Goal! - GatorAmanda - Down 73lbs in 10 months!

SunshineRunner
07-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Well it's my turn to join this thread.

How Did I Do It? I started out by having a Slim Fast shake every morning for breakfast. I recalled this site that I'd signed up for years ago (3FC) and re-found it. I read about everyone's successes, tips, hints, tricks, obsessions, bad times and good times. I read and read and learned and learned. I was only willing to make a lifestyle change that I could handle for the rest of my life. I wasn't willing to cut out carbs or eat anything fat free. I wasn't willing to eat a ton of fish for the rest of my life or eat tons of veggies (I eat my fair share, but far from what I should!)....I started counting calories, learned about fiber and sodium and started counting those as well. I started going to the gym 3 nights/week and increasing my time doing cardio...with some weight lifting. I eventually increased my gym time to 5 nights/week always doing cardio and weight training. I'd spend about 2 hours/night in the gym...and I loved it.

How long did it take? a whopping 10 months! I say that as a joke cause I think it's crazy that that was all it took....who knew something that took me 6 years to put on would only take 10 months to take off??!!?

What am I doing now? I'm still at the gym 5-6 nights/week. I've switched from only doing the elliptical (when I started I could only do 5 minutes!) to only using the treadmill (had to strenthen up my legs/knees/shins over time) and run between 3-5 miles/night. I lift weights focusing on my legs and arms and am just now getting into the dreaded abdominal muscles (really, it's just an exercise that I hate!...but I'm doing it now!), I practice both Yoga & Pilates a few times a week (except during the summer when my classes are difficult to get to due to scheduling conflicts)....I'm still eating healthy...I love to get lots of fiber in every day...upwards of 80 grams/day when I can. I eat lots of yummy cereals that I once thought tasted like cardboard. I love fresh fruits and yogurts and pasta. I even love potatoes (hey...another one of those things I just couldn't say no to!) and eat them a few times a week in various forms.

What does my future look like? If it is up to me, I'll be eating healthy for the rest of my life and helping others make smarter decisions as well. I'm hoping to run competitively eventually and tone up all over my body. Even though I've lifted weights during my entire weight loss, the toning that I'd like to achieve is definitely going to take more time. I plan on spending lots of time at the gym and not cutting back on my time there. I truly love being there.

I'd finally like to say thank you to all of my support system at 3FC. I don't even "speak" to many of you, yet so many of you have helped just by posting information for me to read. I truly appreciate everyone's support here and hope that what I've just written can help someone else along their journey!

TJFitnessDiva
07-29-2008, 07:28 PM
wow....your story is very inspiring! You look fabulous!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us :)

Kelleigh
07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Amanda this is so awesome! I'm so happy for you!:carrot:

Yes, I noticed how your smiled changed. Kinda a half smile to a full smile with teeth! WOW! You look great and you look like you feel better inside and out. I also love your haircut and color it's very flattering on you.

This is such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for posting and sharing.

:bravo::cheer3:

EZMONEY
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
:hug: I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! :hug:

It is obvious why I chose you as my running mate! ;)

:carrot: YOU ARE A WINNER KIDDO :carrot:

Mango683
07-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Your story is so inspiring and I especially love the photographic journey! My goal weight is the same and I know that it varies for each person, it is so reassuring to see that you look SO amazing! If I didn't know you were 155, I would have guessed that you were not a pound over 130!

Congrats on all of your hard work and thanks for helping people like myself continue on....:-)

beautifulone
07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
What an inspiring story! Bravo on your weight loss!!! :bravo: you look fabulous!!! Thank you for sharing :)

How long did it take? a whopping 10 months! I say that as a joke cause I think it's crazy that that was all it took....who knew something that took me 6 years to put on would only take 10 months to take off??!!?

So true. I've been thinking the same thing recently..

SunshineRunner
07-29-2008, 10:15 PM
wow....your story is very inspiring! You look fabulous!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us :)

Thank you for reading! I know it's a long read, but once I started typing I couldn't stop. I truly feel that I have a lot to share with others regarding weightloss, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle.

Amanda this is so awesome! I'm so happy for you!:carrot:

Yes, I noticed how your smiled changed. Kinda a half smile to a full smile with teeth! WOW! You look great and you look like you feel better inside and out. I also love your haircut and color it's very flattering on you.

This is such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for posting and sharing.

:bravo::cheer3:

Thanks about the haircut - I just got it about 6 weeks ago and love it. My color is natural - of course if you get too close you see lots and lots of gray hair...I know...hard to believe for someone 27 years old, but I've had it for many years. I hope by reading my story it will help you find your way!

