Old 06-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wed, 6/18

Mornin' All!

What's wrong with this picture that I'm starting the daily chat??

Karen, I can just picture DH drooling over the tv! And only computer geeks like him would want Linex! Hey, whatever happened with your laptop?

KAR, Congrats on the loss!

Christina, I am bad with letting the kids sleep with us, but I'm pretty over it. Robby, my little guy, thankfully is back to being happy in his own bed. Peter will never change. He'll be 18 and sleeping with me I think!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Somethings Chat, Wednesday, June 18th

Mornin' Chicksters

The campout was fun. I wasn't planning on Annie staying over but once she saw that all five of the other little girls were, she wanted to. It was at a neighbor's house and I could hear those little girls camping out in the backyard until 11:00 p.m... Every now and then I'd here the Mom says, "Girls." They were giggly and sounded like they were having a great time. The Mom's voice didn't sound too amused though Doctor appointments for me and DS scheduled for this afternoon. We're off to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks" at 10:00 for the free show. Hope that everyone has a great day ~ Joan

Oh, by the way, I've been doing so well with food and exercise. Came home last night and DH had made a homemade cherry cobbler. DD and him had picked the cherries (we have a big cherry tree in our yard) and made this incredibly, awesome, delicious cobbler. The crust was to die for. Part was me was kicking myself for giving in and eating some. Then again, this is a once a year dish. He has assured me that he isn't making another one.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hey guys...

Kerry, great job on the loss..keep it up!! You're doing super.

Just got my "baby" off to his last day of 3rd grade. I can't believe in 3 years Ii'll have a middle schooler!!! AHHH!!!

Today they have a half day, so Cady & I will pick him up & meet friends at the park. First I have ot go food shopping & to the bank. Need lots of food for the shore. I can't wait.

Okay, [I]someone[I] wants to get on Webkinz...talk later.

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #4  
KAR

Hi Everyone,
It is a nice cool morning here. The sun is shining. It is suppose to only be 72 today. So I think my sdd and I are going to go to the state park that has a lake and walk around it. My sds' are spending tonight with one of their cousins. So that should be an interesting evening. Me being the only girl with a house full of males (4)!
Lauren, hope you have a nice day!
Pam, hope that you get your errands done today. When do you leave for the beach? Sounds like you have a nice day planned for this afternoon. Enjoy yourself.
Joan, sounds like you had a fun time at your campout! Don't sweat the cherry cobbler! It is a little treat for you and then just move on. You won't fall off the bandwagon will you?
Hi Toni, Alicia, Diane, Erin, Hanna, and everyone else. Hope that you all have a nice day! So far my dh has been nice so far. But I still think that I am going to look for a part time summer job, just to get out of the house for a little bit each day.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #5  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Hello all.......

We have been busy so I have not had time to get on. I weighed this morning and I lost 2.5 lbs. I am so happy. I think it is because I am drinking alot of water and bringing my lunch to work. I have also been cooking every night. So that helps out alot. My husband started back on his as well. Starting back at the gym today. I get off at 2 so there won't be a big crowd at the gym.

I have read that a few of you were using slim fast. I drink it every morning for breakfast. But I also have a snack around 9am. Then I have lunch and then I have dinner. I don't drink it more than once a day. You can also go to their website and it will set you up with a meal plan. I like to drink it because it gives me the the vitamins that I don't take on a regular basis. Vitamins make me very sick to my stomach.

You know I can't really complain about the weight I did gain back. I think of it this way. I quit smoking on Feb 28. Yes I gained the weight back that I had lost but I lost the bad habit I had. I feel so much better for it. So I will get back on track and deal with things as they are thrown at me.

Everyone have a good day......

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #6  

Lauren & Karen ~ I thought that my DH was the only Linux dork out there...

Pam ~ enjoy the day! We always make a big deal out of the last (and first)day of school. It's weird to think that Frankie is just now getting out of school since my kids have been out one month already. How exciting that vacation is rolling around this weekend ~ sounds like a great time!

Kerry ~ excellent job with the weight loss. Keep doing what you're doing and 20 lbs. down by the time school starts is definitely do-able. Thanks for the nice note about my eating the cobbler. You are right. It was a treat and I'm trying to make this realistic enough to stick. I'm so sick of "dieting" and depriving myself is a thing of the past. Of course, so is daily indulgences!!

We're off to meet friends at the movie theater ~ Joan
Old 06-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #7  

Fergi ~ quitting smoke is HUGE! You have the right attitude. Don't sweat the weight. It'll come off.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #8  

Joan...have fun at the flick. Cherry cobbler sounds yum, and yes, it sounds like you have the right attitude. Pick and choose your splurges...it has alwyas worked for me!!

Fergi, WTG with the loss and super WTG with the not smoking!!! I'm glad you are getting back on track, and wait to see how much $ you save bringin lunch!!

Off to get Frankie... I picked up a few buckets & net so the kids could try to catch tadpoles & turtles...they love that stuff.

Have a chiro & massage scheduled tonight...YAY me!!

Later!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #9  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Just got home from my walk with my sdd. We ended walking around the lake and decided to take the bike path for a little ways. Well our little ways ended up being into town where it starts and back. So it took us 2 hours and 10 minutes. Now I think I will eat the rest of my sub from Subway from my lunch yesterday and drink a glass of tea. Then think about getting a shower and going to Wal-Mart for a few things.
Fergi, congrats on the weight loss! You on are the right way to improving your health tremendously! Enjoy your time at the gym this afternoon.
Pam enjoy your time at the park with the kids this afternoon!
Hi to everyone else. My stomach is telling me it is really hungery. So I better go feed it before it gets too hungery and I over eat. Chat with you all later.
Have a wondeful afternoon!
Later,
Kerry
Old 06-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #10  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

good morning everyone! DD slept HORRIBLY last night. She still sleeps with us and is sick right now, she was up half the night coughing from the mucus running down her throat. This is week 3 of this crap...sigh...I hate it when kids are sick. So I am Zombie mama today.

We went for a family walk last night, about 2 miles with the kiddos, we ended up carrying them for the last part, but they were troopers and it was better exercise for me carrying that extra 25 or 40 pounds. Sometimes when I get really tired after carrying the kids I think that I used to be carrying all that weight around all the time! Makes me feel good about myself.

Fergi - WTG on quitting smoking!!!!!! and the weight loss too!

gotta go feed kids, more later...

Last edited by mamatoni; 06-18-2008 at 02:24 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

hello all...

fergi- congrats on quitting the smoking. My sis in law is doing the same thing...it is wonderful that you were able to do it.

I picked my son up today at the halfway point and am so excited to have him home. We are just hanging out waiting for his daddy to get home from work and bring home the little girl.

Everyone sounds like they are doing well and Joan- I would have eaten it too...that is a special treat and well worth it I am sure.

Kar- As a teacher too, I am not sure how you feel about working with kids over the summer but many times daycare centers hire part timers during the summer to assist with their numbers with the school age kids...just a thought for getting you out of the house!

Take care!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

hello everyone! I am finally back from arizona. It feels so good to be home! I thought I would go thru and read all the posts since I left, but honestly, there are way too many! The wedding was nice. My mother seems so happy, and I am happy for her, it was just a little hard for us kids that my dad is really gone and mom is moving on. I enjoyed all the visiting with the family. I will try to post up a pic or two when I find time. I think between 3 of us there are over 2000 pics (wedding included) so a lot to go thru! I didn't get a chance to work out at all while I was there and I can't say that my eating was the best. I haven't been on the scale since I left, BUT tomorrow is the day to kick it all back into gear since hubby and I are off on our anniversary trip in a couple of weeks!! WOO HOO!!! Well, I have children whining for dinner... I will read up as much as i can and post personals later!
Have a good evening all!
Stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #13  

hey hey all!...hope everyone is having a wonderful evening...its HOT here...but i love it...hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying the summer!

pam: yeah it summertime for the kids!...enjoy!..how was the massage?

lauren: you starting the thread is like me starting the thread...we are NEVER the first ones on here!...i think mario will be in my bed till he graduates!..hope you had a wonderful day

joan: cobler...yummmm...i would have eaten some too...dont feel bad...how was the movie...i love alvin and the chipmunks..

fergi: great job on quitting smoking!..that is a huge success...

kerry: sounds like your walk was very nice...it actually sounds lovely!

stephanie: how was the weather in arizona...my mom says lately its been hot but i think it was last week she said it cooled down a little...werent you in tucson?..glad your back and had a great time!

toni: i hope your little one gets better soon..it sucks when they are sick!...a 2 mile walk with little ones??? and no stroller?...youre good!

mcmommy: have a great night with your son!

hi alicia/hanna/gg/and everyone else...ahve a great night!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #14  
KAR

Evening Everyone,
Sounds like everyone had a great day today! I looked up my walk that I took with my stepdaughter. I think we did a little over 5 miles. So I think that we will be sleeping good tonight. Tomorrow I think when I excerise I will only do a 30 minute workout. Had a nice trip to Wal-mart this afternoon. Even thought to go to the drug store and buy a medic-alert for my pencillin allergy. Am thinking about calling tomorrow and setting up an appointment to have my hair done next week by getting low lights put in my hair. So I am thinking about me and not everyone else for a change.
Guess who is left home with the boys' and their cousin. You guessed it right! So I think tomorrow I might just tell my dh that I am going to go to the gym for a little bit. After dinner, he said that he had to go into town for a little bit to see one of his friend's. He promised that he would be back at dark. So they are outside playing well I am on the computer. I keep going outside and checking on them every fifteen minutes or so.
Erin I think that I will check into that at the local daycares here in town. Thanks for the idea! I bet that you are so glad that your little boy is home with you again. I know that I miss my stepkids when I don't see them for a while.
Toni, sounds like you had a great walk last night with your family. I love it when my family goes for walks together. Hope your little dd is feeling better this evening. Hope that you both get some much needed sleep this evening.
Stephanie your trip sounds like it was fun! Where are you and your dh going on your anniversary trip? Look forward to seeing your pictures from your trip.
Hi to everyone else. Well I need to go and get some work done. I am trying to get a grant for my classroom next year. I would like to get a Wii, a Wii Fit and a healthy living curriculum to teach my kids.
Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #15  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Hi again...

Stephanie, nice to meet you! When is your anniversary? DH and I have ours this weekend, we were married on Solstice, it is such a beautiful time of the year. Whose wedding were you going to? It was probably in one of the posts before I got on...

Kerry, great idea about the Wii in the classroom, I bet the kids would LOVE it. Our school is starting a community garden and implementing healthy living curriculum an any classrooms that are interested. I also have to admit that I am hoping to go back to school many pounds lighter. We had a biggest loser challenge between our faculty and the "rival school's" faculty, it was a great motivator for me and each school lost about 300 lbs in 3 months!

Pam, cherry cobbler with FRESH cherries, sounds delicious. I actually don't know that I have ever had cherry cobbler before, but I sure wouldn't pass it up!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote