Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds--August Daily Check-in

Michele L
08-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Since everyone seems to be out walking.......

Friday was my birthday and I chose to have a lazy day!
Yesterday I was shopping all day. No cardio, but LOTS of steps!
Today we had my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary celebration with a brunch buffet. A while after I got home, I HAD to workout! I didn't overdo it, but I still felt guilty! I chose the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 2 pound soft weights.

I'm doing a challenge on Leslie's website, so I need to get more walking in!

Have a great week!

Michele :wave:

cathyxxx
08-04-2008, 11:51 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I got up early and did 3 miles. I used the Walk Away your Waistline with walk belt. :cheer:

Michele - Happy Late Birthday! hope you had a great one!

what's everybody doing today? walking?
hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

cmichele1974
08-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Yesterday, I finally caved and picked up a WATP dvd (5 Day Fit Walk). I plan to add it to my morning rotation.

I'll check in after I've done the workouts a few times.

cathyxxx
08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
hey gang :wave:

I am so excited and I just have to tell somebody.

Leslie Sansone has a myspace page and had sent out a bulletin that she was gonna change up her "top friends" list and to send her a note saying why she should add us. Well guess what.......SEE ADDED ME TO HER TOP FRIENDS LIST! LOL

I am so excited - silly I know - but I am

You can see her page at

www.myspace.com/lesliesansone

I'm the "Cathy & Ed" in camoflauge in the snow. 11th on her list of friends.

We were in the middle of a tropical storm this morning so I didn't walk - but now - I'm gonna have to go home and pop in one of her dvds and walk. ;)

hugs,
Cathy

Shy Moment
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Cathy
That is just to great :). I love Leslie. Her and I have an exercise date several times each week day.

Michele
Happy birthday

Sorry I haven't been around. Company left today and boy is a month with 5 extra people in your house way to long lol. This week is full of going to the camp grounds and to the state fair Friday and Saturday. I am walking walking walking :)

jw3280
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Newbie here, I am trying to do the 1 mile twice a day...I have been doing it for about a month. I can tell a difference in my body, not so much that other people can.
jean

Shy Moment
08-05-2008, 11:34 PM
jw
That is exactly how I started. One mile twice a day. It took all I could do with my low lung capacity to do that one mile. Now I can do 5 at a time and sometimes do 10 miles a day. Nice and easy one step at a time is the way to go.

cathyxxx
08-06-2008, 12:20 PM

I did 2 1/2 miles this morning. I used the Walk and Jog dvd and I jogged everytime that Leslie did :cheer: I'm feeling so much stronger since I've gotten better back into my routine.

hugs,
Cathy

Ambrosia
08-07-2008, 03:02 AM
Hello everyone!

I did the Walk Away The Pounds 3 mile workout yesterday after I finished the 30 Day Shred. I can get through the first mile easily but once I get to the last half of the second mile (where she adds the weights) I have to force myself to get through the rest.

jw3280
08-08-2008, 12:56 AM
I got in the morning and afternoon walks today, yesterday I was only able to do one. I do feel better when I get them both in.

cathyxxx
08-08-2008, 10:16 AM
happy 8 8 08 gang :wave:

I did 3 miles this morning. Used the 5 mile dvd and did the 2 fast miles and then the 3rd mile with the stretchie band.

What's everyone up to today?

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy

princesspeach
08-08-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL leslie sansone is 25 years old? really? *giggles*
i'm gonna start adding leslie to my firming :)

cathyxxx
08-11-2008, 10:35 AM

did anybody walk this weekend? I had a crazy busy weekend but didn't get in any walking with a dvd.

But this morning I got up at 5 am and did 2 miles. I used the 4 mile super challenge.

I ran across a good article called "Walking Prevents Cancer and Glaucoma" at:

http://walking.about.com/od/healthbenefits/a/caglaucoma.htm

thought I'd share it in case anyone else would like to read it. It's really nice to know all of the benefits we get from walking. Things like this help keep me motivated (since my scale hasn't moved in a long time).

