WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 06-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #1  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Default how many points should i be eating ?

Hi i just started doing weight watchers ( 2weeks ago ) and i love it i havent actually attended a meeting because i just wanted to try it although when i am more comftable stepping on a scale publicly i will attend meetings ....

i got the booklets and all the other materials from a friend .... and i lost one of the books .... i did it for a week and lost 12 lbs .... fairly easily ( in a week !! ) but of course i religiously stuck to the points thing never using any extra and what not walking around the block three times evrey night and what not and some how its been a whole week and not even .5 of a pound has came off nothing ! in fact the oposite has begun happening i weighed today and the scale says 249.5 a few days ago it said 248 .... whats going on ?? i havent came off plan im wondering if my points need to be adjusted ....

my question is how many points should i be eating @ 248 lbs ? thanks in advance !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #2  

You're in the same weight range as me so you're supposed to be eating 34 points a day. You might have experienced such a dramatic weight loss because of water loss. Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll be right on track
anglzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Okay honestly , no one knows? its in the book im just asking someone to pick up the book and take a quick glance at the daily points allowance for someone weighing 249
Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #4  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglzgirl View Post
You're in the same weight range as me so you're supposed to be eating 34 points a day. You might have experienced such a dramatic weight loss because of water loss. Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll be right on track
lol thank you soo much i think you must have posted exactly as i was typing ... again thanks
Old 06-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglzgirl View Post
You're in the same weight range as me so you're supposed to be eating 34 points a day.
You can't do it just by weight. It takes into account age, height, weight, what your normal day to day activity level is, and I think a few other factors. I don't have my book with me but maybe if someone else does and you post those things they can do it for you.

Last edited by modkittn; 06-13-2008 at 08:34 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
You can't do it just by weight. It takes into account age, height, weight, what your normal day to day activity level is, and I think a few other factors. I don't have my book with me but maybe if someone else does and you post those things they can do it for you.
Well the book I had just had weight in it. I've never even been to a meeting (yet) so I didn't add all the other stuff in. I always eat less than my points though...I can't seem to help it.
anglzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #7  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
yeah , thats what my friend said shes got the new book and attends the meetings what she gave me is an old book like from 4 years ago which just factored in weight but when i had my friend factor in all my stats she said something like 33 or 34 points but the book i had said my weight range should be eating 28 points for the day so thats what ive been doing im afraid if i start to eat 33 or 34 points a day ill undo all my hard work i dont know if she got the formula right though ..

im 248 lbs , 20 ( soon to be 21 yaaay ) , female , i dont know what they consider to be activity , does cooking ,cleaning, foldingup clothes , and ironing count as activity ? because if not ... i pretty much dont do anything then .
Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #8  

what is your height?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #9  

If you go by the old "range" system, then your points range would be 26-31. This means you would have to eat a minimum of 26 points per day and a maximum of 31. If you eat something like 28, then you can "bank" the 3 points you didn't use that day and use them another day in your week.

I can't do the current one for you, since I don't have my book with me. I happen to know all the older "ranges" by heart
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #10  

If you do a search for "WW target calculator" you may be able to find one on the web.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Check your private messages
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote