General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/292/199

Height: 5'3

Angry Not allowed?!

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I read a post on a blogging site the other day in which the blogger mentioned that in some state (I don't remember which one it was), they were no longer allowing "chubbies" (as the place referred to the clients) to hang out in their strip clubs, and they were saying that they were discussing also not allowing plus sized people in the bars wherever this was. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Any clue if it's something that's going to stick? I have never even been in a strip club, so I don't care so much about that (except that it's rude and stupid!), but I do spend time in the local bars hanging out with friends quite often.
lipsofanangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I don't know... but I do know there are certain bars for overweight people that thin people aren't allowed into. So - isnt that exactly the same?
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #3  
me me me

S/C/G: 168/150/120

Height: 5'2"

I guess clubs can let in whoever they want and turn away whoever they want ... it's petty and stupid, but I definitely wouldn't patronize any place that discriminated based on weight. I've seen some "chubbies" who are "hotties" at clubs who dance wayyy sexier than the skinny girls So let 'em do what they do and don't worry too much about it.

Now if the state was making a law about it, that's weird and messed up. But private businesses can pretty much decide who their clientele will be. Of course, the reaction of the market in general will decide if the place stays in business or not. I think it's good to publicize these things but not to worry too much about them.
s0nali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've never heard of clubs for fat folks banning people who weren't overweight or having a weight limit for entry. All of the private clubs or parties for plus sized folks that I've ever heard of are fat acceptance or size positive events for fat folks and their "admirers" whatever the size of their date or prospective dates. However anyone bashing or making fun of the fat folks at such a gathering would be asked to leave.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #5  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, there are always the "posh" clubs that only want celebs and hotties to spend their money on drinks and dance on their dance floors, but in my opinion...I'd rather go to a club or bar that accepted me and all my friends with the same enthusiasm. Red carpets and roped off lines be damned. If I owned a bar I'd keep the hoochies out...lmao!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/292/199

Height: 5'3

I didn't even realize that there is such a thing as a place with overweight people in mind.
lipsofanangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #7  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsqlchick View Post
Plenty of Dallas's hottest clubs are off-limits to the more zaftig residents of the city. It's not written down anywhere, but the bouncer will bounce your butt right out of line.

Plenty of Dallas clubs are laid-back and terrific places, but Dallas's upper crust isn't far removed from the shenanigans shown on the television show "Dallas". I know some of them, I know what they get up to. You wouldn't want to go in the ladies' room either. Bile doesn't smell very good.
I second this.

I've been soooo scared to go ANYWHERE because I'm afraid that I won't get in.

ISN'T THAT RIDICULOUS?
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #8  
Nordic Loser

S/C/G: 290/t/220

Height: 5' 6"

First time I've heard about not allowing fat people in bars! At least we have a law agaist such discrimination so it's not possible here. Phew...
Lady Pantsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #9  
Nordic Loser

S/C/G: 290/t/220

Height: 5' 6"

Well, I didn't say Scandinavia is a discrimination free zone. But there are differences in how the officials react to it. I can say, for a fact, that if a person faced discrimination based on for example colour, ethnic background or size, and reported it, it would be the bar (or whatever) doing the proving - that they had not done so, but had some acceptable reason behind it. There's no way a bar could just decide not to allow kenyans, gypsies, slim or fat people in. Ain't that great! I think it is.
Lady Pantsalot is offline   Reply With Quote