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
08-11-2008, 05:59 PM
I am sooooooo excited! I just got in 2 of Leslie's newest dvds. The new Walking Down Your Blood Sugar and the new Heart Healthy Walk. :cheer:

cathyxxx
08-12-2008, 10:01 AM

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the new Walking Down Your Blood Sugar! I loved it!

what's everybody else up to?
have a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

Michele L
08-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Isn't that a great workout, Cathy? I bought it for my sister and then HAD to try it out! Now I have to buy HER a copy, cause I'm keeping this one! LOL

I've been doing Wii Fit everyday since I got it on Friday. I did do 2 Leslie Miles on Saturday and today I did the older Heart Healthy Walk (2 miles). I'll do my Wii Fit later today while the kids are gone.

Have a great week!

cathyxxx
08-13-2008, 11:31 AM

I did 2 miles this morning. Used the new Heart Healthy Walk.

Michele - it is a great workout. I love it. Which Wii Fit are you doing? or do all of the exercises come with it? do you like it?

what's everybody up to today?
hugs,
cathy

Michele L
08-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Cathy, Wii Fit comes with about 40 exercises (yoga, strength, aerobic and balance). You get a few of each when you start and as you spend some time and improve on those, you unlock new ones. It is SO FUN!

I did 3 Fast Miles today--now I'm going to play with my Wii Fit!

Ambrosia
08-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Finished the 3 mile dvd over an hour ago. I hate the arm (lateral sp?) raises with the weights.

cathyxxx
08-14-2008, 10:25 AM

all i wanted to do was sleep another hour this morning...but I got up anyway and did 2 miles :cheer:

I used the Walking Down Your Blood Sugar.

that's 4 days straight this week! whooohooooo

Michele - I wondered how that worked. My guys have a Wii but we don't have the Fit. it sounds cool! when do you get the Wii away from your kids to use it? ;-)

Ambrosia - that's awesome that you did all 5 miles. YOU GO GIRL!

hugs,
Cathy

Ambrosia
08-14-2008, 04:38 PM
I made a mistake it was the 3 mile DVD. LOL I would like to try the 5 mile in the future.

cathyxxx
08-14-2008, 05:15 PM
well even so...... CONGRATS ON THE 3 MILES!!!!
YOU GO GIRL! :)

cathyxxx
08-15-2008, 12:04 PM

I did 2 miles this morning. Used the Heart Healthy Walk.

I walked 5 days straight this week :cheer: whooohoooo

What's everybody else doing?
hugs,
Cathy

jw3280
08-15-2008, 02:25 PM
hi everyone,
I did the 2 mile today for the first time. I did it without the weights, in a day or two I will add them. It's not so bad.
I think I am unbalanced. I have a time staying in one spot like the people on the video! LOL

Heart Healthy Walk sounds like one I might like to do.

Michele, I have the WII Fit but I never use it. I tried the first few weeks I had it and couldn't do alot of the games. Must be my balance, likethe Hula Hoop and the Soccer couldn't do either. I'll try again and see if I have better luck....... I thought maybe it wouldn't do right cause I was on carpet. Is yours?
hugs

jw3280
08-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Have gotten 2 miles in for the past 3 mornings,
things are lookin' up.
jean

cathyxxx
08-18-2008, 10:08 AM

I got up early and did 2 miles. Used the Walk Down Your Blood Sugar dvd.

WAY TO GO JEAN!!!! you're doing great!

what's everybody doing today?
hope it's a great one
hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx
08-19-2008, 10:53 AM

where are all my walking buddies???

I walked 2 miles this morning. I used the Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles.

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
08-20-2008, 11:54 AM

boy it sure is lonely in here ;) where's everybody at?

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles. wish I would have had time to do all 3 miles but only had time for 2.

Hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

Michele L
08-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Today is the first day of school, and being a teacher has kept me SUPER BUSY! I have gotten over 14000 steps each day, but haven't done my Wii Fit since Friday:( My in-laws were here visiting over the weekend, too.

To whomever mentioned their Wii Fit and carpet: I added the extenders legs that came with it and it's fine on carpet. The first day I didn't and when I did, my little Mii chubbed up--apparently being on carpet without the legs interfered and it read my weight as too low.

I have done no formal fitness since Friday, but I will change that no later than this weekend!

Have a good one!

