Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/219/145

Height: 5' 4"

Question Fertility Blend

Does anyone know anything about this? It seems like it is legitimate since there has been a double blind, placebo controlled study on it. Basically it is just a supplement of vitamins like E, B6, B12, etc. plus a couple of herbals. Here is the site: www.fertilityblend.com
I'm thinking about getting some due to having PCOS.
ChrystalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:25 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Personally I've never heard of it . . . just wanted to suggest that you might want to ask that question over on the PCOS Forum and perhaps get more responses . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

One good thing about pills is that you can break them down by ingredients. Looking at the website, the only thing that you wouldn't get from your diet naturally or a regular multivitamin is chasteberry(vitex). The website even basically says chasteberry is the ingredient that they are relying on to make you more fertile.

My recommendation would be to look up the individual ingredients. I looked up chasteberry and found one page that says chasteberry does have some potential for relieving PMS symptoms but no real proof on increasing fertility.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050901/821.html

Of course it may be something you want to pursue which is fine. I looked at the fertility blend website and a 1 month supply, 90 capsule bottle costs 29.99. Looking at drugstore.com, there are various pills with vitex (search for vitex if you look online or at a drugstore near you).

100, 400mg capsules of vitex from Nature's way costs $6.19
100, 500mg capsules of vitex from GNC Nature's Fingerprint costs $8.99

And most expensive is something called Femaprin from Nature's way with 60 capsules, (2 month supply) at $11.89.

The reviews are pretty positive on drugstore.com for vitex and it might be something you want to read.

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

One thing I forgot to add is drugs are drugs, whether they are natural or man made. If you do decide to take this pill or others, inform your doctor as there may be interactions.

Last edited by nelie; 06-15-2008 at 11:32 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/219/145

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks very much for your info and reply!
ChrystalM is offline   Reply With Quote