:hug: I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! :hug:

It is obvious why I chose you as my running mate! ;)

:carrot: YOU ARE A WINNER KIDDO :carrot:

Thanks EZ - I love that we got to goal so close together! I was actually at goal a couple of days ago, but was being too lazy to put my story together...it definitely requires sitting down and spending time at the computer...and not out running!! Can't wait to run this weekend!

Your story is so inspiring and I especially love the photographic journey! My goal weight is the same and I know that it varies for each person, it is so reassuring to see that you look SO amazing! If I didn't know you were 155, I would have guessed that you were not a pound over 130!

Congrats on all of your hard work and thanks for helping people like myself continue on....:-)

Seriously??? 130??? You make me feel 200% better than I already do! I don't think I'd ever be able to be "healthy" and only weigh 130lbs. I will probably make it down into the 140's eventually, but I plan on toning up a lot more....so we shall see!

What an inspiring story! Bravo on your weight loss!!! :bravo: you look fabulous!!! Thank you for sharing :)

So true. I've been thinking the same thing recently..

Thank you! Glad I could help by sharing. I've done a lot of thinking during this process and believe me...it's a never ending thought process going on with the "what if's" and what not....

Skullarix
07-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I have to say WOW! I hope to achieve that level of success! Thank you for sharing with us.

beginme
07-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Congrats!!! You really do look amazing!!!!!

pipernoswiper
07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
wow, you look great!

fuzzyhare
07-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Your story is very inspiring!! You look amazing!!

JigglyBits
07-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Woah! You look so much younger and sexier! way to go, your story is very inspiring! thanks for sharing :D

stacysreadytolose
07-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Wow! That is amazing. You look great. It's very inspiring how when you finally decided to put your heart in it, you REALLY put your heart in it. Congratulations, and good luck with any other future aspirations.

Pink Princess
07-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Truly inspiring! I just joined today and am browsing the success stories for proof that I can make this happen with hard work. Your photos are that proof I was looking for. Congratulations!

lessthanthreeme
07-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Great job!!! You look FANTASTIC :]]

Matilda08
07-30-2008, 08:23 AM
You are looking great!!!!!

dgramie
07-30-2008, 08:30 AM
You look amazing! GREAT JOB! your story is just what i needed today!! Thanks for sharing.

Kayhm0711
07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
You look great! good job in your weight loss success. I hope I can find as much success as yourself. You look amazing:carrot:

lilukay
07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
You look absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. It's people like you that make me believe I can and should do this!!

starchild
07-30-2008, 12:19 PM
WOW, you look really great. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

WardHog
07-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Great job! You are inspiring!

walking2lose
07-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Amanda - You look amazing... so lean and fit! I read every word of your story, and it's very inspiring! Thanks for sharing. Congrats and enjoy!!!!

Mrs Snark
07-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow, great story and great photos! You look WONDERFUL! Congratulations!

QuiltFan101
08-01-2008, 07:39 PM
You look great You are a inspiration to us all

JulieJ08
08-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Congratulations. You rock that bikini!

Tomato
08-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow, Amanda, you are smokin' hot!!!

SunshineRunner
08-03-2008, 07:14 PM
You guys are soooo great!!! Thanks for all of your support throughout this ongoing journey!!! :)

I have to tell everyone, I did lose the weight fairly fast - but the main reason for that was my dedication to it. I rarely slipped up and went off plan. I lost quickly for the first few months, had about a 2.5 month stall out between March-June and then it started just falling back off. During my plateau - I never gave up and just kept chugging along keeping to my plan, making small adjustments, but also living my life! Eventually it just started falling off again and it came quickly - especially the last 10lbs...once it got moving!

I wish everyone luck and hope to see more of you in the Goal forum sooner than later! :)
~Amanda

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-03-2008, 07:54 PM
man you look awesome. I have "fallen off the wagon" this week and your post has got me motivated to get back into it. Congrats girl. You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And GOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LukesMommy1987
08-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow!!

I am close to your starting weight so this is very inspiring to me. I just wanted to say you are gorgeous!

How much time would you say you spent on the treadmill each workout?

CountingDown
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Absolutely fantastic! You look so healthy and fit and happy!
:D

SunshineRunner
08-04-2008, 12:29 AM
GatorGal - thanks for your support! Glad I could help you along as well! I was lucky enough during my journey to just not fall off the wagon...I did eat poorly at times, but my theory on losing weight is that I am going to "eat out" and eat things that aren't on plan...and that is okay as long as I make up for them by getting on track the following day.

