Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #1  

Smile Need a WW Points Friend

Hi,

I'm 3 1/2 weeks new to Weight Watchers. I started at 201 looking to get to 140 / 135. I am just looking for someone to exchange ideas, be there for support, someone going through the same things, kids, families, work, etc.... I really love weight watchers so far. I have lost 11.4 pounds as of last Friday. I am usually impatient about losing weight, but I have to stick with it!!!!!! I'm a mother of 5, I'm 36 and I live in Florida.
HotMommaOf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hello, and a big to 3FCs, especially to the Weight Watcher's forum. If you look around here, you'll find all sorts of different groups that will welcome you into the fold, such as age groups, Core groups, Flex groups, at Home groups, etc.

I personally post at the Health Focused Friends group here, and invite anyone reading this to please come join us! Good luck to you, and if you need anything, just let me know.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

I'd love to be your WW points friend, I could use one myself!!! Nice to meet you
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/304/185

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Hi There
I am also new to Weight Watchers - I am just starting my 4th week. I have lost 7 lbs and have a long way to go...

I love the Flex Plan and would be happy to help with points counting. I have received hundreds of recipes and would be happy to share at any time; just let me know if you are looking for soup, dessert, smoothie, etc.

We can do this.
Tacklenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #5  

Hi,

Thanks for posting a message. I new to this whole posting messages - forum thing. So, please forgive my ignorance on that. So how long have you been doing the WWPoints plan? What are your goals? I'm just enjoying learning new things to make to eat. LOL
Old 07-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #6  

Hi,

Thanks for posting a reply. I would love any advice or recipes you may have. Also, I am new to how the whole forum thing works. How do you get the things on the side that say your height and your S/c/g? It took me a while to figure out what that means... lol.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

To get the s/c/g/ weight & height under your avatar, first, click on the blueish purple bar at the top of the page, where it says User CP, then click on the Edit Profile option. Once that page comes up, scroll down to the "Additional Information" section and follow the user-friendly instructions there. Hope this helps.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #8  

Smile

Hi - We seem to have similar circumstances. I am a working mom to 4 (soon to be a HOT MOM to 4!) and am very determined to get this weight off for good! I have done WW on and off for years, but am really serious now. I started again at the beginning of the year and have a slow go of it - I've lost 17 pounds, but had much higher goals for myself by July. Oh well, I can only change today and tomorrow, not the past so I am going to really follow the program from now on. I should be able to make really good progress as long as I'm consistent! Congrats to you on your weight loss, you've done great! I would love to support each other in this journey - keep up the good work!
onmyweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Hello, and welcome, HotMomma! Congrats on your weight loss over the past few weeks, and welcome here! The support and information here are incredibly helpful. Hope you enjoy it!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #10  

Hey everyone,
I need help......I am trying to do the ww but am having trouble staying on the plan. I start out good in the morning but usually fail by night. I need a ww buddy that will help me.
Brighter Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #11  
LeylandMiniChick

S/C/G: 211/199/132

Height: 159cm

HI Brighter Day - i'm Jess from Australia and i will be your buddy if you haven't already found one. I have about 34kgs to lose (lost 4 so far - yay! i love WW). it took me a while to stop eating so much junk food at night times as i am on my own at night (hubby at work) and i get bored and watch dvds then inevitably go to the fridge/cupboard looking for snacks.
how exactly do you 'fail' at night? is it too many high point foods? or are u a binging chocolate addict like me lol
swae85 is offline   Reply With Quote