Michele :wave:

PurdueGirl98
08-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Hello people, Ive gotten back on the wagon AGAIN. Have been walking and fat smashing and have lost 6 lbs since last Tuesday.
My walk schedule this week:
Monday: Walk Strong Express w/ Stretchie
Tuesday: 2 Mile Express
Wednesday: 2 Mile High Calorie Burn
Thursday: Walk Strong w/ weights
Ill try to come and update daily.

thenogitsune
08-21-2008, 05:00 PM
I want to get this workout. How much is it and where can I get it?

cathyxxx
08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Michele - CONGRATS on all the steps! wow! you are a busy gal!

Purdue - CONGRATS on all the walking and the 6 lbs lost! I would :faint: if I lost 6 lbs. I'm thrilled for you!

Nog - which series are you looking for? the Walk Away the Pounds or the Walk Slim? both you can get at amazon.com or from Leslie's websites but the shipping can be a little high at her website. You can also get the Walk Slim 5 dvd system at QVC right now.

I did not get up this morning so I didn't get in my walking and I won't have time tonight either. I just found out I have to be at work before 7 am tomorrow morning so that knocks out my walking for tomorrow too unless I want to get up at 4 am and that ain't happenings. Dang I really should have gotten up this morning. oh well, live and learn.

hope everybody is having a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

stacysreadytolose
08-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to Walk Away the Pounds. I just received my Walk Away the Pounds Express DVD set w/stretchie yesterday. It has the 1, 2, and 3 mile workouts. I did the 1 mile today. It went by really fast. Another other DVD's you guys recommend?

PurdueGirl98
08-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I started with the Express series and I love it, its still a part of my weekly routine. I would also HIGHLY recommend the Walk Strong DVDs, if you are at all interested in working more muscle (she has an express version with stretchie and another version with weights). Its a GREAT workout.

PurdueGirl98
08-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Friday: 2 Mile Express
Saturday: Walk and Kick

stacysreadytolose
08-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Did 2 mile express brisk walk yesterday as well as my Turbo Jam Turbo Sculpt and Ab Jam. Think I will try the 3 mile today.

stacysreadytolose
08-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Did 3 mile today. Was okay, but I did notice I was a little more strained with it. Is there some sort of schedule I should be following? My pack just came with the 1, 2, and 3 mile express walks and the stretchie.

cathyxxx
08-25-2008, 12:05 PM

Saturday I cleaned for 5 hours and that was my exercise for the day.

This morning I got up at 5 and did 2 miles. I used the new Heart Healthy Walk.

hugs,
Cathy

PurdueGirl98
08-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Today I did the 3 Mile Super Fat Burning with weights!

cathyxxx
08-26-2008, 10:07 AM
hey gang

i got up early and did 2 miles. i used the Walking Down Your Blood Sugar dvd.

hugs,
Cathy

PurdueGirl98
08-26-2008, 02:15 PM
I purchased 2 DVDs in the Walk Slim series on ebay, The Fast Start with the 1,2, and 3 mile workouts and the 4 Really Big Miles DVD, im so excited to start using them!

cathyxxx
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Purdue - I'm excited for you :cheer: you are gonna love those dvds! YOU GO GIRL!!

PurdueGirl98
08-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks so much Cathy, I did the Walk Slim 2 Mile and Im in LOVE, I love the boosted walking! Great workout!

Dumplin
08-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Hello everyone, this morning I did 3miles with the weights (balls) it was a VHS old school I know . It really got me sweat'n!!! I guess thats all that matters!!!!!

PurdueGirl98
08-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Good job Dumplin!
I did the 2 Mile Express today with stretchie.

cathyxxx
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM

I did 3 miles this morning. I used the 3 Fast Miles. love it!

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
08-28-2008, 11:22 AM
hey - anybody check out Leslie's new look of her website?
it's very cool!

Michele L
08-28-2008, 03:55 PM
No fitness lately.....School is keeping me moving, but I need to find a schedule that lets me do a workout everyday! I miss my Wii Fit :tantrum:

PurdueGirl98
08-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Thursday I did the Walk Strong Express.

cathyxxx
08-30-2008, 09:44 PM
welllllllll hurrican gustav is gonna mess up my exercise.
i really hope that is all it messes up!
we are heading north in the morning
will catch y'all when we get back
later gaters,
cathy