LukesMommy - thank you for the compliments! they really make you feel good...especially (for me at least) after spending 5 years of not having them...or having them but not feeling them! I currently spend about 30-40 minutes on the treadmill. When I started I could only do the elliptical due to shin splints, and was on it for an hour. I then moved to using both the elliptical and treadmill trying to become a runner...and I'd vary it between 30 minutes and 60 minutes. Now I only do the treadmill and am trying to improve my 5k time...so currently between 30-40 minutes are spent on it...although I am trying to increase my distance....so that may change....it definitely took a lot of time for my strength and endurance to build up to use the treadmill as I use it today.

CountingDown - thank you very much! I am very happy these days and feel pretty fit as well! I run faster than some of the boys and for longer when at the gym...which makes me feel very good! I can't wait to get some really awesome "runner legs"...

xYourBelleMortex
08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
This is so inspirational!!! :carrot:

lointhecity
08-18-2008, 08:37 AM
THAT'S AMAZING!!! yay for another slimfaster like myself!! you look amazinnnnnnnngggggggggg!!

dmz1962
08-18-2008, 09:06 AM
That is wonderful. You look great. Thank you for sharing with us.

bargoo
08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Congratulations! You look great and years younger.

Dumplin
08-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey Girl just want you to know that YOU are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SunshineRunner
08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Thank you for all the kind remarks! The great news is that if you haven't done it already - you can too!!! If there is anything I can do to help any of you, feel free to PM me!

SunshineCA
08-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow!!!!! How freakin' AWESOME!!!

:bravo:

SunshineRunner
08-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Check out the dress I wore to a fundraiser/Clam Bake this past weekend. :) I must say I'm slightly impressed with myself! Please ignore my phony looking smile, I'm really bad at it when I'm taking photos of myself! :)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/100_1193_crop.jpg

painted lady
08-19-2008, 09:15 PM
you look fantastic! i've lost 40 pounds in the past year, and i understand hating photos of yourself. now i can look at myself in the mirror and think, "man, i'm pretty hot."

heather1979
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Amanda-
You truly look AMAZING! You ARE my inspiration. I hope you dont mind but I have booked marked your pics, everytime I get down Im gonna look at your progress. Thanks!

MotoMichelle
08-21-2008, 10:18 AM
You look awesome!! Congrats on your success! :congrat:

MagicEyez
08-21-2008, 11:55 AM
What an amazing story!!!! You truely are an inspiration!!!!!

DeltaGurl
08-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Amanda,

How inspiring! Finally something that a Gator can teach a Bulldawg!!! :D :hug: I can't wait. I have finally begun my journey and I expect next summer to be fabulous. 10 months huh? That is so AU-some. oh I am sorry all the SEC hype. My fingers just keep getting twisted. Thanks again for the inspiration!!! 11/01/08!!!

SunshineRunner
08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Haha DeltaGurl - I love the SEC talk and do it myself sometimes around here as well! 10 whole months - it's amazing that it took 5 years to put it on and only 10 months to take it off...seems to easy, right? Well as long as you stick to your plan - the one that works for you - it can easily be done! Thanks for your compliments!

Everyone - thank you so kindly for your nice words. Some days on this journey it was difficult, but honestly - one of the best things that worked for me was to come to 3FC and read, read, read - learning from the pros. Good luck in all your journey's!

JudyJudy
08-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Thank you, your story is very inspiring.

suenami
08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Absolutely stunning! You seriously do not look like you need to lose another ounce! Wow :)

-Susan

JulieJ08
08-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Check out the dress I wore to a fundraiser/Clam Bake this past weekend. :) I must say I'm slightly impressed with myself! Please ignore my phony looking smile, I'm really bad at it when I'm taking photos of myself! :)

I really *love* the dress and you look so fit! Thanks for posting the pic.

luvja
08-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Beautiful! I'm jealous of your hips!

VivienStarlust
08-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your story!! You look great!!

ricegrl
09-01-2008, 11:30 AM
What an inspiring story!

HisBeloved
09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Congratulations! You are an inspiration. My the way I used to live in Vero beach...small world

LindsayL0ve
09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
simply amazing.

Tamara
09-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Amazing!

linds315
09-14-2008, 05:17 PM
This is the stuff i love reading that gives me so much motivation. I guta keep it up..so thank you!

lesszmore
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Congrats u look amazing!

How long did u use the slim fast for??

