Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 AM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default No Excuses! Food and Exercise Accountability 8/4 - 8/10

Planning for tomorrow...feeling a bit better, but still pretty exhausted and achey. Now for the confession time - I've been getting sloppy on my intake, and the scale is showing it..this past week being sick was the worst. As of today, I'm 100% "back to basics" on plan.

We'll see how tomorrow goes, but here's the plan.

B - Double Fiber English Muffin w/ egg beaters, half slice of ham
S - 2 cups of honeydew
L - Leftovers - Matzo Ball Chicken Soup (soo sick, and it was soo good)
S - Protein Shake
S - Light Yogurt
D - 96% lean ground beef meatloaves, roasted red potato wedges, broccoli w/ garlic and lemon
S - Breyers NSA Ice Cream Bar (preportioned...the tub had been one of the sources of that "sloppy intake" bit)

E - I'm going to be super-optimistic and say 60 min strength, 55 min elliptical
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:45 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Glad to hear you're on the mend Amanda.

Well, I had a great weekend. Stayed well within my calorie allotment. First 7 day stretch in waaay too long. It feels really good.

I had too many BLT's though and I MUST work on that, but I came in okay. The cherries this weekend were phenomenal. Firm, large, crunchy and oh so sweet. Because of me overeating them, I had to switch around some other foods.

I really need to stick with the program. I have a goal of me getting back into my skinny jeans & be at my red line by on or before September 1.

But, and it's a biggie, I am going away this weekend. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I am going to PLAN in a splurge every single day of the weekend, instead of leaving it up in the air and splurging at every meal of the weekend. We'll see how that works. I do have hubby a bit more on my side now (not that that was ever relevant, I never relied on him or anyone else) as his doctor has demanded that he lose weight.

I'm off to take a walk, it's GLORIOUS outside.

Let's make it a good week everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I didn't eat too well this weekend. I won't make excuses for it though.

Today's plan:
B - blueberry bagel w/lf cream cheese, grapefruit juice
S - egg bagel w/lf cream cheese
L - teeny amount of leftover wild rice, salmon, mushroom mixture, leftover green beans w/roasted peppers
S - two plums, peach, banana, two small cookies, potato chips
D - muesli, pasta, sauce
S - cranberry bagel w/lf cream cheese
Exercise - none

Last edited by paperclippy; 08-05-2008 at 09:19 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Plan for Monday:

B~1/4 c nonfat cottage cheese, coffee (black) and 1 egg
S~carrots and pea pods
L~garden salad w/ff Italian (Romaine, tomato, orange pepper, cuke, 1/4 c chicken), 1 clementine
S~1/2 c ff Fage plain Greek yogurt with 1/4 c mushed blueberries
D~"taco" salad (ground chicken cooked w/ taco seasoning, lettuce, tomato, black beans, salsa, etc. and I'm going to try Greek yogurt on it instead of sour cream)
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

Arghhh. Weekend went okay, though I got behind yesterday and had a quidk sandwich instead of my nice chicken for dinner as I had to run to a meeting - it was one of those "I can get all this stuff done and still get there on time" deals. Not true....

B - cheerios with 1% milk, strawberries; ww toast w/pb,
L - turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato, cherries
D - DH and I are going to an appt in Anchorage, so I'm hoping to get him to a restaurant - I have several in mind where I can make good choices...
Ss - yogurt, ff latte
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

I'm glad that everyone had good weekends staying OP!

I behaved badly again and I'm not going to bore you with my excuses. My weekly weigh-in is tomorrow and since I've hid the scale from myself (except for weigh-ins) I have no idea what will happen...we'll see.

Back on track today.
Monday: (edited to reflect what really happened)
B - protein pancake, 1 c. sk milk, coffee
S - sm banana, 1/2 oz. raw walnuts
L - 1 sl. whole grain bread, 3 oz. lean deli ham, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery, 1/4 c. feta & spinach dip
S - 6 oz. lt. yogurt, 1 1/2 apricots, 1/2 oz. raw walnuts
gym - elliptical (50 min), Chest (25 min), abs (15 min), stairmaster HIIT (20 min)
post-gym snack - hm protein muffin
D - veggie burger, lt. wheat bun, salsa, 2 oz. pork., ginger & garlic green beans
Cal: 1543

Last edited by Megan1982; 08-05-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

Today was great, eating wise and exercise wise - felt GREAT today, actually, did a bunch more exercise than planned. All better, apparently, on the virus front. And I did well on the "on plan and no deviating" goal.

Planning for tomorrow:

B - Double Fiber English Muffin, egg beaters, half a ham slice
S - Cantaloupe
L - Leftover super lean beef meatloaf, small baked potato w/ fat free sour cream, and steamed broccoli and sugar peas.
S - Greek Yogurt and Sm. Nectarine
S - Dannon Light n Fit Yogurt (have so much yogurt about to go bad) if I'm still hungry
D - Chicken marinated in lemon and garlic, threaded onto skewers and grilled, served with "squash bake" (zucchini, tomato, basil, and garlic, topped with a thin layer of parmesan cheese and panko, and baked) and a side salad
S - NSA Breyers Ice Cream Bar

E - 60 on the elliptical, possible 30 min yoga.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Today was great, eating wise and exercise wise - felt GREAT today, actually, did a bunch more exercise than planned. And I did well on the "on plan and no deviating" goal.
Me too!!! Exactly. No BLT's or nothing! And it felt fantastic. It was the first time in a while that I easily passed up on tempting foods and just as importantly, that I didn't feel the desire to nibble.

