South Beach Diet - So proud of myself!!

View Full Version : So proud of myself!!

TwynnB
06-12-2008, 11:01 PM
So, I'm on week 6 of South Beach (4th week of Phase II). I've lost almost 10 lbs., 3" from my waist and 3" from my hips, 1 pant size...and haven't cheated at all!! (well, I eat watermelon, but that's a conscious decision to go with glycemic load vs. glycemic index)

So today at work, they bring in a HUGE plate of various cookies. "It's for YOU!!!" they say, sent by a colleague as a thank you. FOR ME?!?!? A plate of COOKIES?!?! :eek:

Nothing. No temptation. Nada. Didn't even waft the smell up to myself. Put away 6 cookies for my husband and children, and left the rest for them.

YEHAW!! I never thought I'd see this day!!

auntie g
06-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Congrats! I don't know anything about SB, but I know cookies aren't good for anyone!

spryng
06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Congrats that is awesome! I had a similar thing happen last weekend and it makes you feel so good doesn't it? :)
your begining and end stats are alot like mine! I'm losing slowly as well, course I'm on day 13 of p1, may I ask if you've been exercising? I haven't started yet and I'm wondering if that might increase my weightloss. I was hoping to see 10 lbs off by July 4th but now I'm beginning to wonder if it's realistic, what do you think?

ladybugnessa
06-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Well done! Be PROUD!

Marathon Mom
06-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Congratulations! That is great to hear!

\0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/

Standing ovation for beating the cookies!!!

TwynnB
06-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Spryng -I did laugh when I saw you start...you and I are very similar! (and I'd love to get to 124....what I was in college...but I wanted to be realistic)

Yes, I am exercising. This week is tough, because the boss is out of town, and I'm working more. I've worked myself up to 2 mi straight at a jog...last week I walked/jogged 18.5 mi, only 5.5 so far this week. I also did one session on demand of Jillian Michaels since I can't get out for a walk.

FYI - I lost 6 lbs with Phase I, then 1/2 - 2 lbs a week after. This week I've probably lost too much, i think it's from not having a big lunch and exercising a lot... But to me, this diet really works well...no cravings.

GONNABE165
06-13-2008, 09:58 AM
you should be very proud :congrat:

hmacneil6
06-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Way To Go!!!!
And now we dance!!!
:carrot::jig::cb::dance::cheer3::cheer2::broc:

Ruthxxx
06-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Excellent results! Aside from weightloss, you are learning to control that temptation devil.

cottagebythesea
06-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Congratulations, Twynne! You should be very proud of yourself, and we're all so proud of you! :bravo:

kitchenlogic
06-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Isn't this an amazing program? I'm finishing up week two of Phase I and have lost 8 lbs. And so far, I'm not craving sweets or breads! I can't decide if I should just stay with Phase I for awhile long. Until I get bored.

You keep going!!!!