Ladybug18
09-20-2008, 11:00 AM
AMANDA congradulations to you. thanks for sharing, you truely are inspiring me personally to cntinue my journey to reaching my goal.

luvin2lose
09-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Amazingly inspriational.

You truely have a reason to be proud of your body. The pictures speak volumes. Your body language changed along with your weight. I can hardly wait for my success post.

happeningf
09-20-2008, 06:16 PM
You look so fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itstime
09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Wow! Your story and your pictures are so inspiring. Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS!

rubbytummy
09-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Congratulations -- you look amazing! And thanks for the inspiration!

HotforTeacher80
10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I really needed some inspiration tonight and you gave it to me. You look fantastic!

SilentBlue
10-21-2008, 05:05 AM
Wow, you look great! Your story truely inspires me. I hope to up my exercise little at a time. Ah dig ur dolphin tat..I been wanting to get one.

Sasmnky
10-21-2008, 09:35 AM
WOWIE! What a cool story...I need to go work out now

Angel's_Dust
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Wow, congrats!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. Your arms and legs look so toned! I think you are really amazing for being able to lose that weight and exercise!! I'm trying to lose around the same amount and I hope I can do it in a year or less. I'm trying to become a runner in the future, but for now I only do 30 minutes walking 3x a week (I'm afraid for burning out). You definitely inspire me to work harder and add more minutes to my workouts.

Katelyn
11-03-2008, 07:15 PM
you look great!!!!! like a totally new person! congratulations

SunshineRunner
11-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all of your support!!! I've continued working out and do it 5-6 nights/week and run between 15-30 miles per week. My longest run so far is 9 miles but am signed up for a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) for Dec. 7th! My body appears to be losing weight due to all the toning going on (I get lots of comments about it) but I'm not losing lbs. because of the muscle gain at this point...but I have gone down to a size 6 pants and small shirts from just the workouts. I'm eating out a bit more than I'd like, but its probably okay cause I always find time to correct myself thru the week and eat right!

Good Luck to everyone!

JulieJ08
11-09-2008, 02:05 PM
My body appears to be losing weight due to all the toning going on (I get lots of comments about it) but I'm not losing lbs. because of the muscle gain at this point...but I have gone down to a size 6 pants and small shirts from just the workouts.

That is just fantastic! I'm still getting used to that kind of "weight loss" myself.

Lipgloss
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
"Wow" You have done a fantastic job and look amazing. Well done girlie! Thanks for the insperation! x

shari79
11-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow!! Great story!! You look SO AMAZING!!!! :)

basketsbears
11-22-2008, 11:06 AM
You look great! You are inspiring!

paycoguy
11-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Wow congratulations. I really admire someone who can dedicate themselves. The results look truly amazing.

PackersBearFan
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Oh wow! I read through your story and I can completely relate! I had such a similar experience once I went to college. You look amazing!!! Definitely inspiration for me :)

Lucia
12-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi! I read your story and I must say that is very inspiring and you look great.
Congratulations!

UrthWurm
12-28-2008, 10:20 PM
It's seeing you & everyone else who has come just so very far that motivates me day in & day out. I can't thank you enough for doing this for yourself, as well as inspiring others to accomplish their dreams as well. Thank you for your hard work & dedication, now go enjoy what you've created!!

wickky
12-29-2008, 01:10 AM
You look stunning! Thanks for shring your story!:broc:

Lori259
12-29-2008, 02:35 AM
I am inspired! WOW YOU LOOK AMAZING!
Thanks so much for sharing.

Findmyself
12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Great job!! A real great story!!

laaiqahm
02-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Insparational!! Thanks for sharing!

Dandelion Trickle
02-21-2009, 02:12 AM
You look so good. Congratulations :)

Tryingtostayskinny
02-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Congrats! You look wonderful!

devilsrule2004
03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
awsome congrats

freckfrecks
03-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Congratulations! And thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm just getting started and it helps to know that it can be done!

chuba
03-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Thanks for sharing your story and pics--very inspirational!

Tara415
03-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow! This is such an inspiring post and I really enjoyed reading your story! Congratulations!

Jesse Sanders
03-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow, you really look great! Thanks for sharing!

WhitePicketFences
04-07-2009, 11:05 AM
You look great. I really loved your story because we are the same age and height, though I had gained almost 30 more lbs than you (also post HS eating disorder and college fitness!).

You are transformed -- look so pretty and healthy in your photos. I can't wait to get 'back to me,' as well. I was just thinking the other day that I am already feeling more like my old self than I have in years, for lack of a better way to put it.

What struck me is the way you held on, through the months, through the 2 where your weight didn't move. I have had weeks (1-2 at a time, at random times) when my weight didn't move. I worry that it will not move for longer periods of time and so I've been steeling myself, making sure that it will not defeat me if/when that happens.

Anyway, I type a lot. Thanks for sharing your story.

ThickAZChick
08-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Just joined the site last week...Your story is truly inspirational. Thank you for sharing. You gave me the motivation I needed to get off my butt today! lol

misspiggy408
08-12-2009, 12:51 PM
WOW ...you look great! Hope i look like that in a bikini when I reach my goal! :D Congrats!

ctokarek
08-13-2009, 02:56 AM
you look incredible!!! Good for you for sticking with it, your an inspiration to all.

angieaang
08-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Woow! Awesome! You look so good! Congratulations! What an accomplishment! :)

Deana
08-14-2009, 09:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! Phenomenal story! :carrot::carrot:

From a UF Alumni ;)

ChloeG
08-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Awesome, Amanda. Are you still using Slim-Fast??? I've thought about using the Low-Carb one. I don't see why it couldn't be used for life.

mirasha
08-20-2009, 02:55 PM
This is such a fantastic success story. You have done so well for yourself. The difference in your photographs are staggering. My goal is to one day trim up enough so I don't feel ashamed about putting on a bikini! (All of my weight deposits itself directly onto my butt and belly apparently... why can't I have a transfer program and put that weight somewhere useful.. like.. the chest perhaps? Sigh.)

This is such an inspiring story. Congrats on your hard work.

g8torgirl
10-26-2009, 12:16 AM
From a current gator, congrats! Such an inspiration! I've been going to southwest rec a few times a week + just got a trainer that's starting to show me good form/technique with working out.

P.s. you look amazing!

AlienNatalie
10-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Oh my God you look gorgeous!! Congrats! Seriously, this is such an inspiration for those of us just starting out on our journey. Thank you so much for sharing!

gabbyluv
10-27-2009, 12:39 AM
wwwow great job! you look super beautiful i have aquestion do you have any tips for arms?i hate my arms they are so big!!!! thanks xoxo

macu130
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Gorgeous!! Your legs look awesome!!! An all in 10months?!! Way to go!

beautiful9800
01-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks for sharing your weightloss story, it's very inspiring.

vontrese
01-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Wow lady! You look AWESOME!!!

broadwaydreamer
07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
You look amazing. I really identified with your story, it's so great to hear that someone can pull everything back together and regain their health and life.

peace4me
07-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Wow! You look amazing! Congrats on your success. Very inspirational story.

AmandaW
07-24-2010, 03:00 PM
You look great, and totally give me hope for getting into a bikini someday! I also had to comment because my name is Amanda and I'm the hugest Gator fan ever :) No really, I painted a room in my house orange and blue.

Great job! I can't wait until the day I share my goal pics, too.

Alana in Canada
07-26-2010, 03:14 AM
Congratulations! I'm so glad your story is here!

freckfrecks
07-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Well done! Thank you for sharing, it has definitely inspired me to keep going,

Rarr777
08-01-2010, 11:57 PM
You are truly an inspiration! I've been in a rut for a bit, It's time to get my butt in gear again. Thanks !

ShiningStar05
08-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Your story is very inspiring and you look incredible.

presence
08-10-2010, 01:45 AM
what a motivation!! in 10 months i will be graduating from nursing school and my height/starting weight are very similar to yours...you are the inspiration and proof i need to know i can do it!!!

thank you for sharing your success!

Health Nut
08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
So inspiring. This changed my life.

elleohelle
08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
You look amazing. I'm glad you've found a weight that works for you and hope you can keep yourself at that weight.

bigjosie
08-23-2010, 01:40 PM
awesome work!

Natasha1534
08-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Stunning!!! Congratulations...all your hard work has definitely paid off.

Raspberry 1984
12-12-2010, 02:02 PM
fantastic :)

kaskocsakama
12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Good Job

Faux
01-02-2011, 12:22 AM
congrats you look great!

resmarted
01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Get it, girl! You look so fly in your 'kinis! What an awesome story too

Hawaii Bound
01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
That is a huge loss for only 10 months. Congrats!

LibraMck
01-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Thank you for your story. I love that it is long. The length of your story allows you to share all of the necessary parts needed to help others. Congratulations and thanks again for sharing!

missbrowneyes
03-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Way to go! I am also 5'8 and my goal is 130. I have been working on it since last summer and have I lost 22 lbs! I have learned to eat healthy and make proper food choices. Congrats on your hard work!:carrot: