Old 07-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215-220?/200/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Birthday recipe ideas

So my birthday is in 2 weeks and traditionally i have a meal with my extended family and what not. the problem we are all trying to lose weight for my bro's wedding and i don't really like the "traditional" food we normally have anymore. so our options are to meet them at a restaurant but our only options are really applebees or a buffet. OR i thought maybe i could cook (instead of them) but I need some ideas that:

1. Aren't spicy (i LOVE spicy foods but my extended family is pretty bland)
2. Can feed at least 7-11 people
3. Has some protein
4. I need a main entree, a side, and a dessert that won't take up an entire day's worth of calories
5. Is NOT just meat-- I personally hate meat and suck at cooking it soo it would need to be something that could be incorporated into the main entree but not just BE the main entree (if that makes sense haha!)

all i can think of is like stuffed shells because everything else i cook is usually spicy

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by M a g g i e; 07-28-2008 at 03:08 PM.
M a g g i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #2  
Go BLACK Team!!

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

For my bday in May I didn't want a normal fattening cake with mega-calorie icing (but I still wanted cake, cuz I do love me some cake!), so we made a "Coke Cake". Basically, you just pick out your favorite boxed cake mix (we went with chocolate) and instead of adding the normal egg, oil, & water, you ONLY add 1 can of soda (diet or regular - we used Diet Dr Pepper). You can make a cake or cupcakes (we did cupcakes) and bake as directed. SOOOO yummy! We just added some light Cool Whip on top. It's definitely a little different than "normal" cake - little more crumbly (need to eat with a fork), but really really good and much healthier than regular cake. Plus, there are so many flavor options - just change up the cake flavor and the soda flavor! Mmmmmm!
sunback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215-220?/200/155

Height: 5'9"

okay actually i found a low cal fettuccine alfredo recipe that I'm going to add grilled chicken to so now I need a side dish (besides salad because i know I will be having that) and a dessert. I've done the coke cake before and it was good and I'll probably do that on my actual birthday but I kind of want to try something new for dessert (but definitely chocolatey!!)
M a g g i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #4  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Maybe for a side dish grilled or sauteed squash, zuchinni, onion and eggplant? Also its summer so grilled corn on the cob is delish. For dessert why not make chocolate covered strawberries? yummy or like a homemade icecream cake? there are lots of great recepies for them online and you can change them up to fit your caloric desires
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #5  
Changing for the better

Since it is summertime, strawberry shortcake would be perfect for dessert!! yum....

Just buy some angel food cake, Cool Whip, and fresh strawberries....dump everything together in chunks....and voila! Easy and delicious

Last edited by Kitegirl24; 07-28-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #6  
Claire Bears

S/C/G: 125/106/100

Height: 5'1

pick up the "most decadent diet ever" by devin alexander or google her anme and her chocolate not only in your dreams cake. its low calorie and amazing and I made it for my friend's birthday last year as she was trying to lose weight. She also has lots of low calorie versions of delicious foods.
ClaireFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

This might sound like a werid desert idea and I'm not sure on the nutritional content but what about getting a oreo pie crust and chocolate cool whip. Thaw the cool whip and spoon it into the crust and re-freeze. It sounds like it would be pretty good and cool whip is very low in calories.

Also I know you said you found an alfrado recipe but hungry girl has a very good recipe for that.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:43 AM   #8  
Stay at Home Mommy

S/C/G: 312/312/160

Height: 5'5"

Personally, I like to make Jello cakes. I use enova oil (instead of vegetable or canola) and an egg as usual (and usually a white or yellow cake). Bake the cake, and when it comes out and cools, you take a fork and poke it all through the cake to create some holes. I mix up some jello (any flavor, sugar free), pour it over the cake, then the "icing" is lite cool whip. ^^ very yummy. My personal favorite flavor to do it in is orange. xD
stariankyonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/166/132

Height: 5'9

Maybe you could have a barbecue? Let everyone be a part of making the meal, have meat, chicken, some grill friendly vegetables. Then everyone can choose what they want - maybe just meat and a salad for some, or a skewer with vegetables and a piece of chicken for others.
BlondeAmbition08 is offline   Reply With Quote