Old 06-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: June 16-June 22

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a nice weekend. Things were fairly quiet. Yesterday am was dd gymnastics show. It was too cute! I'll have to figure out how to post a picture. She did great - the older girls were amazing. Sarah just watched in amazement. When ever I take her its just preschool groups. She has never seen what a gymnast can actually do. I think she is hooked on the sport!

Foodwise, I'm doing OK. Not tracking as much as I should but I am writing down my wpas as I use them. Hence the challenge this week! I need to get in better control. I also need to figure what to do about wi. I've been going Tuesday afternoons. But now that school and gymnastics is out this week, I'll probably be taking off to the beach or into Boston on Tuesdays. Not sure if I'll make to back for wi -- not sure if I want to run my day off this summer around getting to a meeting. Maybe I can find a 7am on Saturday. I need to check that out.

Thats about it with me.

Angela, how are you making out with the floods. I did see on the news that the rivers have crested. I hope its receeding now.

Vickie, did you get your AC fixed?

Sandra, how are you doing? Hope all is well with you and Curtis.

BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Hi there. All's well here. Not much going on; just trying to stay cool. So far so good.

Paula, enjoy your summer. I hope you find a Sat AM meeting.

Rhonda, thank you for the clean pages.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies, not much going on here today. I went to dd's pre-k class today so she can have a birthday celebration with her classmates, she is a summer baby so when it is her birthday school will be out. I had Dunkin Donuts
Munchkins in my car for 2 hrs and did not touch one, what a challenge that was. Instead I ate my watermelon and grapes like a good girl.

Hope everyone is doing well!
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #5  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

WTG Niki! We have donuts at our company meeting once a month, but they also buy fresh fruit. It's a chore not taking a donut, but since I started core I haven't given in. I take a banana and that's it!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #6  

Hi All:

We have been having such rains here in Toronto. I was sure we were having tornadoettes yesterday! The wind was crazy. But, nothing's flooding so there's not that much to complain about.

Except for 100 calories, I was totally Core today, and I walked 5.5 miles. My pace wasn't too quick and the calories used were not too many, but I was on the move much of the day. I'll quicken my pace tomorrow.

I did floor exercises and lifted free weights last night while watching a movie with DH.

Hope you're all well.

Rhonda
Old 06-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #7  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I only had about 50 non-core calories today when I have my salad at lunch. I wish I would have read the challenge before I ate my salad. Other than that I have had a total core day. But I did have a non-core food, so I will start the challenge tomorrow.

I went to my water aerobics class and got a really good workout.

Hope everyone is doing fine!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:16 AM   #8  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting for a while. My DD was admitted to hospital for dehydryation Poor thing! We are home now and she seems to be getting better... but it looks like now my son is heading in the same direction!
All the kids here on the compound have the same bug, it seems! Can't wait to get through this, it's exhausting to care for a sick toddler and preschooler! They seem so helpless! I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss them running around and causing mayhem around the house! I miss that kind of chaos!
Anyways, I've been sticking to core as much as I could... even my bad choices were not that bad! but I am ready for a better week.
Tejas: When you talk about Toronto I get homesick! Tell me more! I miss it so much!
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #9  

Hi Noussa:

Well, enjoy the heat because here in Toronto we have had precious little of it! The only good thing about it is that the lilacs lasted forever and the city is very green.

Do you read the Toronto Star on-line? That should help you get a taste of what's happening: jazz festivals, food fairs, goose poop at the beaches, you know, the usual!

I woke up at 4:45 AM, and I've got a long day
But, only one reception today.

Rhonda
Old 06-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 10"

Noussa, sorry to hear about the sick kiddo's. I do hate it when dd is sick. Its so upsetting to me. I hope things start looking better for you all there - and you don't get it!

I'm glad that everyone is taking part in the challenges. I will post the next weeks on Sunday so everyone can start off the week know what it is.

Things here are going well. DD has her last gymnastics class and her friend is going as well. The girls should be playing here most of the day. I've been playing with my movie maker. I bought a digitial movie camera before Christmas. With the gymnastics show I decided to see how to get the movie onto a DVD. It actually worked! My mom and mil can't wait to see it. It gave me an idea for Christmas --- make a DVD of all dd from this year. It will take some time, but I did figure out how to set up the DVD using the software. Of course there is no manual, just on line help, which is hard to read while trying to do the editing. Lets see if it works! I did figure out this weekend how to copy the movies off the camera and set the clips into separat folders, create a play list and put those on DVD.

Dad is doing better, they had him up in a wheelchair yesterday. Its been the first time he's been out of bed for a week and 1/2. Things are improving! Its such a relief from where we were a while ago. I'm going to go see him later today when dh comes home. Still not ready to bring dd - once I know he is not so sickly looking and up, then I'll bring her. The good thing with her being 5, she is not pushing to see him. She knows he is in the hospital.

Well, got to get ready for the day. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm here! The AC guy came yesterday and says he fixed the AC. I won't know for 3-4 days since it's chilly here in Chicagoland. I'm on program. I just sent Jim to the store so I can make some lemon garlic chicken, oven fries, and fresh green beans for dinner. It's one of my favorites.

My stomach is not as upset as it has been. I'm sure it was stress. I need to try not to sweat (no pun intended) the small stuff. I could tell that I was VERY upset though because I lost my appetite. When I'm just nervous, I eat.

I'm going to try to post more.....and get back to my exercise.

Have a great on program day. Are you all drinking your water? It's really important on Core to wash through all that fiber.

Last edited by Vickie; 06-17-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I'm really worried about you. How is everything? Is there anything I can do?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #13  

Thanks Vickie. We are fine. They are allowing showers every other day, so the water shortage has lifted slightly. We're just kind of regrouping as a city and trying to figure out how to organize all the volunteers that are eager to help, and the donations pouring in from everyone who wasn't directly affected by flood waters.

As Sandra says, Life is good. I have electricity, some water, a loving family, and good friends.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

You make me teary. You always have such a wonderful attitude. We are one awesome group of ladies here. I've been checking often, hoping you'd post.

I feel so blessed here. And me....whining about my AC. Shame on me.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #15  

Hey, AC is important! It's probably a major factor in homicide prevention!!!

What a day I had today. I received some news at work that is going to make my colleagues very unhappy. I won't post details on an open board, but I can say that academic politics is exactly what Henry Kissinger said: the politics are so petty because the stakes are so low! Or, as is said about Woodrow Wilson: he had to leave Princeton because the politics were too rough!

Oh well, there are many worse professions than the one I'm in. At least I get to go to lots of parties in June.

Paula, I'm glad to hear that your Dad is up a bit. Being bed-ridden is very bad for anyone, particularly the elderly. It can lead to muscle deterioration and pneumonia very quickly.

Angela, glad to hear that you're not too stinky yet! I'm sure we're all watching the news with your interest in mind. I'm so glad that they got the paintings out and safe.

Rhonda