Old 06-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #1  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default At Home Support Group....06/29 - 07/05

Hello all,

I thought I'd start the new post for this week. I know many are still on vacation and some have just taken a break for summer time. Hope everyone is doing well, I'll check in and WI later in the week. I know many will be traveling this week to see family and fireworks. Please be careful.

Talk to you all soon!
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Morning Brianna! Hi everyone!

Just a quickie to let you know that I am thinking about you! I will WI on Thursday and let you know. I did not make my vacation goal of 15#. It was only 9#..............and I'm not complaining! I did extend my ticker to reflect the 4th of July........and then.......I went, Ummmm, thats Friday! Haha! So, I don't think I'll make that one either. Oh well!

Stay OP, drink lots of water and shake those booty's!

~jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #3  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hi! I am new here and I was hoping to join your group. I have done WW in the past and this time I was going to try it at home on my own. I have been exercising for the past 4 months, almost 5 days a week and I actually gained 5lbs! I need to bring counting points back into my life!
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.
Jenny
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #4  
jeanne

Hi Jenny!!! Welcome! Exercising 5 days a week!?!?!? You go girl! That is some motivation!!!! You mentioned a gain, that is probably muscle that you have from all the exercising. I agree, you should probably start counting points again. Good Luck and keep us posted!
~jeanne

mom2 - I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE I SAW YOU ON OTHER POSTS.........HAHAHA!!! Anyways...........hugs and I hope things are good at your end of the world!

Hi Brianna - Hope you are having a good week! Stay strong!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #5  
One day at a time....

Default Morning all...

So I had a slip yesterday evening. I ate two slices of pizza and then 3 chocolate chip cookies and I stepped on the scale today and I can definately see the oops!! Anyways I told my hubby this morning that I'm still full from last night and that it wasn't that good. I'm going to work on staying OP for the rest of the week. I'll just have to make sure I don't really slurge.

Jeanne - hope you are having a good vacation. Love the new picture.

Jenny- your more than welcome here!! As you can see many of us have have been in your position. I noticed that I stopped exercising and I dropped some weight, but that may have been some muscle mass. Keep up the good work.

By the way I'll do my WI tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Ok, ok, ok, I WAS out there!

I've been so on plan, but not losing any pounds! It is so frustrating! I lost .5 this week and when I got on the scale this morning that half a pound was back and it brought a friend! I adjusted my POINTS and started using some flex points, it seems to be helping a little (no more high swings in the middle of the week). I'm under a huge amount of stress right now, so I'm wondering if that doesn't have something to do with it.

Anyway...

It's good to see everyone!

Welcome Jenny!

Briana - - we all have those days! You're so close to goal!

Jeanne - - I love the new picture!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #7  
One day at a time....

Default Morning all.....

I did my WI this morning. But let me just say that I ate hardly anything yesterday b/c I was full from the night before. I had a Lean Cuisine for lunch and then some FF hot dogs w/ one bun for dinner. I was stuffed. Anyways, I'm back down to what I was last week at WI so it's a maintain for me. I'm glad in one way but disappointed in another. I know it's part of the routine for me, but still.....

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and plz be careful.

Talk to you all later.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #8  
Finding success on beach

Default Hi!

Thanks for welcoming me! I have been trying SO HARD this week! But by the end of the day I seem to be over by a few points... ARG!!! I scaled back my workouts. I am still aiming for 4-5 days a week, but instead of going to the gym all 5 days, I am only going to the gym 2 days for weight training and then those other 2-3 days I am taking walks outside. Each and everytime I have lost weight it has been with the help of just plain old walking. I took measurements when I first started, and I know I am losing inches, I have lost 5" off my waist and hips! I just wish the scale would come down too!!
I hate to stop now since it has become a way of life for me, and I actually enjoy going! It is the 1 hour a day I get to myself with my iPod.

Has anyone tried the "Wendie" way of counting? Reading that post made it sound like my life story!

Good luck this weekend ladies with the 4th of July! I am really hoping to stay on target.
-Jenny
Old 07-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #9  
jeanne

Hi! Just a quickie to say that unfortunately I did not have a loss this week! I gained 2#!!!! But, beings I was on vacation for 10 days - I'll accept that and move on!

Have a great day everyone!

jeanne
Old 07-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #10  

I tried the Wendie plan, I could never remember how many POINTS I could have each day and was always all messed up on it. I hear it works if you can manage it though!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #11  
Finding success on beach

Thanks Mom2QJandT. I'm thinking of giving it a try. Having a differnt # of points each day does sound difficult to keep track of. Either way, I am counting again. BTW - I looked at your before and after pics... HOLY COW, you look amazing! Gave me the motivation I needed to get thru today!!
At what point can I add a ticker to my posts?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #12  

Jen -- Thanks! You can get a ticker after 30 days and 30 posts. At least that's what it was when I started here. Things do change and I know that after the crash (be glad you missed THAT!) I thought that I read that the powers that be were changing that a bit.

Briana - - you're almost there! Those last few pounds are the hardest (or at least I've heard tell, I've never managed to get there), so don't beat yourself up over it!

Jeanne - - a 2 lb gain on a 10 day vacation? That's great! I seem to remember someone that was in Florida on Spring Break for a week recently and gained 5. I wonder who that chick was? I really thought that laying on the beach was exercise, it made me sweat! And those margaritas? Yeah, those were to rehydrate me after my beach workout!

Have a Happy 4th everyone!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #13  
Finding success on beach

Good morning everyone. How did your 4th go? Mine was great, as far as points... I did OK. So glad my WI isn't until Monday, gives me two days to get back on track!!
I LOVE iced coffee from Dunkin Doughnuts. I tried it with skim milk instead of cream... not loving it. 3 points for 1 drink seems like a lot to me. Does anyone else drink iced coffees? If so, how are you ordering them??
Enjoy your Saturday!
Jenny
Old 07-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #14  

Hope that everyone had a good 4th! We went to a parade and carnival. I probably used every flex point I had for the week splitting an elephant ear with the kids! BUT, in the old days I would have eaten my own instead of sharing one with three grabby kids, so I'll count it and move on. Other than that I was on plan and we walked and walked and walked, so I was moving, even if it was at a slow, leisurely pace!

Jen - I'm a Starbucks Venti Light Mocha Frappacino (no whip, please) girl. They're 4 POINTS, and I have three a week probably (depending on my cash flow I may have four and if the bf is trying to be nice, it could be five). One of my friends has an iced coffee that she gets and it's 5 POINTS, but she tried the Frap and said that it was pretty good for a bigger coffee with fewer POINTS. I stay far, far, far away from Dunkin Donuts. Doughnuts are probably my biggest weakness, I love those things and I can eat a dozen without thinking twice about it! Kudos to you if you can stop there and just have to worry about the coffee!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mind if another person join the group? I started WW online on 7/3/08.
Would like to have some support.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote