Old 07-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 7/27/08

Good morning--Happy Monday

I had a good weekend. The disco birthday party was fun--great DJ. Too many people were dressed up as hippies--what's up with that? Surprisingly the wedding went very well, even though at first the bride was not easy to deal with.

My eating this weekend was so-so. Lately, I'm doing much better during the week, but on the weekend. For example, yesterday just had to have a pina colada! Went clothes shopping yesterday and bought a pair of white jeans and a pretty skirt at Chico's. Big sale there. I was quite disappointed in the other stores. The tops especially are so unflattering--make women look preggers.

I have a proposal due today and another one starting up, so I'll be busy at work.

How is everyone else?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! Just a quick note here before I leave for vacation.

I had a quiet weekend for the most part. Saturday I had some training at the WW center for the new CHAMP computer system that we're supposed to be getting in August. I had tickets to go to Beer on the Bay and had a good time there--the weather was perfect for the outdoor event. There were 25 microbreweries that participated so I was able to try some different beers. Sunday DH and I went and picked fresh blueberries. I ate quite a few of them while I was picking; they are delicious!

I called the doctor back on Friday and told them that I was still having pain in my wrists and that the numbness in my fingers was really frustrating. They called in a muscle relaxer and that has helped with sleeping at night; the flip side is that it makes me really tired so I try not to take it during the day. I also called my DH's chiropractor and they're going to try and get me in with a cancellation but I'll have to wait. We leave tomorrow morning for Lake Placid. I'm hoping that something opens up next week that I can get in. In talking with them they feel it's something pinched in my neck. What's funny about that is when I went in for the xrays on my wrists the girls in the radiology dept. suggested that if the carpal tunnel was clear that I should investigate a problem with my neck/back.

Well, gotta get my packing done--we're planning to leave at 6 am tomorrow. If I get a chance I'll check in--otherwise I'll be back next week!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #3  

Sounds like a fun weekend, Melissa. Yum--blueberries. How do you eat them? I like them on cereal, on ice cream (that would be low-fat yogurt), and blueberry pie. Boy, all I can think of are high points things. Actually I have a good blueberry crumble recipe that is low points. Oh, I envy you going on vacation. I need it bad. Sorry about your wrists. I'm still thinking it's a pinched nerve or something.

You mentioned CHAMP. Does that mean there will be laptops at the meetings now?

Had a stressful day at work yesterday. I know Lori can relate. I had a proposal due yesterday. When I came in, I saw the chief technical writer and just asked--so how's it coming along? He started yelling at me that he had to work late Friday and where was I? I just said: "good-bye" and left his office. I had done a lot on the proposal, but there was nothing for me to do on Friday night. Geezh. Some of these people.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I have been SO busy this week... haven't had much time to do anything. I am up to 166, but have been maintaining that. I think I need to let go of the thought of losing any more right now, especially since we are TTC and be happy with maintaining. I mean, I'm not unhappy with it, so why push myself to do something I'm not really motivated to do?

Melissa - Have fun at the lake... I really hope you figure out how to deal with all these symptoms/side effects/etc soon. I know what its like to have to put up with that stuff for long periods of time

Lisa - I know what that conversation with your writer is like... I think you took the right approach to his attitude!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #5  

Lori, I knew you could relate to the technical writer. I don't go around tooting my own horn. I had actually done a lot on the proposal, but I couldn't write the technical section (duh!) Believe me, they wouldn't want me to write it! The proposal went in on time, so we'll see. I'm working on a couple more.

Had a good weekend so far. DH and I played golf twice. It's raining right now; we have surely had rainy weather.

Made a great broiled shrimp and zucchini salad for dinner. DH liked it. Like you, I'm holding at the same weight. I would love to lose another 3 pounds, but it's sort of hopeless for some reason. Why stress out? I'm still below my WW goal.

I hope Melissa is having a good time.