UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #1  
Silver Surfer

Default Blog Thread - My Plan Of Action

Well I guess I have to start this somewhere. I hope you don’t mind if I create this blog thread to make my plan and plot my progress?

I’m 58, live a rather sedate lifestyle and have been gaining weight since my grandson came to live with me three years ago.

I plan to rethink my shopping list, make an appointment with the nurse at my doctor’s surgery to be weighed and pick up the latest diet sheets. I plan to get out and walk daily.

I have been cutting down and cutting somethings out since the beginning of the year but I have to admit that I need to do more exercise. And I haven’t really been keeping tabs on my weight. The main thing was to feel better in myself. Now that I do, I would like to try to be more strict with myself and get out more.

Monday is shopping day, so I will start then.

So here’s hoping.

Any feedback and advice would be very much appreciated.
Etta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:03 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get lots of nutritional support & help from members
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:52 AM   #3  
Silver Surfer

Spoz,

Thank you.

Sundays are very quiet around here.

If I had any sense I would get out for a walk.

Instead I'm looking at this as my last day of not doing anything about my weight.

Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #4  
Silver Surfer

Well shopping has been done for the week. Lots of fruit and veg and bottled water, wholegrain bread, eggs etc.

Since I’m in UK, I have to admit I read the diet choices and, the truth is I don’t eat anywhere near that much.

This is normal for me -

Tea and toast for breakfast
Something on a sandwich for lunch
Main meal is usually potatoes and veg with some kind of meat; sausage, chicken, cold ham sort of thing. And usually fruit for dessert but usually sometimes cake.

I think my real problem is lack of exercise.

New eating habit will kick in seriously tomorrow.

And I will try to do something about moving more.

New rules -

Rule one - Eat less move more.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #5  
Silver Surfer

Okay day two.

Been eating lots of fruit and drinking lots of water.

Cut out tea and coffee in order to get a better sleep.

Dealing with headaches just now but it doesn't last long, I've cut out tea, coffee and soda before so I know what to expect.

Went for a walk yesterday and today (in the rain). Easing into it and will step it up once I feel less achy.

Cleared up through-out this morning this helps me feel better and a bit more motivated.

Listening to some music and doing laundry now.

Need some good walking shoes.

Take care everyone. If what you are doing is working.. Keep doing it. Good luck to all of you.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #6  
Silver Surfer

Day three. Walked to town about two miles. And walked back with some more fruit. Didn’t want to carry more than that. Think I’ll buy some trainers for walking. Might walk to town tomorrow and get some. It helps having somewhere to walk to and back rather than just going around the block. Could walk to my sisters house about a mile away but she would only insist on fixing lunch for us. Lol

Haven’t weighed myself yet. I don’t have scales but I think I’m around ten and a half stone. I plan to give this time to kick in and then I’ll weigh myself in town. I try to avoid having scales in doors as I tend to weigh myself and get discouraged when I don’t see any result especially after a particularly good week.

The school holidays are coming up soon. This is a time when I have to be very careful because we often take the kids out for the day and that usually means a drink and a sandwich somewhere along the way.

Okay we are just in July. I‘m going to step things up a bit and plan to weigh myself on the 1st of August. Being older, I’m not concerned about losing a lot of weight, just enough to make me feel good in myself and have clothes fit better. I think I would be happy with nine stone. I’ll aim for that and then see how I feel about taking off more.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #7  
Silver Surfer

Day six - Feeling pretty good, headaches gone. I have walked everyday but still don’t feel it’s enough. Going to buy some trainers tomorrow. Shared a curry with my grandson on Friday but didn’t have my usual Friday night bottle of wine. Been eating lots of fruit and drinking lots of water. Might weigh myself in town tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #8  
Silver Surfer

Day 10 - Everything is going well. Trainers still on my list of things to do as is getting weighed. New food shopping list going well. I have been buying trays of fresh chopping and sliced fruit, splitting it up into small portions, putting it in small sandwich bags and freezing it then taking one or two out to thaw, one for lunch and one for dessert after dinner. Dinner is more salad than anything. Cutting way down on bread and potatoes. Feeling quite good but I really wish I could do more exercise. Hate to sound negative but it’s during exercise that I really feel my age.