Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Rrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggh

I'm having a stressful day! I'm also trying to eat Low Carb/sbd/atkins/whatever the heck Its food. . .All I want right now is a cookie so fricking bad
actually I want PB on cheese crackers...I'm not hungry I've had salted PEanuts so the flavor or thereabouts has been in my mouth. I'm not doing this to me! NO
we're going to a bigi bbq tonight and I don't want to blow this now so then I can blow it more later.
This Rant was brought to you by the cookie monster. . .Now where did I put my mallet I'm bonking that blue Menace on the head!

Last edited by KO; 08-05-2008 at 05:04 PM.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #2  

Been there done that a zillion times. I really like the Beck Diet Solution. It is a behavioral cognitive approach to dieting and weight loss. She says that indecision makes the cravings stronger. Verbalizing it helps (although it can feel very silly). I am not eating a cookie. Period. End of discussion. Personally, I can't have cookies in the house.

You can do this!
Dawnajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #3  

I saw a cute and very "wise" comic the other day- something like "Gladys is frantic to reach someone on the phone because she is afraid to be alone with her thoughts". Sounds kinda heavy, but on the lighter side it is our freakin heads telling us we will just about die without the miserable crud. I am a big big fan of picking up the phone and (yes it is not pretty)....gossiping..... Lifetime or soap operas work too (all those gorgeous people with mega problems)
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Okay, so have a cookie.....

Don't kill me here, but make some pumpkin banana flax meal cookies and freeze the devils. Well, if you can eat just one and not break all your teeth out on frozen cookies. Everything I like in life, I'm trying to rework it so that I can have a little bit of it an not deprive myself. I haven't been able to do that with everything, like mac and cheese, but a lot of stuff I have. I made something called Healthy Nut Blueberry Banana Muffins a little while ago. I had a piece of roasted chicken with steamed veggies and shared 1/2 of a muffin with DH. Froze the rest and will put them in my DH bucket and give some to my diabetic dad. They have oat bran, wheat flour, some bit of white flour, flax meal, wheat germ and Splenda and other junk. Sorry you are having a stressful day and hope I haven't added to it. Someone over on Obesity.com wrote that she was seven years out and doing really well, maintaining her weight loss and her goal after surgery was to lose weight and get back to eating regular foods, but healthier and less. Seems to work okay for her, hope I do as well. Than another lady two years out said she had gain twenty pound back because she was eating okay, but attributed her weight gain due to sneaking a healthy cracker, cookies and such. So what in the heck is a girl to do?
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Brought to your by the cookie Monster!

Your funny!

"C is for cookie that's good enough for me...C is for cookie that's good enough for me...C is for cookie that's good enough for me....cookie cookie cookie starts with C"

Yes I work with children! LOL

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 08-05-2008 at 11:11 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I didn't have anything at work. . .that being said DH made my plate at the bbq complete with bun and potato salad. I didn't go crazy and I'm back on the horse this AM not bad
I'd much rather Rant than eat my feelings
oh and Dawna. . .Love beck just have to get the time to actually get on the beck thread
Old 08-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default B....b.....q!! Yummmmo!

Oh how I hate that word yummo. I've truly missed good BBQ! I tried some of the BBQ sauces out of the bottle and they were so bad and sour, I haven't wanted to waste pork on it again! I'm glad you didn't go crazy on the BBQ! And hope I didn't discourage you about the cookie thing. I'm into corn nuts right now. My bariatric leader said, "If you want something for the crunch factor, then eat corn nuts." Cheese-Zits and corn nuts are now both band from my house. I have to travel with a protein bar just about every where I go so that I don't disgrace myself in the potato chip isle and open a bag of "Robust" Cape Cod chips. THey are browned darker and I "heart" them!! I've made three different batches of brownies with splenda and I think they all stink! I'm going to think out of the box with those things and use my head and fix some fantastic brownies that I know are palatable and freeze well. I have to keep my DH interested in some food he can enjoy or he will go back to eating c*rap! He has lost 30 lbs so far and I'm really proud how he has stuck with it, but has to have a nutritional chocolate snack occasionally! LOL!! Don't we all. I came home from shopping and both grandkids told me that grandad at potato chips for lunch and told them not to tell Nanny!! He is so caught. I'm your biggest cheerleader so hang in there!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Nan Check out the south beach recipe thread I haven't done the brownies but hear they're good
Crunch wise I'm donig roasted chick peas 3 cans drained rinsed tossed with the spices of your choice
425 for 40 min stirring every 10