Old 07-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #1  
Soon to be Slim

S/C/G: 305/304/150

Height: 5ft 7in

Red face HELP!! Can't get motivated...

Help.. I can't get motivated.. I have High Blood Pressure and really can feel it. I need to lose 150 pounds by 2012.. (short and to the point)

I am a newbie.. I will be following the WW plan. Can anyone give me ideas on how to start again? I have all the materials and am ready to get rolling, it just seems like I can't get over the hill. I see it in front of me and trying to climb it ...any advise will be helpful.

my goal is to wear the slinky dress and high heels out of the town with my hubby. I have never been able to wear that... I'd love to be a size 12.
I am now a 26/28 - 30/32.

anyone in the Harrisburg Pa area that wants a workout buddy?

ShrineLadyKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

I'm not on the WW program or anyother program myself. Actually, I know where you're at with the no motivation because I'm there too. But as someone who's lost weight in the past, my first advise to you is to relax. Set a smaller goal. Not for the long run, but just for now. It's great that you're giving yourself that much time to lose weight instead of trying to lose the 150 ls by . . . say next year. But if you look at this whole weight lose thing as a hill you'll become discouraged. Look at it more like a small incline. Then once you really get going you and make that incline steeper.

If you're having problems moving get yourself a good pair of walking shoes and a pedometer and get out there and walk. Or do it in your house. I know personally, when I wear mine I tend to walk more, if nothing else than to see the numbers go up. But I have to say, don't go with a cheap pedometer. They measure the slightest bump as a step. This will also help with the high blood pressure.

In short, start of small and then build up. But good luck and have fun.
Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Plan out some meals, to see how your points work out. Look up recipes, and see if you can re-work them to cost you fewer points. Maybe that'll get you a little excited, and you'll want to start for sure!
Dawnslight is right, maybe starting with a small goal is a workable solution for you. Like getting all your vegetables and water, and maybe walk to the store for milk now and then.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #4  
MakingChanges...

Have you tried to find a WW group in your area? Maybe you could attend some of their meetings and find a fellow WW'er to buddy up with. I'm having a tough time getting motivated to exercise. Right now I am trying the Fat Smash diet, which requires a detox phase for the first 9 days - I'm on day 5. The diet itself is not so bad but I cannot get motivated to move! I have been walking during my breaks at work but that's about it.

What has helped me get started is setting small goals. Instead of looking at the big picture and getting discouraged - I just set a small weekly goal. That is how I am going to try to stay focused and motivated. Good Luck!
Rayne33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I have plenty of times when it's hard for me to get motivated, too.

I agree with the others... try looking through your materials, start planning some menus, look at some recipes. Come here and read through the threads. There is fantastic support here!!

Also, I agree about setting some mini-goals. I have my long-term goal but I also set myself mini-goals in 5-lb increments. It's exciting to even reach the mini-goals, even when it has taken me a whole month or two to lose that 5 lbs.

I'm not horribly, horribly far from you. Wonder if there is a halfway point where we could meet once every couple weeks (gas prices and all). I'm just about 60 miles north of Harrisburg. A 30 mile halfway point would be nothing on the Interstate. Looks like Swatara State Park and Fort Indiantown Gap are kind of halfway. Just a thought.

Best wishes...and keep coming back here! I love it here .

Last edited by luvmyfam; 07-10-2008 at 07:22 PM.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #6  
Soon to be Slim

S/C/G: 305/304/150

Height: 5ft 7in

Thanks so much for the support and advise.. I think looking at it in smaller goals wil indeed be easier. So I will try to take it 5 pounds at a time.

Thanks so much for all the advise!!
ShrineLadyKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #7  
banned

you can do it kim! we both will!!!
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #8  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations, Kim, on your efforts to start a lifestyle change for better health and fitness.

You can do this and you will be so proud of yourself when you do.

Maybe making a grocery list and shopping to re-stock your kitchen with more nutritional foods will help you get motivated. Being on this website will definitely get you motivated when you see how others have met their goals and mini goals.

Be sure to include the 8 Healthy Guidelines everyday.

Wishing You All The Best
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:38 AM   #9  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

I always get back on track by watching videos on youtube about weight loss. You should try it, it really does help.
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote