Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Chat Tues June 17th

GOOD MORNING!!!

Today the weather is supposed to be gorgeous...really looking forward to it.

Toni, the greenhouse looks amazing, you are so fortunate to be able to have it. And it's great that DH was able to build it for you!! Enjoy!!

Diana, welcome back. I find that good choices and thinking how I am going to feel after I eat something help me stay on track. I try to think ahead, "If I eat this, am I going to be mad at myself after??" If the answer is yes, I don't eat it. I've been on the wagon for almost three weeks and kicking butt. Get back on, girl, and try your best. Maybe if you give yourself the weekend to splurge a little, that way it's not a CONSTANT deprivation. That's what has seemed to work best for me.

Kerry, sorry your DH is being such a jerk. I don't know what I would do in your sitch. All I can say is I'm sending you a hug!!

do any of you have the Regal family movies program?? It starts here today. It is free movies on Tues. & Wed., and they are all movies that you can get on DVD, but it is fun to have an outing to the movies, and we bring our own popcorn,juice, candy, etc...my kids love it & so do I. It gives us something to do, and IT'S FREE!!! Check out regalcinemas.com and go to the family film link...anyway that's what I have planned with Cady today. We are going to see Babe, Pig in the City. After that we may go to the park. I do have to get to the grocery store, but probably tomorrow. I have to make a likst of food I want to take to the shore.

Well, I'm off to the shower. HOpe everyone has a great day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

Pam, I just checked, they're all down south Jersey. Oh well...

Last edited by LBH; 06-17-2008 at 08:48 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good Morning everyone...thanks for all your words of encouragement. I know I just need to start doing good things for myself and start really loving myself right now...it will get better...

Toni- Your greenhouse is beautiful. You are so lucky to have it and a wonderful hubby...My son will be 3 on July 18...and yes, I guess part of this is just me missing him too...but I go up to the farm in PA tomorrow to get him!

Kerry- Sorry about the hubby's attitude...why do men get like that? I have only been married 4 years but no matter who I talk to or at what length of time they have been married, issues tend to be the same. It is nice to know what we fight about now we will still be fighting about 50 years from now!

Take care all and have a great day...all we can do is try our best!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #4  
KAR

Morning All,
Hope you are all having a nice day! I have to clean our bedroom, go out to school to visit one of my friends for lunch, talk to my boss about some things for next year. Then go to TOPS this evening. I don't know if I will get to stay for the meeting this evening, since my stepkids have ball games tonight. If they win the 6:30 game, then they play the 8:30. So going to make for a long day. But I will check back in often with you all as I can. Hope that I can keep my sanity through out the summer. My dh asked me this morning if I was planning on looking for a summer job today. If though I want a summer job, I just think that he shouldn't push me in to getting one. If I do get a summer job, I hope he doesn't think that he is going to expect me to jump through his little hoops on top of working. His mom is not happy with the way he treated me, while I was gone away for the weekend with her. I think she really wants to put a boot up his hindy.
Well I need to go and get started for the day. Chat with you all later.
Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chicksters!

Pam ~ Yes! We are going with friends to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks" tomorrow. They are free at 10:00 and 12:00 on Wednesday and Thursdays here in St. Louis.

Hi Lauren!

mcmommy ~ I'm betting that the little guy is really missing YOU.

Kerry ~ Good luck tonight at TOPS. I hope that it's a good week for you.

Diana ~ it's never easy. No way, no how. Pam's advice is good and so true. Even though I'm doing WW, I am *not* dieting. I'm looking at it as lifestyle change because once I start depriving myself too much, weight loss is history. Plan ahead and do the work and you will do fine.

Toni ~ wow! I would love to have a greenhouse. What a labor of love!! Have you lived in Alaska all of your life? We used to have another gal from Alaska with this group. I loved reading her stories about life in Alaska with that mountain man of her.

DH left for work at 6:30 and within minutes my two girls crawled into bed with me. We have a king size bed but those girls were pressed in so close that I couldn't move. After about 10 minutes, I decided that I need to get out of there LOL. Time to get my rear in gear and get on my bike. We're going to the pool this afternoon and then this evening my middle daughter and I are off to a campout. I turned off the air yesterday and opened the place up since the weather has been so pleasant. Have a great day!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #6  

Can anyone tell me more about this Fitday thing? I understand it is free and is some sort of tracker. Is it part of this website or another? thanks...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin Chickadee's!

Pam, I haven't heard of the Regal Cinemas thing, I will have to check it out, not sure if there is a Regal cinemas nearby. Enjoy the lovely weather, its still hot down here.

Kerry, there may not be any hope for your DH, I don't know if your step kids live there full time or not? Anyways, they are old enough to pull their weight around the house. My DD does the dishes, laundry and DS does the trash. I don't expect big stuff...but I'm not coming home from work and cleaning dirty dishes. You work hard all year and you deserve to enjoy your summer! Good luck tonight at your Tops.

Erin, the fitday is not a part of the 3fc (im pretty sure). You can track your calories and exercise. However, I would skip the exercise because it seems to over compensate. I do think you can link it to your 3fc account. Let me recommend to you also checking out My daily Plate. It's the same idea, I found it a little easier to find foods and exercise on. Hope that helps.

Toni, ahhh, a man who can build stuff (well) lucky girl! I was just telling a friend on the phone last night that I *so* wish I would have taken woodshop in high school. Would of came in handy, so much more than some of the other classses.

Joan, my kids are almost to old to crawl in bed and I will say that I do miss it. Dd wont do it unless shes sick or sad. PS, I'm still thinking about that dorito salad, you'll have to share it, even thought I'm sure its unhealthy.

Hey to Lauren and to everyone else!

I guess my day will be spent mostly cleaning up. I have to mop and dust, not very fun. I have been having alot of trouble with my back. I have a DRS appt next monday. I was wondering if I should try a chrio or should I wait to see what the family dr saids first.

Okay I have a question, completely off topic. I've decided on painting the kitchen cabinets. I was thinking of putting some curtain (tiers) up where some of the doors were. Does that sound tacky?

Hope everyone has a great day, I'll check back later!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #8  

Alicia ~ Wehrenberg is who is offering free movies here on Wed & Thurs mornings. LOL at your thinking about the Dorito salad. Every single woman that was here that night had me e-mail them the recipe ~ it was soooooo good. We had quite a bit left over and I had to toss it. Once the dressing was on it the Doritoes got all mushy ~ ick. Regarding the kitchen cabinets, I think that the curtain idea would look good on bottom cabinets. Have you thought about taking the doors off of the top cabinets and leaving them open? I've seen that in magazines and it looks great. I really like the looks of it and I've thought about doing it myself. I have some pretty china/glassware that would look good. However, it would also require more dusting LOL. That would be the drawback! Got my exercise in and have a ton of water already in my system. Time to round up the troops and get moving to the pool.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #9  

Sorry Alicia, forgot to mention that if you'd like for me to post the recipe (or PM) I will.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #10  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for all the great compliments on the greenhouse, I am so proud and lucky to have such a talented DH, he builds log homes for a living and my greenhouse was his first attempt at timber framing. Unfortunately I totally understand your frustrations, Kerry. He WILL NOT clean anything indoors (okay, he does OCCASIONALLY vacuum) and seems to think that right inside the front door is the perfect place to leave sweaty, sawdust-covered clothes! Sometimes I really think men's brains are wired differently!

Alicia, I totally agree with Joan on leaving the top cupboards open. I think it looks really cute, things would be super-accessible too.

Erin, I second the vote for checking out the daily plate as well, I found it to have a bigger list of foods. Your DS is only a week older than mine! My DS talks about nothing other than his birthday...truck birthday...dinosaur birthday...tractor birthday...he is OBSESSED!

Pam, what a great way to look at eating! I also am trying to be realistic and not deprive myself since this is going to be for the rest of my life. I like the way of asking "am I going to be mad at myself if I eat this". I will definitely use that.

Joan, I have lived here in Alaska since I was 7, left for college and came back. I love it here, complete with my own mountain man

Kinda a rainy day here, I am going to round up the kids and head into town for a load of water. Maybe we'll pick up a movie. All you guys talking about movie's really has me thinking about a good one.

Have a great day!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #11  
LBH

Alicia,

I've had my cabinet doors off since we moved in! I intended on painting them white, just to freshen it up. Then I thought, well, maybe a different color. Now it's 7-8 months later and my cabinet doors are somewhere in the house or garage and it looks horrible! I'm ready to put them all back on. Of course, most of my dishes are plastic, non-breakable things, because I have 2 kids under the age of 6! Maybe if I had nice dishes in there, I wouldn't feel that way.

I'm thinking I'll probably just paint them white and hang them back up though.

My thoughts on curtins...I considered that for 1/2 a second. Then I realized I'd be washing them constantly, because of the dust, grease and who knows what else would splatter on them or something! Too much work.

Toni, my DS turned 3 in January and all I hear about is Thomas!! He's completely obsessed!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #12  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies. Thanks for welcoming me back....again!
Yesterday turned out okay and today's okay so far......I'll be good if it rains (yes there's a reason....if it doesn't rain, we're going fishing which will mean a late--possibly out to eat--supper, which makes me somewhat nervous.) It's looking like rain....I've checked the radar and there's a big cluster moving this way, but looks like it may only clip us, which would mean fishing. Tomorrow we'll be traveling all day, so I'm a bit worried about that too. Have a funeral to go to that's a few hours away at 11 am. Oh well, we'll see!! Whatever happens, happens right?

Kar73, don't let him control you! (You didn't ask for my opinion.....sorry....) I don't think there's a married woman alive that hasn't dealt with this issue. I firmly believe it's all about men seeking how much control they have in the relationship. I can let it sit for as long as it needs to sit to get my point across. And DH knows it. We've played that game....it don't fly around here anymore....and when it tries to, there's HECK to pay!! It takes being able to be amongst the dirtiness left behind by your loved ones....but in the end, it's worth it. I do clean up after my family......not the extent that they've tried to make me believe that I need to. I'm not their slave.....I deserve their respect.

Okay, rambling. Sorry. Hope everyone's having a GREAT day!! I'm thinking of going and doing a rain dance (J/K)......

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 06-17-2008 at 05:17 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #13  

I will check out the daily plate- thanks.

Lauren- My son (3 in July) is also obsessed with Thomas! We have so many of those magnetic take along trains...he always wants to go to Target for another one!

Alicia- You should search HGTV website for some inspiration for your kitchen. They have lots of great ideas there.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #14  
LBH

MC, HGTV is why my cabinets are NOT done yet! I saw something on there that someone did and have been teetering ever since! We have all the Take Along Thomas sets too. I told DH when my older son was obsessed that I'm not going broke buying the wooden trains. Besides, these are sturdier, I think, and easier to "take along". Duh! He has one of the battery operated sets that his speech teacher gave him for Christmas and he has to have that Thomas all the time these days...it's called "Longer Thomas".
Old 06-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6

Alicia...Lauren has a great point about the curtains...they would get really dirty fast.

Joan, we saw Babe, but it was the 2nd one, and it "stinked on ice" according to Cady. It was pretty bad. Alvin is coming in a few weeks, and some really great ones are going to be there this summer. We've been doing it for about 4 years now, and I love it. I think you should post the recipe...I would love to try it for a party, and hey, if it's for a party then it's not ALL going to be eaten by me right?? (I hope, lol!!)

Mc, dunno anything about fitday, but I've heard people love it. Maybe I should check it out.

Okay, time for reading to Cady...we're in the middle of a Junie B. Jones book...she laughs out loud at them, which I love. Hope everyone has a great night!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote