it a bit hot, but it is a sweet hot)
Garnish with raw sliced carrots, radish, onions and cabbage, lemon and or lime wedges

Cut meat in chucks, trimming all the fat, then toss in all ingredients in crock pot except hominy and ancho chili. Cook at about 4 hrs on low.

Take a cup of the liquid from the soup and add to a small sauce pan add a cup or two of cold water to the sauce pan and gently boil the ancho chili in the soup broth with the added water until the chili is soft, then mix in a blender to a smooth paste. Add about a cup of the paste to the soup at a time then taste soup for heat, Keep adding paste until it is as hot as you like it, then put the rest in a small dish for others to add as garnish themselves (its hot but very pleasantly so).

Finally add hominy and cook on high for another 30-40 minutes (if you can wait that long).

Garnish as desired.

Schmoodle
08-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Mmmm, tater, thanks for taking the time to type that up! I am a recipe 'ho, looks really good.
Pork loin is a lean cut so that's not a problem. The only thing off-plan for me would be the hominy. Too bad, because I do love hominy.

mj5
08-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Mmm, that looks really good!

I am SOOOO happy right now! One goal I had set for myself is to be able to wear a smaller size jeans by the fall. Well, here it is mid-August and I am able to wear smaller jeans right now! Too bad it's going to be too warm to wear them to work tomorrow, because I would!

kissingginger
08-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Ladies,

I'm here, I'm accountable, it's been a good day. I totally wanted the Ice Capuccino from Tim Horton's (I WAS addicted...okay, okay, I still am....but haven't had once since being back on plan). It was a HOT HOT day here and I took the kids to the park, and my internal dialogue was saying, if you have to brave the heat and do all this work to get the kids to the park...then stop and drive through and get yourself a treat while you are out and about....sadly, taking the kids anywhere is "work" when you are this heavy and have back troubles...(which by the way is so much better, and even went for a walk last night).

Okay, so last night I could have mentally totally binged, but I didn't...I stayed true to my plan, and drank lots of water and awesome enough -I had a great weigh in this morning (7.2 lbs)!

Mj5- awesome on taking advantage of the gym deals...I am planning to go in sept (all kids in preschool - tues, thur, and fri AM's)!!! sO i FINALLY have time to myself. Oh and nice skin is always a good thing!

Lyn- hang in there, we are all routing for you.

Hi Schmoodle, Girlygirl, beverlyjoy, and beachpotato!

Okay, so the plan tonight is to go for another walk - pretty leisure one around the neighborhood, just to get my back feeling good. I'm easing into it....and then doing some of the back exercises some of ladies recommended in another thread.

Cheers,
Ginger

Beverlyjoy
08-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Hi chickies....yesterday was a great food day until bedtime (again). I felt like my shoulder popped out yesterday (I don't know how else to explain). Man - it's hurting. :( All I can take is tylenol because of my tummy stuff. It wasn't helping. I know my over eating had to do with frustration and pain. I was plain frustrated with 'one more thing' to pile on my aches and pains. But, I'll get thru it. I'll use lots of ice and rest it the best I can. Only five more programs and I am done with my summer work and I can rest my pieces and parts.

Today will be a GOOD day - overeating doesn't make bad things or pain go away.

Plans for today:

working this morning
lots of ice
meditation
stretches
log food
push thru craving

breakfast - turkey sandwich on ww bread, 1/2 banana, 1 t. almond butter
lunch - spinach salad with parm, raisins, parm cheese, tomatoes, ak mak crackers
snack - cottage cheese and pear
dinner - grilled chicken, rice, veggie
snack - oatmeal, banana, almond butter, milkk

Schmoodle - yes, I put blueberries in my spinach salad. It was delicious. I usually put in mandarin oranges -but, needed to use up the berries. Yum.
Yes - I am trying to figure out why I overeat on days I weigh-in....I agree with what you said - for me, it's sometimes like a 'let down' of working so hard - whether I lose or not. This food stuff is so crazy. :dizzy:
Also - good for you! - staying away from your Mom's brownies!! :):D:)
I love Ak Mak Crackers - healthy, sesame seeds (my favorite) and you big crackers for the calories!
http://brightspot.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SAk&Category_Code=&Store_Code=GOH

MJ- 10 days OP is an awesome accomplishment. :D Plus - now wearing smaller jeans - fantastic. :):D:) Ugh - dealing with family drama - it's the pits.

Rhonda - hope your sinus is better. :hug: 40 pounds off is fantastic :carrot::carrot:- I know you can move forward!!!

Trazey - So glad you are back on track - go girl! :D

Lyn - it's hard to get off sugar sometimes - you do the best you can. There have been many times when I have thrown away chocolate too. We are rooting for you. :)

beachpotato - good plan!! :)I love hummus too - if I make it myself....I usually eat too much of it. So, I buy the small containers and do better with portion control. Thanks for the recipe! :)

Ginger - fantastic - staying OP and working past your craving. That's awesome. :D

Have a GREAT day everyone.

Schmoodle
08-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi chicks, just a quick check-in this morning and then I am off to meet the other chicks in PA. I'm going to have a peanut butter Kashi waffle before I leave, and I've packed some hardboiled eggs, edamame, a bean brownie, and grape tomatoes to munch on as snacks. We'll have to eat somewhere but I'll have two other SBers to keep an eye on me! I've realIly been looking forward to this all week.
I did okay yesterday but it was an orange day. I code my days red, green, orange, green is perfectly on plan, red not, but orange I did okay but was in a danger zone for a while. Yesterday was orange because I didn't have turkey bacon for my BLT at dinner, so I used a couple of strips of regular. And I had 3 servings each of grains and fruit, which I usually limit to 2 per day. I had decided to splurge on a BLT with TWO slices of bread. I haven't had a two slice sandwich in ages, I was STUFFED. So I skipped my evening snack.
Hey, anybody around here have a facebook?

Beverly, sorry for your achey shoulder.
Ginger, WOW! 7.2 lb loss? That's amazing! Glad your back is better.
mj, congrats on the pants NSV! You are doing great and we are very proud of you!
Have a great Friday Trazey, Lyn, Diane, Rhonda, and Potato!

mj5
08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Good Morning! So glad it's Friday! Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? We are going to some garage sales tomorrow--dh is looking for treasures he can sell on ebay. Yesterday a surprise package came in the mail....it was a fiestaware serving dish that he bought because he loves me. What a sweetie!

Ginger--Fantastic!!! 7.2lbs WOW!!!! That's great that you will have some am time to yourself! Glad to hear you are easing into things--don't want to reinjure your back!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no! I hope your shoulder is feeling better today! Thanks. Yea, family drama is no fun...although it is a little humerous that everyone is getting so uptight that dh and I won't feed into it.

Schmoodle--I can't wait to hear all about the Dragon! You are going to have so much fun!!! I don't have a facebook, but I am attempting to start a myspace page. Thank you so much. I am proud of me too. It just feels so good to actually see and feel the results--finally.

Ok, I have to get ready for a meeting. Hope everyone has a great OP day.

mj5
08-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Good Morning! Just getting ready to head out to some garage sales...hope we find some treasures!

Beverlyjoy
08-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Chicks...I am happy to say that I stayed well on my plan yesterday :) - I am grateful. Feels good after having two evenings with overeating before bedtime.

It's a beautiful morning here. I nice cool breeze and only 58 degrees as I type. My mom and aunt are coming over for supper tonight - I love my special seniors! Also, my shoulder is a bit better - I like that.

For today:

meditation - done!!
lots of water
stretches and movement
log food and food value
PMA

breakfast - egg white salad on lite ww toast with lite mayo, 1/2 banana
snack - latte
lunch - turkey sandwich open face with lite cheese and mayo, parsnips
snack - ff cottage cheese with pear
dinner - grilled pork chop, salad with lite dressing, one ear of corn
snack - laughing cow cheese on crackers

Schmoodle - did you have fun yesterday? I am sure you did!! I like your 'code' system. :D Good idea.

Mj - did you find any goodies at the garage sales? :) This summer I got a wonderful play kitchen set, toddler playhouse with slide and riding and push toys for my 18 month grandson. I love finding bargains too.

:wave: Shout out to Rhonda, Lyn, Trazey, beachpotato, Diane, Ginger and anyone else that stops by.

Have a GREAT on plan day.

Schmoodle
08-16-2008, 09:15 AM
good morning chicks!
Yes, yesterday was lots of fun! It was great to meet the chicks. Here's a picture if you're interested http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149249
I'm the one on the left that looks like someone just smacked me in the back of the head.
I didn't buy much except produce! And some Avon stuff and sugar free apple butter, yum. I'll have some of that today!

This morning I'm off to Aldi's and if I see any interesting looking yard sales, I may stop. The kids are at my mom's until lunchtime. I'm going to spray my yard with garlic mosquito spray and we'll try to eat dinner out there tonight to see if it works - live test subjects!! Maybe the pool this afternoon and tonight's the movie on the green.
The scale says 179 this morning but I don't know if I'm ready to believe it. I'm going to wait and see if it sticks before I change the ticker.

Hope you find some great stuff mj!
Beverlyjoy, have a very nice dinner with mom and auntie!

Today's plan is incomplete, but I'd better start by getting something down. I'll fill in later.
B: oatmeal with blueberries and peanut butter
S: raw zuke with hummus, hard boiled egg
L: fresh limas!, stuffed squash, plum
S: latte, cottage cheese with NSA apple butter
D: warm spinach salad with gorgonzola and walnuts, crab cake
S: 3 cups popcorn and 1 oz dark chocolate for the movie

Beverlyjoy
08-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi chicks...I pushed thru yesterday and it was another day in my calorie range :) - I am so grateful.

Today is a bridal shower for my cousin's daughter. I'll make the best choices I can. I strategy for the bridal shower luncheon (starts at 1pm) is to eat a big lettuce salad before I go with lite vinegarette - so I won't be hungry and too, too tempted. I am hoping they will have fruit and veggies.

ice/heat
pay bills
log food
stretches and movement
meditation
lots of water

breakfast - turkey sandwich on lite wheat with mayo, 1/2 banana
snack - spinach with ICBINBS - lettuce salad before I leave for the shower.
lunch - bridal shower - I'll make the healthiest choices I can
snack - tiny taste of any chocolate at the shower for dessert. (maybe)
dinner - garden burger with lite cheese (no bun) ear of corn, salad
snack - ff cottage cheese and fruit

Schmoodle...you're such a pretty lady. I love this picture. You look terrific. I 'pictured' you in my imagination with short hair to your chin. Isn't it funny how that goes? Teetering at 179 is so thrilling. :) I know it will stick!

Everyone...have a great day.

kissingginger
08-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi ladies,

Lots going on - all good. Last night I managed 45 min on the treadmill walking and stretching, back exercises and some ab work.

Schmoodle - loved your photo! It's nice to meet you!

Beverlyjoy- hang in there with all the dinner's out!! I'm sure you'll make some good choices, but that sure is a lot of pressure. I don't exactly know if I could cope facing the same outings.

Mj5 - did you find any treasures? We went out yesterday and I found 3 sheet sets for the boys and a nice big mat/carpet (the ones with roads etc on it for little kids). The boys came with me and they loved it.

okay, I'm off,
Ginger!

Schmoodle
08-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks ladies for the kind words. I think I look like **** in that picture, but then I always think that, so I am trying not to be such a spaz about it anymore. At the very least I think I look like a lady desperately in need of a makeover, so who knows Beverlyjoy, I may have short hair one day soon!

This morning I made a vat of veggie soup, another of ratatouille, and some oatmeal bars and bean brownies, plus boiled up a bag of edamame for snacks. So I am fed for the week, now I only need to worry about the babies. I way overbought the veggies last week and needed to cook them up somehow. I keep forgetting Dh isn't around to eat them all!

Plan:
B: Lima beans, latte
S: Oatmeal breakfast bars
L: Veggie soup, plum, sugar free Jello
D: Chicken, ratatouille
S: fudgesicle

Have a great Sunday chicks, I think we are off to the pool in a bit and then some work to get ready for Monday AM meetings. One last week of summer vaca for the kids, so we plan to squeeze every drop of summer out of it.

mj5
08-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone! I am still pooped from yesterday! We were gone for most of the day, but we had a great time. We found LOTS of treasures--more books, some dishes, and great jacket for each of us. The jacket I bought doesn't quite button, YET, but it's only a size L...it comes really close, though. can you believe it?! A size L!!!

Beverlyjoy--How was dinner yesterday w/ your mom and aunt? Hope your shoulder feels even better today. Good luck at the shower!

schmoodle--You do not look like someone smacked you in the back of the head! You look great! Glad you had a good time!!! 179, that's awesome!!! I also bought way too many veggies last week and will be eating LOTS of them this week!

Ginger--Great job w/ getting in your exercise even though you have been busy. Sounds like you found some good bargains too!

Rhonda--Are the girls all ready to start school tomorrow?

Yesterday was day 13 OP, so as long as I make it through today, I will get to wear my new perfume tomorrow (not Tuesday like I originally thought....apparently I have a problem counting lately!!!)

I am going to go "shopping in my closet" now....I can't wait to see what I can find!

Have a great op day!

Sea
08-20-2008, 09:27 AM
8 days on plan and hoping to keep it up, though the scale is stuck.

B - whole grain cereal w/rice milk
s - light yougurt
L - 360 cal pizza
s - sm. banana
D - Lean cuisine

ex - 30 minutes treadmill
Reward - give myself a pedicure

Schmoodle - Your sig is so true about it being easier to stay on plan than to get back on plan.