I know keeping to the program this past weekend was the key. It just proves to me once again, the more you stay on plan, the more you want to stay on plan. And the more I stay on plan, the more (& harder) I want to exercise. It's just a wonderful snowball affect.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:22 AM   #9  
No description available.

Ok, an off plan day on Saturday + some type of body-invasion wild eating frenetic indulgence yesterday = 5.5 pounds more on the scale this am than last Thursday. I *know* it is water retention, maybe a pound of fat. I *know* that buckling down will get it to GO AWAY ASAP!!

So, my plan for today:

4 mile run--done
breakfast: protein pancakes
snack: protein shake, plum
lunch: turkey sandwich
snack: cottage cheese with blueberries & walnuts
dinner: fish and veggies
chocolate: calcium chews.
water: plenty

Last edited by midwife; 08-05-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: because I really can spell, I promise!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #10  
Chuggin' along...

I totally agree with you ladies about the snowball effect. I get a great one going Mon-Fri afternoon. Where oh where is my snowball come Friday through Sunday? Hellooooo snowball?

I think Robin said something like this last week: "Today is Tuesday, therefore I
will be OP". I'm saying it today. Yesterday was POP.

(edited to reflect what really happened)
Tuesday's plan:
B - protein pancake, 1 T. apple butter, 1 c. sk milk, coffee
S - sm banana, small slice homemade oatmeal bread w/ hm fruit butter
L - 1 sl. whole grain bread, 3 oz. lean deli ham, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery
S - 6 oz. lt. yogurt, small apple, 1 oz. raw walnuts
D - chicken sausage, salad
S - few wheat thins, 1 T lf cream cheese, little tastes of 4 different types of red pepper jelly (did a red pepper jelly tasting with my roommates to find the best recipe), 1 serving pretzels w/ 1 tsp. southwest mustard
Cal: 1935 - Wait, how did this happen??? Darn wheat thins!
Workout - Scuba diving for 1 hour, hauling scuba gear around!

Last edited by Megan1982; 08-06-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #11  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was another attack of the infinitely hungry tummy monster. Why am I so hungry lately? I drank a huge amount of water too. My weight has gone up steadily every day for the past week, and unsteadily for a couple weeks before that. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow morning but in the meantime I am constantly hungry and my weight this morning was 141.

Today's plan:
B - muesli (167) w/milk (65)
S - banana (105), plum (30)
L - pasta (250) w/sauce (60)
S - peach (60), oatmeal squares (220)
D - 1.5 ears corn (110), half a bagel (150) w/lf cream cheese (60), 1/2 C gazpacho (50?)
S - chocolate pudding (285)
Exercise - UBWO
Total - 1612

Last edited by paperclippy; 08-06-2008 at 09:00 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #12  

I have to have a blood test this morning (fasting) so I'm sitting here at my computer starving and rather light headed. 14 hours fasting? Ridiculous.

Plan for the day:
B~cottage cheese (as soon as the blood is drawn)
S~carrots and pea pods
L~left over "taco" salad from last night (no chips!!), clementine
S~Greek yogurt and 1/2 c blueberries
D~chicken and broccoli

Exercise: I did it. I signed up at the gym and have my first "appointment" with the personal trainer at 4 PM today. Wish me luck!

Side note: how much do you pay per hour of personal training? Mine is determined on how many you buy: $65 each if you buy 6, $60 each if you buy 10, and $55 each if you buy 15 or 20. I got 10.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #13  
No description available.

Congrats on signing up with a trainer, Allison!!

I love my personal trainer. I'd tell you how much I pay, but you will be jealous. Do you really want to know? $25 per hr session and I have 3 hrs per week. Worth every penny. Yes, writing the check each month is hard, but I know what a great deal I am getting. I remember posting in the weight lifting forum and asking if what my trainer charged was outrageous. Meg said outrageously inexpensive!

Ah, joy! Today my arms are sore after a workout yesterday and lugging the laundry has been....um, a challenge, but I'm delighted anyway. I hope you have a wonderful experience!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #14  

Thanks for the info. I did think it was a little steep, but I really need someone to show me the ropes. I think they only do one per week and each is over an hour long. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #15  
Moderating Mama

I used a trainer for a few months, got to know the gym, the equipment, and a wide variety of exercises, and got over my "I don't know what I'm doing! Eek!" syndrome with weights. Now I progress on my own, trainer free, using his exercises with more weight, as well as some others I looked up or watched video demos of.

Having one for a little while, though, was really helpful. Really, really helpful. I'm excited for you!