Old 07-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #1  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Back for a different reason; time to go premium!

My crazy boss said something to me the other day... he rarely sits down with his employees and shares any type of wisdom, but the restaurant closed early last week and it was just us sitting and drinking wine. I was explaining how I keep in shape, that I watched my calories but that I often have McDonalds for dinner because I'm busy and its convenient. He said to me, "you love your car, right?" (I drive a little Honda convertible that is my baby). I said, "yes," and he asked, "do you put premium gasoline in your car or regular?" "Premium, always," I answered. He smiled and said, "you want only the best to put in your car, but you do not care about the quality of what you put in your body? You will only run as long and as well as what you take in."

I guess he was telling me something that has already been said countless times: you are what you eat. But it took an analogy to my Honda to make this car-crazy girl really THINK about what that means.

I have always wanted to lose weight for the wrong reasons... I didn't care about getting healthy or fit, I just wanted to look hot. And I've maintained this low weight for about 6 months now (I lost all the weight three years ago, then packed a bunch back on before returning to a comfortable weight). But the thing is, now I find myself returning to 3FC and to a stricter eating plan (I've been cheating a bit, hehe ), all for a different reason: a genuine desire to get healthy.

When I couldn't stop thinking about what my boss said, I went to the Whole Foods nearby for the first time and bought some organic groceries. Now I'm not about to go vegan or anything, but this is a start. I love my body, more than even my car, and it's time I started treating it that way.

So to anyone who's ready to go premium with me or has any good suggestions about great, convenient foods that are not just low cal but organic and nutritious, I'd love some feedback.
bodyTOObootylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Wow - that a neat way to think about it!

Head on over to the Whole Foods Lifestyle forum...you'll find all kinds of ideas, recipes, and tips to make it easier to "go premium"
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/266/143

Height: 5'6"

Spent it now on quality food, or spend it later on quality medications!!!
JetSet1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

JetSet, that is a great point! I'm going to think about it every time I cringe at how much my healthy groceries cost!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #5  
I will do this.

paris I don't think that you HAVE to go organic to be healthy. I spend about 94 dollars for food for two people for a week and I shop at super target. You can buy a bunch of apples, peaches or any kind of fruit for as much as it costs to buy a bag of chex mix. Right now where I live 3 green bell peppers are 2 dollars! By putting more money towards the food I buy my fiancee and I have made a promise to each other to eat out only once a month. You just have to look for deals and make it a priority in your life to put healthy food in your fridge and in your body.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

You are totally right, Taylor. I generally don't buy organic, but it still always seems like a lot of money, especially when I buy seafood. It's definitely worth it though.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back!

That is a really good way to think about it and a great way to put it into presperctive.

To tell you something every time before when I tried to lose weight I would always do it because I was loney and wanted to lok hot. Well once I finally to lose weight to get me healthy and for me then the weight starting coming out. I didn't set up unrealistic goals and didn't feel like a failure because I would not get hit on after I started to lose weight. (thus causing me to give up). And do you know what I realized how beautiful I am and I'm still shocked and how much I get hit on now.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #8  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Honestly, we spend LESS now that we're on our new healthy lifestyle.

Cutting out most of the fast food, the takeout, the snacks and treats--- we buy veggies, bread, pasta, rice, and meat... and some fillers--- and that's it. We were eating such HUGE QUANTITIES of food that now that we're portioning and such, we eat WAY less and spend less, let alone what we're saving by not buying the additional JUNK to normal groceries.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote